in laws jealous of the closeness btw you and bb?

uddermummy

my in laws are so weird.

i get the impression that they are jealous of the close relationship btw dear daughter and me, and are very worried that dear daughter not close to her daddy.

i think that's why they don't really like me to breastfeed.

hello! my dear daughter drinks my milk, sleeps with me, i take care of her 24/7, entertain her, carry her, clean her shit, dig out her pi sai, bath her etc. How can dear daughter not be close to me?

they once in a while play with her and they expect her to be close to them???

lis

i got onie one word to describe ur in laws.. they r 'FREAK'..!! it's onie natural tat the child is close to the mom wen they r the one taking care of the child 24/7.. wot do they expect..?? if they wan the dad to b as close.. den make sure the dad put in efforts too.. den it's balance.. *sigh*..

CanCanMum

my in laws are so weird.

i get the impression that they are jealous of the close relationship btw dear daughter and me, and are very worried that dear daughter not close to her daddy.

i think that's why they dont't really like me to breastfeed.

hello! my dear daughter drinks my milk, sleeps with me, i take care of her 24/7, entertain her, carry her, clean her shit, dig out her pi sai, bath her etc. How can dear daughter not be close to me?

they once in a while play with her and they expect her to be close to them???
uh-humph~~~pisai againz???????? :p

ya its inlaws rivary symptoms~~~ :p

apollo

agree with lis! which child not close to mother?? even if one's mother is wking and can't take care of the baby full time, the baby will also know who's his mother and close to her.. let alone u're taking care of ur dd 24/7 + bf-ing!!

since u think they're jealous, then SHOW them how CLOSE u and ur dd are!! just them jealous until go bang wall!! :Dancing_tongue:

nsync_su

Huh!?!?! Whats wrong with your In-Laws?? Mothers are always close with their babies due to the 24/4hrs care whattt!!! If they want the child to be soooo close with their son, ask him to grow breasts lah!! Siow lah.. like that oso wanna be jealous.

uddermummy

Huh!?!?! Whats wrong with your In-Laws?? Mothers are always close with their babies due to the 24/4hrs care whattt!!! If they want the child to be soooo close with their son, ask him to grow breasts !! Siow .. like that also wanna be jealous.
hahaha... my husband got man boobs, he just doesn't have the milk!!!:tlaugh:

uddermummy

uh-humph~~~pisai againz???????? :p

ya its inlaws rivary symptoms~~~ :p
yeah man, they are also v worried that dd is closer to my mum...

every time will ask my bb, 'you don't recognise me ah? ai yoh, no wonder lah cos you only see me once a week"

eveyr time they want to ask me something, they will pretend to ask bb. they pretend, i also pretend not to hear loh. they ask bb what, bb cannot answer then too bad loh. :001_302:

uddermummy

agree with lis! which child not close to mother?? even if one's mother is wking and can't take care of the baby full time, the baby will also know who's his mother and close to her.. let alone you're taking care of your dear daughter 24/7 + bf-ing!!

since you think they're jealous, then SHOW them how CLOSE you and your dear daughter are!! just them jealous until go bang wall!! :Dancing_tongue:
:tlaugh:i think they already want to bang wall liao

meiteoh

One of my friends is experiencing just that with her mother in law - she's staying with them and her mother in law will go all out to diss my friend. She will tell my friend's daugther things like how the food my friend cook is not nice, ask her not to eat and then she'll spoil my friend's daughter by giving her things like juice, and what-not before her feeding time so when it's time to eat, the small girl will puke out all her milk and etc - making my friend look like the useless mother. The mother in law will also complain that the daughter spent too much time with my friend and show sour face and everything.

My friend initially found it very difficult to tahan her and her hubby always thought that she was exagerrating until he heard it himself. After that, he spoke to the parents about it. They stopped but of course, with black and sour face plus sometimes they'll give my friend the evil eye and drop hints about how close she is to her daugther. =.=

She's quite tired of it (because to complain is one thing but her in-laws will spoil her daugther and allow her daugther to throw tantrums, eat junk and etc) and so they are planning to move out next year. Am looking for a place now and all.

Sometimes I think old people don't understand that being a grandparent is not the same as being a parent. No matter how often you visit, how often you play with a child, you are NOT the parent and thus will never ever have the same bond as a child has with his/her parent. (That whole "not close to Daddy" is just an excuse lor, the way I see it.)

