Induction or c-sect

hapimint

Hi ladies, I am also due on 29th June.... As time draws near, getting really excited.....

Btw, I hope to get some advice.... I visited my gynae yesterday and was told that though my baby is low, it is not low enough for birthing yet... Meaning not engaged..... And he is facing up instead of towards my back, which means it's not totally ideal to give birth yet....

However, I have been suffering from mild preeclampsia so my gynae is suggesting that there might be a need to induce the baby this weekend....

I been thinking and wonder if I should go for induction or just c-sect..... My gynae has been very supportive for me to try natural and even did not suggest induction until yesterday as he says the high blood pressure did not seem to improve....he has always been the one to say, let the baby come when he is ready.....

But since he suggested induction yesterday, I know he thinks it's best for us..... But I am thinking, judging from the fact that the baby is not engaged and the position is not totally ideal, will induction work? Or will it end up in emergency c-sect? Has induction worked for any of you ladies when baby is not engaged?

My own sister went for induction cos baby was too big but it was engaged and ready... However, had to go for emergency c-sect coz not dilated after a day in the hospital.....

I am thinking if I end up going for emergency c-sect , I rather not go for induction to spare myself of the time, effort and cost....

Feeling the dilemma.... Any ladies can share their experiences? Preferably similar ? Any positive induction even though baby not engaged?

Carisella

Hi ladies, I am also due on 29th June.... As time draws near, getting really excited.....

Btw, I hope to get some advice.... I visited my gynae yesterday and was told that though my baby is low, it is not low enough for birthing yet... Meaning not engaged..... And he is facing up instead of towards my back, which means it's not totally ideal to give birth yet....

However, I have been suffering from mild preeclampsia so my gynae is suggesting that there might be a need to induce the baby this weekend....

I been thinking and wonder if I should go for induction or just c-sect..... My gynae has been very supportive for me to try natural and even did not suggest induction until yesterday as he says the high blood pressure did not seem to improve....he has always been the one to say, let the baby come when he is ready.....

But since he suggested induction yesterday, I know he thinks it's best for us..... But I am thinking, judging from the fact that the baby is not engaged and the position is not totally ideal, will induction work? Or will it end up in emergency c-sect? Has induction worked for any of you ladies when baby is not engaged?

My own sister went for induction cos baby was too big but it was engaged and ready... However, had to go for emergency c-sect coz not dilated after a day in the hospital.....

I am thinking if I end up going for emergency c-sect , I rather not go for induction to spare myself of the time, effort and cost....

Feeling the dilemma.... Any ladies can share their experiences? Preferably similar ? Any positive induction even though baby not engaged?
My fren's wife same condition as u.. went for induction.. waited more than 24 hours.. ended up emergency c-sect.. but this does not apply to everyone also.. each birth is different :)

hapimint

So far, stories of induction with success doesn't seem a lot..... Furthermore with cases like mine, I feel it's like going to be a sure emergency c-sect case if I go for it.....

Hope to have whatever inputs possible?

adaddy

So far, stories of induction with success doesn't seem a lot..... Furthermore with cases like mine, I feel it's like going to be a sure emergency c-sect case if I go for it.....

Hope to have whatever inputs possible?
if it is possible to use induction, then just go with it.
for the 2nd one my wife went through the induction coz it's been the 40th week and no sign of labour thus the baby is quite big (according to gynae),
as my wife prefer to deliver naturally.
waited around 5-6 hours before the baby finally come :)

Hi, like to share my experience.

I had to be induced because my placenta was calcified and baby not getting enough nutrients, her weight reduced in fact. However, after I was induced say a few hours, her heartbeat went down, gynae suspected umbilical cord around her neck so in the end i had to go for emergency c-sect. True enough the umbilical cord was around her neck when the gynae took her out of my womb.

It was very painful during the induction process. If i had known earlier, I would have gone straight to c-sect.

hapimint

if it is possible to use induction, then just go with it.
for the 2nd one my wife went through the induction coz it's been the 40th week and no sign of labour thus the baby is quite big (according to gynae),
as my wife prefer to deliver naturally.
waited around 5-6 hours before the baby finally come :)
Hi, for your wife, was the placenta low enough? Bb engaged? Mine is still not low enough for birth and bb head not engaged ..... So hope to see if got success if it was like my case .....

hapimint

Hi, like to share my experience.

I had to be induced because my placenta was calcified and baby not getting enough nutrients, her weight reduced in fact. However, after I was induced say a few hours, her heartbeat went down, gynae suspected umbilical cord around her neck so in the end i had to go for emergency c-sect. True enough the umbilical cord was around her neck when the gynae took her out of my womb.

