If I choose to have C-Sec delivery what are the procedure?

Hi Mummie's
i am at 30 weeks now. I was wondering what are the procedures like if i want to go for CSec delivery. Currently consulting doctor at NUH under government sub.

Thanks for ur reply in advance:)

dianay

For me, my gynae will tell me when baby full term and will ask you to choose a date. He will ask if you want full body or partial anasthesia. He recommend partial.
On the day of C-sec, will change to Operation gown and you will be pushed to the operating theather. The anasthesis will inject the anasthesia and within few mins, she will test and ask if u feel pain. Then gynae will come in and then he ask nurse to call husband in, husband will sit beside me.....gynae will tell me he will start....the whole procedure for me took 20 mins...5 mins before the baby is out, the anasthesis will keep pressing and pushing my upper abdomen, this is the only part where you will feel the pressure and a little aching pain and then the baby is out!
Dun worry, you will be alright:)

Hi ,
thanks for sharing. Which hospital u went to? Bcoz u were lucky tht they allow ur hubby to go in... My 1st baby at kkh dint allow. Bt this time at NUH... Not sure whether they will allow him in OT or nt... And instead of choosing date, what if i want the baby to give a natural call than i go to the hospital? Still possible? And will they operate me immediately?