Last edited:

uddermummy

One of my friends is experiencing just that with her mother in law - she's staying with them and her mother in law will go all out to diss my friend. She will tell my friend's daugther things like how the food my friend cook is not nice, ask her not to eat and then she'll spoil my friend's daughter by giving her things like juice, and what-not before her feeding time so when it's time to eat, the small girl will puke out all her milk and etc - making my friend look like the useless mother. The mother in law will also complain that the daughter spent too much time with my friend and show sour face and everything.

My friend initially found it very difficult to tahan her and her hubby always thought that she was exagerrating until he heard it himself. After that, he spoke to the parents about it. They stopped but of course, with black and sour face plus sometimes they'll give my friend the evil eye and drop hints about how close she is to her daugther. =.=

She's quite tired of it (because to complain is one thing but her in-laws will spoil her daugther and allow her daugther to throw tantrums, eat junk and etc) and so they are planning to move out next year. Am looking for a place now and all.
wow, that's really bad. thank god i'm not living with in laws. v hard to live with older folks cos they just have diff ways of doing things.

lis

the older folks nowadays r not the same as our grandmother generations... they r harder to please.. coz everiting is so advanced now.. so they tend to take tings for granted.. don't u guys tink so..??

stonston

My own mother sometimes will jealous when my boy runs to me for help instead of run to her. But she understands tt i'm the mummy afterall.

there's bound to be jealousy, but they gotta remember who was the one who carried the baby for 9mths and gave birth to the baby!!

mag_huiling

My own mother sometimes will jealous when my boy runs to me for help instead of run to her. But she understands that i'm the mummy afterall.

there's bound to be jealousy, but they gotta remember who was the one who carried the baby for 9mths and gave birth to the baby!!
Agree! 9 mths in our tummy. we're the one sacrificing our look and figure, yet they dont want bb to get close to us.. WTH!

Sometimes feel like slapping my MIL man! my girl somehow will recognise my smell n doesnt want anyone else to carry her.. when my MIL carry her, she'll cry so loud as if my MIL bullied her.. so the unhappy MIL will say things like "why u want your mummy dont want me?"

And when bb is lying down on her side facing me, MIL will turn bb to another side to face her and say "come, face here, dont see your mummy!" *ARGHH...* (why would anyone wanna face a bi-sexual?!!)

stonston

Actually I do teach my boy to do things to make my mum happy. Sometimes give in a little make the old folks happy will keep them off your back.

If your MIL as why you want mummy dun want me, just tell ur MIL, cos he/she is MY BABY, of cos he/she wants ME.

Lin-12

Ya its always like tat. My mil oso will always say to my DD something like hw cum last time u used to let me carry but now u forget abt me? Come on she onli visited her nt mre than 8 times since my DD came to tis world. And DD is 1 yr old nw. Den she will always comment things like DD look like my DH and nth like me. And DD will definitely call Daddy first instead of Mummy. WTH. She's rly impossible. Recently, i jus celebrated my DD's 1st bday party and everything frm buffet to cake was paid by me. Can u imagine wen my frens and relatives were finding me in order for em to pass me red packet, she can signal to em asking em to pass to my hubby scare i'll kip e red packets in my own pocket. And on top of tat, wen she rch my place (currently staying wif my mother) she jus lie down on my bed legs wide...machiam her own bed...and can even lie on my mother's bed after tat wif the door closed..So pissed off with tis party. Luckily i dun live w her or else i think i will go bonkers already. She has nv ever buy anything for me since i got married wif my DH and nt even a bottle of chicken essence wen i was in e hosp. She doesnt even haf e slightest respect for me.

Domique

Yup my own mum too.
Always wanna carry and dun let me carry even when bb cry and needed me to comfort.
Sigh...

Grandparents symptoms.

My own mother sometimes will jealous when my boy runs to me for help instead of run to her. But she understands that i'm the mummy afterall.

uddermummy

Agree! 9 mths in our tummy. we're the one sacrificing our look and figure, yet they dont want baby to get close to us.. WTH!

Sometimes feel like slapping my mother in law man! my girl somehow will recognise my smell and doesnt want anyone else to carry her.. when my mother in law carry her, she'll cry so loud as if my mother in law bullied her.. so the unhappy mother in law will say things like "why you want your mummy dont want me?"

And when baby is lying down on her side facing me, mother in law will turn baby to another side to face her and say "come, face here, dont see your mummy!" *ARGHH...* (why would anyone wanna face a bi-sexual?!!)
wah, your mil is a bi??? so happening ah.

yeah, quite irritating hor? they've had their chance to have their own kids, when can't they just give us space to love our own bbs???