I Can Read

jadek

hi, I sent both my girls to ICR. Never regret. My P1 girl finished the ICR2 program when she's in K2. Now she can read independently. It helps in her day-to-day work too as she can read and understand the instructions/questions. My K2 girl is now attending ICR1, will be finishing the whole course this year too.

Why I decided to send them was because I've heard many good things about it from my cousin. All her 3 kids attended ICR too. My eldest did not attend ICR (one of my regrets now). His results is not good as he does not have much interest in reading. Comparatively, the kind of books he read was simpler than what my P1 girl is reading now when he was her age then.

jadek

Can't comment on that since I have no experience with it. Hopefully other mummies can share with you.

MsKoh1973

My girl is now in I Can Read Advanced Term 1. Tat's now they doing Book 6 & 7, the whole course will complete in Sep, I went thru their book 6 and study plan, seems like I oso can teach them myself, dun noe want to let them complete the whole course or stop at this term.

siling87

Hi, my boy is in I can read as well. Let him went ICR becuz i had saw alot of good comments. However, he always returned was coloring. Asked him what he had learned and he does was coloring. I was considering whether to change to other centres or not. Does anyone have this pro?

MsKoh1973

Hi, my boy is in I can read as well. Let him went ICR becuz i had saw alot of good comments. However, he always returned was coloring. Asked him what he had learned and he does was coloring. I was considering whether to change to other centres or not. Does anyone have this pro?
Your boy is at ICR program? or the PEP program? ya, I used to have this problem, prior to ICR stage, they always do colouring, art and craft, asked my girl and niece (same class) what they learn, always cannot recall much except the craft parts, few times wanted to withdraw. They dun have any textbooks then at that stage, so cannot reinforce, dun even noe what they learning. Even if u want to speak to teacher oso v difficult, cos the class is back to back, teacher always busy.

When we were considering abt withdraw, happenend that girl n niece were upgraded to ICR, so we let them continue, now they at ICR 2 term 1. Noted that they kept revising the books now, the next term is teaching Grammar, I have decided, I am going to teach them myself so I withdraw them.

And the fees also went up cos they register for GST.

Even now, I asked my girl n niece what they do in class, usually started off w spelling, then mark the 2 comprehension from last week homework (usually one fr book 1-5 and the other fr the "amazing mind reading machine". Now the comprehension gets tougher, they spend more time going through the answer (teacher ask them to exchange answer and read out one by one). The class got 8 pp. Last week, my girls told me, they din even do any other reading cos the comprehension too tough.

Sianz lor.

Last yr, concurrently we oso joined the Kent Ridge Tutor at TPY for phonics (cos we thought of testing it out before withdrawing fr ICR). Actually phonics are about d same, except ICR use symbols, but I always wonder, can the kids read as well without the symbols?

My girl now reading quite ok, but cannot be sure is it becos of ICR or KRT (at KRT abt 1 yr, KRT charges based on count of classes, 1 class is $30 + GST)

siling87

Your boy is at ICR program? or the PEP program? ya, I used to have this problem, prior to ICR stage, they always do colouring, art and craft, asked my girl and niece (same class) what they learn, always cannot recall much except the craft parts, few times wanted to withdraw. They dont have any textbooks then at that stage, so cannot reinforce, dont even know what they learning. Even if you want to speak to teacher also very difficult, cos the class is back to back, teacher always busy.

When we were considering about withdraw, happenend that girl n niece were upgraded to ICR, so we let them continue, now they at ICR 2 term 1. Noted that they kept revising the books now, the next term is teaching Grammar, I have decided, I am going to teach them myself so I withdraw them.

And the fees also went up cos they register for GST.

Even now, I asked my girl n niece what they do in class, usually started off w spelling, then mark the 2 comprehension from last week homework (usually one fr book 1-5 and the other fr the "amazing mind reading machine". Now the comprehension gets tougher, they spend more time going through the answer (teacher ask them to exchange answer and read out one by one). The class got 8 pp. Last week, my girls told me, they did not even do any other reading cos the comprehension too tough.

Sianz .

Last yr, concurrently we also joined the Kent Ridge Tutor at TPY for phonics (cos we thought of testing it out before withdrawing fr ICR). Actually phonics are about d same, except ICR use symbols, but I always wonder, can the kids read as well without the symbols?

My girl now reading quite ok, but cannot be sure is it becos of ICR or KRT (at KRT about 1 yr, KRT charges based on count of classes, 1 class is $30 + GST)
Hi, I am not sure where he is at right now. He is after the program : Little Learner.

I don't mind letter my child do some drawings in his class but I do prefer he gained something from that lesson.
Just like your girls, he can't recalled what he had learned and as much as you know, their fees aren't cheap at all. Been considering that is this worth while to let him continue or not.
I been looking at this centre: Mind stretcher, their fess are much more affordable
and aleast I had look for more other programs for my son instead of just ICR.

I hope I do make the right choice though :001_302:

yvonnemommy

We didn't use ICR, but I heard ICR a lot. It seems great.
My daughter has been using the reading pro from beestar. It's cool, full of vivid pictures and interesting stories. She loves it.:wong19:
Lisa

iwan2noe

Hi Jadek

How much is their fees? I am interested in sending my gal, 3 YO to their class in chua chu kang...thanks!
hi, I sent both my girls to ICR. Never regret. My P1 girl finished the ICR2 program when she's in K2. Now she can read independently. It helps in her day-to-day work too as she can read and understand the instructions/questions. My K2 girl is now attending ICR1, will be finishing the whole course this year too.

Why I decided to send them was because I've heard many good things about it from my cousin. All her 3 kids attended ICR too. My eldest did not attend ICR (one of my regrets now). His results is not good as he does not have much interest in reading. Comparatively, the kind of books he read was simpler than what my P1 girl is reading now when he was her age then.

:Dancing_tongue:Stand a chance to WIN A FREE TRIAL to our Reading Eggs programme and POPULAR Bookstore vouchers!
:Dancing_wub:10 SLOTS ARE UP FOR GRABS!!!

1. All you need to do is LIKE US at our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/givingtre3.
2. We have posted our promo poster on our facebook page so SHARE that photo on your facebook page.
3. TAG yourself on the photo.
4. Leave a COMMENT and let us know how you teach reading to your child.

Simple as that! What are you waiting for?? Go to www.facebook.com/givingtre3 now!!!