I feel like giving up life...

I never imaging I will need to let off my stress or agony in this forum. My purpose of joining this forum before was to learn and get myself ready for my baby no 2. But it seems like it going to be more than just learning.
I married at very young age don’t have much friend and don’t dare to complain too much to my husband. And I don’t really talk to family or friend about my problem. I usually try to setter it myself or cry alone at night to get over it. But this time round, something happen to me again and again and I really cannot bear with it anymore. Readers please bear with me.
I married young and due to my naive, I thought staying with my in law will be fine. So i never intend to looking for a flat or a house to call my own. My marriage was also under court consent due to my family disagreement. Mean I’m married but only can get my marriage certificate only when I turn 21.Actually my in law families, (as well as my husband sibling) hate me a lot and believe it a not i never even know about it until i accidentally came across my sister in law blog.
I was totally heartbroken after reading her blog about how they talk behind my back. I tell u anybody who is in my position will have confronted them and pack their bag and go back home. But i still pretend nothing has happen and still put on smiling face whenever i see them. I never told my husband about it because i know my husband will quarreller with them. What if they chase me out where am i supposed to go? I cannot go back my parent house as my dad don’t let me go back anymore due to i goes against him.
Soon i give birth to my first girl and they hate me even more. I understand why they hate me so much because they actually have to give up one of their room for me and my husband. This is unfair for them. I try my best to keep my cool due to staying at their house and i told myself once i get my marriage certificated, i will try my best to move out and give them back their room.
Finally year’s passes, i finally get my marriage certificate release from court. By then my dad had already pass away due to cancer. I manager to apologize to him for going against him and before he pass away he finally agree to my marriage. Life move on, i become closer to my mum and sister again but no to my 2 elder brothers.
I try my very best to look for a house for my small family but nothing seem to work. I cannot buy resale as COV is too much for me to fork out and i cannot even think of BTO because it takes too long. My in laws can’t wait to see me move out. They have been bombing me with question like how is it. Have you try looking for a house? And a lot of other way they do to indirectly chasing me away.
I went to MP and social worker and they cannot even help. I write in to HDB hoping they will help but it always turns out to be sad result. After so many time of failing, i convert myself from a full timer to a part timer staff from my company so no CPF will be contributed and i can try to apply using my husband income for a one room flat from HDB to move out first. To make this choice mean i have to give up my 4 month maternity leaves. My company is more than happy to convert me to save the maternity leaves. And as day pass no reply from HDB until today i call them and they told me i cannot apply for a rental unit due to im one of the benefaction from my parent flat. Can you imagine how disappointed i was? i nearly give birth on the spot after hearing that. Now my selfish brother don’t allow me to sell away my share of that house which mean i cannot get a house of my own. Im tired of looking high and low for a house. Seriously, im giving up. I don’t know how to tell my in laws that i going to stay with them until my BTO ready. (4 Yrs down the road) i don know how much longer can i pretend nothing is happing around me. For this pass few yrs nothing seems good to be happen around me. I really cannot take the humanity from my in laws anymore. That is a lot of worst thing happen that i do not want to mention here. Can someone teach me how to survive?

AugBoyz

Have you talk this issue over with your husband? Coz from your post you did not mention his involvement in finding flats etc etc. Is renting a room an option for you?

I try to rent but nobody want to rent a single room to us. What I mean is they not will to stay with us because we have kids. To rent a whole whole it too expensive. Cannot afford. I feel like crying. I feel like running away.

apollo

i also feel that u shd tok to ur hub abt this. all these issues are no longer ur pro, but u and ur hub's pro. u really nd a good pair of listening ears. and unless u speak to ur hub, if not, u cant solve everything on ur own. i think there are ppl out there willing to rent out masterbedroom, but u gonna go ard hunting.

stonston

Keep searching for room cos I know of a neighbour who rented out her MBR to a family with 2 young kids who are also waiting for their BTO. It's not impossible, just slighter harder to find. At most get an agent to help you.

