IMPT: MCYS widens Preschool subsidies

Dear fellow single mums/dads

fyi, with effect from 1 April 11, the amount of CFAC subsidies have increased. In addition, MCYS will revise the eligible income criteria upwards from $1,800 to $3500.

This is good news as single parents can apply for this!

Breakdown of the CFAC subsidy for full-day care for each child:
salary <$1,500: $340
$1,501- $2,000: $300
$2,001-$2,200: $270
$2,201-$2,400: $240
$2,401-$2,600: $210
$2,601-$2,800: $180
$2,801-$3,000: $150
$3,001-$3,200: $120
$3,201-$3,400: $90
$3,401-$3,500: $60

To apply for this, pls appoach your centre for the form or email to
MCYS_CFAC@mcys.gov.sg

Hope this is helpful :)

mag_huiling

They also have Start Up Grant of up to $1k to help parents cope with the initial payment.

Their income is HOUSEHOLD INCOME. Household = those who are staying in the same address. Meaning, if there is 3 persons in the household are working, earning gross salary of $1k each, still eligible, but subsidy amount is only $120. And if there is 4 person in the household are working, earning $1k each, NOT ELIGIBLE!

Ting

They also have Start Up Grant of up to $1k to help parents cope with the initial payment.

Their income is HOUSEHOLD INCOME. Household = those who are staying in the same address. Meaning, if there is 3 persons in the household are working, earning gross salary of $1k each, still eligible, but subsidy amount is only $120. And if there is 4 person in the household are working, earning $1k each, NOT ELIGIBLE!
i live with my parents. my sis and both parents working, each taking home more than 1K per mth, i still get the grant cos they base on MY salary only.

kexin8784

i live with my parents. my sis and both parents working, each taking home more than 1K per month, i still get the grant cos they base on MY salary only.

I living in private housing. There is a total of 9 ppl staying together. Will i be able to get the subsidy based on my salary only? I am a single mum-to-be. I am afraid my family will not support me and i really need the subsidy.

Ting

I living in private housing. There is a total of 9 ppl staying together. Will i be able to get the subsidy based on my salary only? I am a single mum-to-be. I am afraid my family will not support me and i really need the subsidy.
i think u shld be able to get, just get the form from your CC and submit your documents. :)

Did you check with the school?? cos i applied in May and got the letter in June. my subsidy starts in April11 to March12. Have to reapply next year. But i do think my son's sch quite good cos i told them that i am a single mum and I think they help me process it real quick :)

BTW, did you gals receive a letter from mcys on Child Development Credit? They gave my child $300 and have to open a bank acount with CDA...

I also open a cda account for my son in order for gov to deposit the money in..

For the financial assistance, I dare not ask school as I already submit the form to the supervisor.. Is it that this yr is ending so wait til next yr

its not so much like a financial assistance, it is school fees subsidy, no harm asking :)
How old is your boy? mine is 4, turning 5 next year... it is amazing how time flies... been a single mum for 2 years already...

Jenni

Don think is $1k for start up grant, they use to have include 1 Mth deposit, 1 Mth sch fee and the sch uniform and others which we need to pay once we enroll our child in, my elder ger did have this start up grant but for now no more, my younger ger, the childcare in charge told me no more 1 Mth sch fee, the rest still have...