i-Genius - right brain training

rainy5

Mummies and daddies with children attending their classes, would you share your views/comments? Did it benefit your child? Is it better to start as young as possible? Thanks.

babymoon

my gal is not attending this course but i got friends' kids attending and they comment that it's good. maybe you can try to send your children to the course. =)

shaynamommy

anyone know what's the diff between Shichida Method and I-genius? Heard that they got into a legal tussle recently and thus I suspect that they use almost the same method. I sent my 5 year old gal to SM when she was 1 year old and stayed with them for 1.5 yrs. It was very good for my gal as this really helps to set up a solid foundation for her in learning but I was told that the results vary for different kids.

I would be sending my newborn son too but wanted to know more about I-Genius as well.

MsKoh1973

Last week I went to the kidz academy at suntec, the igenius programmer shared some of the course materials with me, its kind of like memory game, training of your brain response thru games, like those mind mapping, speed reading, memory course that the adult take, looks quite interesting.

I think the war is between Shichida and little neuro tree, read somewhere from internet forum that is like LNT is last time fr Shichida, most staffs from there.

Think among all, Igenius quite frenly, but LNT cheapest, not sure whether the effect how. Any parents tried any of them? what the feedback? My girl is 4.5, thinking of signing her up for one of them.

For Shichida and LNT, the payment is per term (3m), for Igenius, by modules, think first module is 24 lessons, about $1900, quite X, that's why we still considering.........

sjc

hmm i like to knw what is the difference between the program offered by shichida & igenius

i read from website.. they seems similar in some ways...

any parents here.. tried both?

Yinnie

yeah i'm also keen to know if they're really helpful n actual examples of how yr kids may have improved after attending these courses. i keep hearing abt all these right brain classes n have read up a bit abt them, but i don't personally know anyone who sends their kids there, so i haven't heard any 'real' examples yet. Are they really worth the $?

i'm thinking of signing my boy up but my hubby thinks it's not necessary. so i'm trying to get more feedback first! thanks!! :)

DazzlingDaphne

Special Promotion for OCBC Baby Bonus & Platinum Mastercard Card Holders

Dear Parents,

iGenius is offering a special promotion for all OCBC Baby Bonus and Platinum Mastercard Card holders!

OCBC Baby Bonus Card Privileges Programme

Promotion Period: 1 September 2010 - 31 December 2010

Privileges:
- One free trial lesson (Baby Genius Programme) worth $65
- One free trial lesson (Right Brain IQ Programme) worth $80

Terms & Conditions:
- To be eligible for the privileges, customers need to present their OCBC Baby Bonus Card
- Offer is only valid for first time iGenius students only
- Offer is not valid with other promotions, discounts and privileges

OCBC CardMember Privileges Programme

Promotion Period: 1 September 2010 - 31 December 2010

Privileges:
- One free trial lesson (Baby Genius Programme) worth $65
- One free trial lesson (Right Brain IQ Programme) worth $80
- Enjoy 10% Off Course Fees

Terms & Conditions:
- To be eligible for the privileges, customers need to present their OCBC Platinum MasterCard
- Offer is only valid for new enrolments of iGenius
- Offer is not valid with other promotions, discounts and privileges
- Payment must be made with OCBC Platinum MasterCard

Any further enquiries, kindly call Daphne at 67373333 or email me at daphne@igenius.sg.

stonston

Re: Special Promotion for OCBC Baby Bonus & Platinum Mastercard Card Holders

Right brain training can be done at home. You should read up on right brain training activities & try them out at home. Materials can be easily made at home or bought. 15minutes a day is better than those classes (btw, for those classes, you still need to practise with your child daily!)

DazzlingDaphne

Classes are beneficial because students get to interact with other children. This will enhance their social skills. Also, parents might not be equipped with the right techniques to teach their child as trainers at iGenius go through weekly training. iGenius also has in-house designers so materials made at iGenius are exclusive.