Also, since they don't like you, don't bother about them. Tell them that you've already gotten a house but need to wait for HDB to build. If they ask why so long, etc. Tell them to ask GOVERNMENT, not you.

And about selling off your share of the flat, YOUR BROTHER HAS NO RIGHT TO STOP YOU. You can give him 2 options: First is to sell the flat and money shared equally, or as him to buy over your share of the flat.
YOU MUST SETTLE THE FLAT ISSUE BEFORE YOUR BTO KEY COLLECTION ANYWAY. Else you will not be able to collect the keys.

Thank for all the reply but my unless bro is good for nothing. He just enjoy seeing me and others sibling suffer. my mother already want to sell the house so I can sell back my share to my mum. He agree to send at first but when he knows abt my plan he told my mum nt to sell. My mum ask me to go back to do my confinement but he told my mum if I dare to stay there he will chase both me and my mum out. He won't want to buy my share coz he wants to see me suffer. I don't noe wat have I done wrong towards him tat he hate me so much. For renting a mbr I haven't meet a kind hearted soul to rent me. All those owner either increase the price or don't allow me to cook but how? My kid still young and can't afford buying every meal outside. A mbr now at least 700 after paying we will left so little for meals and expense. I'm trying my best to ignore there door banging and talking behind my back but 1 thing I cannot tahan is they scold and beat my gal. It even more heart pain then they talk behind me. sometime when my gal slp I hug her and cry. Telling her I'm a useless mother cannot Even protect her when she kena bully sometime kena like clown I also cannot say anything.

apollo

i think the best way is to apply for BTO. and like what stonston said, sell ur current hse 1st. i dont know why your bro is so selfish, but try means and ways to persuade him.

And nowadays you dont have to wait for 4-5 yrs to get a BTO flat. I applied at nov 2007, paied downpayment at march 2008, and now I'm waiting for my keys, estimate next yr 1st quarter can get the keys alrdy though the letter we signed stated that it will only complete at 2013. =)

Thank apollo, I don't have a hs I only got a choice tat is to stay at my in law hs and tk every attitude they throw at me. Even bto also tk at least 3 yrs to build my in law wont let me stay for another 3 yrs. Anywhere my in law house also have problem with hdb. Anytime they might have to down grade to a smaller flat. By then confirm is a good time they chase us away. how?

apollo

chase u out, means also chase ur hub out. i'm sure ur hub will find a way to settle this. did u tok to him abt all these? like hw u feel and ur inlaws dont lik u etc??

I believe my husband noe the out come. It just that the things we can do is very limited. We try everyways to gt a house going MP and social worker all didn't help. I even go mcys and they reject me. The reason is I'm nt totally homeless yet. Which mean they only help ppl who is sleeping at void deck. He also say tat why we don't know how to do family planning. If I know property market will become like tat I won't have wait till now right? And so many years back as a teenager wat I know. At thay point I feel like reporting my case to a report so the whole singapore know my case . But I don't have the gust to do so. Now I don't even dare to enroll my gal to PAP as I'm not sure how long more we be staying here. Can someone just teach me wat to do? I'm tried la. I regret been pregnant at this time nt becoz I don't love the child but I don't think I'm good enough.

Ting

have u tried looking for your MP to help? as in to ask if they can help with the one room flat rental?

Last edited:

apollo

ehhh i think u didnt ans my qns. i was asking u, did u tok to ur hub anot? as in, both of u sit down to have a heart to heart tok. tell him tt u're v wry of the future ahead.. we can give u plenty of advices, but end of the day, u still have to sit down and tok to ur hub, discuss wat is the best way out for both of u and ur kids.

and since the situation is so bad nw, why he is not doing anything? like what stonston said, ur can find property agent to look for a MBR for ur. i know the price is steep, but tt might be the best way out, unless u still wanna continue staying with ur inlaws..

when is ur edd?? is it possible for u to find some PT or stay at hm job to earn some money?? as for ur girl, i think u can just place her at PAP 1st if she has reached the right age for preschool. Dont wry abt moving out later, cos u can always withdraw her out and send her to a new where is nearer to ur new hse. and now, there is no actual plan of where are ur going to head to. what if ur are going to stuck in ur inlaws' place for 1-2 more yrs?

think positively, everything can be solved only if u stay positive and think on the right track. and of cos, SPEAK and DISCUSS all these with ur hub. =)

Last edited:
To ting: I have go mp le. Some more I go until 3 Mp but they help me write letter to hdb then hdb will always reply me the same thing. Must follow the rules rules rules. . Every body is like tat... I even borrow my frenz ic to see thier mp at her area there. In the also cannot.