It was very painful during the induction process. If i had known earlier, I would have gone straight to c-sect.
Thanks for sharing your experience.... When was your induction? At 40 weeks or earlier? If it is earlier, maybe your body wasn't ready to give birth yet? Just thinking of all possibilities..... Haiz.... Hopefully tml when I see the gynae, he would say I am safe to wait till bb wants to come.....

sufeit0115

Hi my experiences was low amniotic fluid at week 37, so gynae suggested to induce, but cervix not dilated after 2 tries of pills insertion of 36 hours, ended up emergency c-sect.

adaddy

Hi, for your wife, was the placenta low enough? Bb engaged? Mine is still not low enough for birth and bb head not engaged ..... So hope to see if got success if it was like my case .....

gynae not saying anything that seems worried us :) supposed BB already engage, even he said could be earlier.

hapimint

Sufeit, my case is a lot of fluid now lei.... During the last check on tues..... My gynae says bb is quite comfortable so dun foresee him engaging himself....zzzzz... If not for the preeclampsia issue, I think I would let him take his own sweet time.....

Adaddy, I think ur bb should be engaged already? Since gynae commented could be earlier??? Haha just assuming....

adaddy

Sufeit, my case is a lot of fluid now lei.... During the last check on tues..... My gynae says bb is quite comfortable so dun foresee him engaging himself....zzzzz... If not for the preeclampsia issue, I think I would let him take his own sweet time.....

Adaddy, I think ur bb should be engaged already? Since gynae commented could be earlier??? Haha just assuming....
then try to do some little exercises, like walking around hdb complex :)
and also play the music for the baby & put the earpiece at lower part of the tummy :)

yeah.. it could be, coz last time he was quite surprised...
he said (on/around 37 wk).. "ok, prob the next satuday is the labour...", but end we always came to his clinic :)) (until the 40th wk)
until the 3rd time (40 wk) he gave up... and said "ok.. tmr go to hospital for induction :)"

and when the baby was delivered safely, i think the fluids is still a lot also, coz the plate (i dunno what its name), to put the placenta after the baby, it can't hold the fluids.. some overflown to the floor :)

Just to share my experience.. My son was induced at 37weeks cos he was weighing 3.4kg and I was 2cm dilated. It took 17hours for me to fully dilate and delivered my son naturally.

As for my current pregnancy, doctor said my girl average size so far though I have gestational diabetes this time. But he warned me that its possible my girl grows rapidly, so I asked if I'm gonna be induced again and doctor said depends on her weight. So I go for 2 weeks visit from now. He still explain that 1st time induced succesfully doesn't guarantee sucess for 2nd.. This worries me too..

So it all depends on luck I guess..

Tiggee

Just to share my experience.. My son was induced at 37weeks cos he was weighing 3.4kg and I was 2cm dilated. It took 17hours for me to fully dilate and delivered my son naturally.

As for my current pregnancy, doctor said my girl average size so far though I have gestational diabetes this time. But he warned me that its possible my girl grows rapidly, so I asked if I'm gonna be induced again and doctor said depends on her weight. So I go for 2 weeks visit from now. He still explain that 1st time induced succesfully doesn't guarantee sucess for 2nd.. This worries me too..

So it all depends on luck I guess..
Think I may have to be induced at week 38 if my baby keeps growing at this rate. At week 35 baby is 2.7 to 3kg already. Hopefully my baby decides to come out on it's own soon!

sufeit0115

Hi my baby was engaged that's why we went ahead with induction, but didn't expect my stubborn cervix not dilated at all (gynae said not even 0.5cm). I suppose your gynae would be in a better position to advise you whether to try induce or go with c-sect. Good luck and have a smooth delivery! :)

Karyn Mok

Hi mummy, bearing your conditions that bb is not in the best position to be delivered , I would choose to go for c sec n not suffered the uncertainty of induction.. Mummy n bb will be stressed n complications may arise. I'm sharing this based on feedback so far from friends with similar conditions. C sec is faster n less stressful for baby ( I did a c sec ) .. Daddy can join in if you r not doing a full GA. The share n experience of going through this miracle moment shouldnt be anything less.. These r my personal tots.. All the best still n enjoy the 1st few moments:)

oh crap....my placenta got holes already...meaning calcified?? baby is underweight..like 45cm but 1.8kg at 33weeks...if lidat have to be induced??

Gem2505

oh crap....my placenta got holes already...meaning calcified?? baby is underweight..like 45cm but 1.8kg at 33weeks...if lidat have to be induced??
hmm. did dr say u need to deliver asap or can drag still?
i delivered my girl at 36wks. she was 2kg at birth,44cm and upon discharge, she was 1.9kg. she's alright to go home with me. so i think urs will have no prob on this.
i had to induce due to low waterbag level. i induced twice over 33hours and the dr wanted to induce the 3rd time but i didnt want it coz its quite painful and i felt its taking toooo long and i dont want to wait n wait n wait....
after my 2 times inducing, im only 1cm dilated. really, total waste of time n effort n i had to bear the pain for 33hours.
reached my max tolerence, i asked for C-sect, half body awake. within 10mins its done! phew!
C sect is so much easier n fast. i started walking the next day and 3rd day i go downstairs shopping already.
althou my girl is underweight comparing to normal bb of the same age, its really ok. as long as they gain weight n grow. my girl started flipping 2 days back, given she's alil premature, she's at the same speed of learning as the avg or even faster than some. =)

good luck.