With regards to doing home practice, it would definitely be beneficial to do it daily but parents might not have the time to do so. Thus, sending their children for classes will help.

stonston

DazzlingDaphne, seems like you are 'selling' iGenius?

I'm not saying it's not good but just sharing with other parents that it is possible to offer the same for their kids if they do not have the time or the financial means to send their kids to such an expensive course. Not every family earns alot.

That being said, there are many books in Popular and National Library on right brain training, available in both English and Mandarin. Parents spending time reading up and getting materials is priceless. The bonding with their child is something that money can't buy.

I do agree that right brain training is good, but for parents who can't afford the expensive classes, they can really do it at home on their own if they wish to.

If your point is to 'sell' your program at iGenius then they right way to do it would be to start a thread under 'Business' section of the forum and tell us about the programs you offer, why are you different from other centres and the prices. Interested parents will definitely contact you directly from there.

DazzlingDaphne

DazzlingDaphne, seems like you are 'selling' iGenius?

I'm not saying it's not good but just sharing with other parents that it is possible to offer the same for their kids if they do not have the time or the financial means to send their kids to such an expensive course. Not every family earns alot.

That being said, there are many books in Popular and National Library on right brain training, available in both English and Mandarin. Parents spending time reading up and getting materials is priceless. The bonding with their child is something that money can't buy.

I do agree that right brain training is good, but for parents who can't afford the expensive classes, they can really do it at home on their own if they wish to.

If your point is to 'sell' your program at iGenius then they right way to do it would be to start a thread under 'Business' section of the forum and tell us about the programs you offer, why are you different from other centres and the prices. Interested parents will definitely contact you directly from there.
Hi StonSton,

I am just helping out to post the relevant information in this forum as i happened to chance upon the title 'i-genius' created by others.

Thank you for enlightening me on how to go about posting the relevant information in the relevant section of this forum.

Have a good day! :)

huihui.quek

I had signed up Shichida for 5 terms, stopped cos change to Stamford education .
My child likes the Shichida class and can see that he learn things quite fast now. Thought of changing to Stamford reason is there
Got phonics class and maths class. Have to Giv up one cos can't afford to spent so much.

Celinejaw

I had signed up Shichida for 5 terms, stopped cos change to Stamford education .
My child likes the Shichida class and can see that he learn things quite fast now. Thought of changing to Stamford reason is there
Got phonics class and maths class. Have to give up one cos can't afford to spent so much.
Hi, can u share with me the review of Stamford

Super Cute

Why stop Shichida classes because these two schools are not the same. I believe in phonic and it will help them with their spelling test when the kids are in primary level. Where as in math the younger child will learn faster with Shichida Method. That is because the right brain is at the strongest when the child is young. Yes Shichida classes can be expensive, I know of some frens who join Shichida classes once a year for a term because of affordability and do themselves at home. There are some online materials that are affordable like the rightbraineducationlibrary.com, Shichida Tensai,or just google shichida flashcard. Try to join back Shichida classes when you can so you will get more updates or ideas from them. Talk to the teachers for method and tips on teaching your child. They are helpful.

Last edited:

Simplicity Life

Hi Celine, Stanford and Shichida are different. The decision is yours to make. There is no right or wrong. You can go to Stanford and ask for a trial class. Most important in my opinion is the teachers that are going to teach your child. Find out more.
For me, I send my child to Heguru Centre at Sengkang because of the teachers are very good. At the same time I took Super Cute's advise and joined rightbraineducationlibrary.com to get my Heguru flash card materials to teach my child. So far so good. Materials are very nice.

shiyi8033

Hi everyone, you can try this new enrichment program that I came across its called The Umonics Method they do mind training.
Hope this helps. :)

xiehui1128

Nice! Can you tell me more about it? I searched it on IG and can see that the students are really amazing!! Plus the teachers are Memory Record Holders too.

joysparker

Looking for new topics and interest not being met in school for your kids? Try Allschool this Christmas!

We're offering a special 12.12 promotion for all classes on Allschool.

bit.ly/allschool-1212-mummysg

Feel free to share with your family and friends.