if not married, can the father of my child be in labour/delivery ward?

flowerii

if im not married to my child's father, can the father of my child be in labour/delivery ward w me when i am delivering?

tiny rabbit

I am not sure whether is it depends to hospitals and doctors. Anyway, we didn't married and the father was in the ward with me when my son born. ^.^

flowerii

I am not sure whether is it depends to hospitals and doctors. Anyway, we didn't married and the father was in the ward with me when my son born. ^.^
As in, he's there giving you support at that moment and witness the birth of your son? May i know which hosp you gave birth in? Me and my bf are not married, but I would like him to be there. Am afraid that the hospital will not allow cuz in the eye of law, we're not related.. +.+

tiny rabbit

I gave birth at Thomson Medical Centre. Yes, my bf is in the ward with me. He is the 1st to see and touch the baby than me... ^.^
I think hospital doesnt care whether is married or not, but maybe when we register admitted to hospital that time, the paper must fill in the father's particular such as name and ic. If not maybe treat as single parent and the father cannot enter (just maybe only).... You may pm me for more details you want to know. ^.^

flowerii

I gave birth at Thomson Medical Centre. Yes, my bf is in the ward with me. He is the 1st to see and touch the baby than me... ^.^
I think hospital doesnt care whether is married or not, but maybe when we register admitted to hospital that time, the paper must fill in the father's particular such as name and ic. If not maybe treat as single parent and the father cannot enter (just maybe only).... You may pm me for more details you want to know. ^.^
yes, not married but the father is allowed. =) Mine was at KKH.
I see. Thanks tiny rabbit and Ting. One more thing off my mind now. Can't wait for my little one to come out. hehe. ^.^

flowerii

Welcome. dont't worry and be relax to await for your lovely baby to meet you and daddy.... When is your EDD?
My Edd is 30th May, but heard that it may be early as many first time mum had theirs at wk 37/38. So im feeling jittery every single day now. haha.