Gluttonish

I think you just have to sit down and sort out your thoughts firstm before you start running to MP etc. They have rules to follow too, so you need to have your plan A, B , C etc.

You can try applying for a BTO first, and while waiting for your flat to be ready, rent a room first.

I married at the age of 18, a young mum too. I applied for my BTO flat as soon as I spotted a suitable one, and it was ready much earlier than expected. My hubby was hesistant when I wanted to apply for BTO, but I insisted, and now we are happily staying in our own 4 room flat. If I had waited for him, I think we would still be staying with in-laws and looking out for the 'best located' BTO.

Just sort out your thoughts, and put it into action. You have to be strong for your children. Even if it takes a couple of years to get the BTO, just apply for it first. You can rent a room in the meanwhile. It may be hard to rent a room, but I'm sure its possible. Just start on something.

To apollo, sorry I keep missing on tat question. Ya we talk abt this several time b4 but it me tat don't want to talk anymore now. B4 we use to talk and it makes me felt better but when the results always turn out bad I become bored to talk abt it coz it always rise my blood pressure instead of making me feel better. And I started to see the side effect of talking about my husband family members bad things to him.. maybe he is also starting to felt frustrated very time come back so tired and I keep complain. how I want to ? I don't want the relationship between the two of us to turn sour becoz of this. So I choose to keep mute. Frankly another reason of nt renting a mbr is we cannot afford. Husband pay too little. Without ot maybe bring back near to a thousand.

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there :)

May I know are you working?

Which trade is your husband in? Bring home with OT only 1K SGD is rather too low. Perhaps could look for other jobs.

Are you able to write article or good with social networking?

Cheers,
Edy

apollo

i agree with Edy, ur hub's salary is abit too low for him to feed 2 children. i will not suggest u to put ur girl and coming #2 to childcare and infant care, unless u are able to bring hm 2k or more if u go out to wk, if not, still back to the square. maybe can speak o ur hub, ask him to find another job? if ur hub dont mind retail job, some retail job have high basic pay + commission.

xicloudix

as mentioned by others, u can't buy BTO also or any flat if u dun solve ur bro prob...

are u very gd with mum ? if yes explain to her, and maybe kick ur bro out, buy his share of flat, live with ur mum and ur mum can help u look after kid also...

ur hubby salary 1K , even if u wanna rent common bedroom also not emough for ur expenses.... u have to think of something also...

talk to ur hubby, he is suppose to solve this prob, he can't let his wife and kids suffer,, what if his family abuse ur kid? since u already say they will beat her... then what will happen to ur kid in future in this kind of family? he/ she may go crazy and become prob kid in future...

think for ur kids

this is juz my point of view... if for me, i would do so....

rainbow123

Hi , sorry to hear about your case .
For the house issue , can you get a court order to force your brother to sell it ? Maybe you can check with HDB on this .
If not , why you dun you buyout your brother share instead and ask him to move out ? That will definitely beat then waiting for new BTO or resale flat.

Be strong for your 2 kids . Also since you cannot get a rental flat , can you speak to your company to covert back to perm instead and tell them your problem why you have to convert to temp last time and it did not work out . At least you can build on your CPF portion .

If all failed above , get a housing agent to find a MBR for you first. Although you have to pay for this service but at least you are not so stressful because of the house-searching .

xicloudix

yes i agree too, but main thing, ur hubby muz agree... and understand what had happen and he is responsible for his kids well being too.. and solve the prob together with you.... couples muz solve all probs together.... dun stress all on urself...