I genius / Shichida / Little Neuro Tree

Oppsgal

I did Glenn Domain Flashcards when my elder son was about 1.5yo, felt that it really helps him to read and recognised words at an early age, but I only did limited times of flashes and only in Eng as I was a full time working mum then.

My 5yo dear daughter started shichida from 12months old, her peak of absorption was around 18months when she wanted more n more n i flashed 700+ pic cards to her on daily basis (of course many are repeated cards). Though she is still not so good at instant memory, she can recite 200 pics in 2.5min. She loves the classes and I think it helps her in terms of memory.

Yes, i do very much agreed that it depends on a lot of factors. My dear daughter is lucky enough to have very good teachers at Shichida, and home practice is very important too.

I have also trialed my 9months old dear daughter at LNT, to me, it is just a shichida replica in 3languages. I think that linguo concept attracts me, not the teachers there though..., as I am triligual too.

I am a true Shichida method believer. in fact, the shichida method in jpn is a holistic approach, and in my opinion, the one in singapore only has its shape but definitely not the full spirit of it...

However, I still think any of these can be beneficial to kids as long as they truely enjoy and follow up with it.

In fact, there are many interesting materials to teach kids in Jpn nowadays, i have just brought a book that teaches maths to preschooler and lower primary using origami, very interesting indeed.

I have ordered some more teaching materials from Jpn and now planning to teach my kids at home instead. Looking forward to that:001_302:
How to order from Jpn?

faith

I did Glenn Domain Flashcards when my elder son was about 1.5yo, felt that it really helps him to read and recognised words at an early age, but I only did limited times of flashes and only in Eng as I was a full time working mum then.

My 5yo dear daughter started shichida from 12months old, her peak of absorption was around 18months when she wanted more n more n i flashed 700+ pic cards to her on daily basis (of course many are repeated cards). Though she is still not so good at instant memory, she can recite 200 pics in 2.5min. She loves the classes and I think it helps her in terms of memory.

Yes, i do very much agreed that it depends on a lot of factors. My dear daughter is lucky enough to have very good teachers at Shichida, and home practice is very important too.

I have also trialed my 9months old dear daughter at LNT, to me, it is just a shichida replica in 3languages. I think that linguo concept attracts me, not the teachers there though..., as I am triligual too.

I am a true Shichida method believer. in fact, the shichida method in jpn is a holistic approach, and in my opinion, the one in singapore only has its shape but definitely not the full spirit of it...

However, I still think any of these can be beneficial to kids as long as they truely enjoy and follow up with it.

In fact, there are many interesting materials to teach kids in Jpn nowadays, i have just brought a book that teaches maths to preschooler and lower primary using origami, very interesting indeed.

I have ordered some more teaching materials from Jpn and now planning to teach my kids at home instead. Looking forward to that:001_302:
Hi,

Saw that u bought some teaching materials from Jpn. Care to share what is it & how to go about buying it? Can it be bought in S'pore?

faith

Anybody else has any updates on the Shichida Method? What are the materials they use for teaching? Understand that parents have to do their part at home in teaching their kids. Anybody can share where to get the materials for teaching? Kindly advise. Thks!

somenifty

hi MsKoh1973,

Are you interested in right brain training for your baby? if you are interested in right brain development then I suggest that you can reference teachings from makoto shichida. All of the above schools mentioned actually mix right brain and left brain development together.

If you read on some right brain development methods from makoto shichida's teaching, you will realize that the way to teach your baby to purely only uses right brain is very hard. Thus sometimes schools try to train right brain with some left brain lessons.

If you are really in to right brain development for your baby, you can try shichida but do just take their lessons as guideline for your baby's daily training. Or you can try right brain networks.
Actually, current neuroscience is moving towards the idea that, there is not much distinction between the left brain and the right brain. The interesting thing that doctors are discovering now is that BOTH sides of the brain can do left/right brain functions equally well. Try reading this book to get a better idea: "The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science" by Norman Doidge, M.D.