Infant Care VS Babysitter which one is better?

~m3m~

we are also in the mid of such headache as now I am VS against my hubby as after much consideration I would still prefer a babysitter who is able to pay more attention to my baby's needs and less prone to contracting any diseases or germs from other kids at the center while my hubby prefers the center as they are more 'professional' plus longer hours and extra day and it's cheaper after the subsidy :001_07:

badtzzz

i felt that some infant care cost is more or less the same as a babysitter. Probably about 50-100 difference. My main concern would be the health, and the worried part is whether the babysitter or the care center is good enough to shower care n concern for babies...Nevertheless is a period of about 14 mths...as i will be taking 4 mths ML after giving birth...

briskcross

My personal view, based on my limited experience, is that in a good infant care centre (tends to be more expensive), the infant not only gets cared for but also can pick up skills like self feeding, enjoy music, etc (program varies from centre to centre). Of course the major con is exposure to viruses from so many other kids.

For nanny, only good if you've got a reliable recommendation, because it's very hard to assess how well your kid is being taken care of. A good one can set your mind at ease, and may make a young infant feel more secure because it's one to one.

I had a very good nanny for my younger son, who spoke English and even taught him things, but she decided to follow her daughter overseas. Then I sent him to an infant care centre, which was very good too, ratio of 2 kids to a caregiver, and they had Kindermusik, flash cards, and taught him to feed himself very well. But he caught HFMD there.........

Pros and cons...............

briskcross

It was Rosy Hearts, near Toh Yi, or Beauty World. You can do a search on google and check out the website.

I've transferred my younger son to the same child care centre as my elder son because that is much nearer to home and more convenient for me to drop off both kids at one place. But I still think Rosy Hearts is very good.

badtzzz

how much are u paying for infant care or toddler care before government sub? it's not near to my hm, but my hubby will usually passby there while on his way to work...

briskcross

I did the 2 day flexi program. Can't remember the rates for full 5 day program, but definitely more than $1k. Probably best to call them directly to check.

If you do visit, tell them Yew Chin's mom recommended. They'll probably remember my son's name better.