Infant milk formula

yulee

hi mummies,

any views or comments on the following infant milk formulas for under 6 mths? wld like to experiment and try out different infant milk formulas for my dd but like to hear some views first...

Friso Gold 1
Mamil Gold 1
Nan1
Similac
Enfalac +1

thanks!
:wong19:

MummyGrace

My son is drinking similac. The gd thing is baby will not hav hard time pooing. Stool more similar to breastfeeding. Some of the formula milk will coz the stool to be abit hard. :red:My son nw poo everyday, sometime twice, til nw, his stool still abit watery.

yulee

My son is drinking similac. The gd thing is baby will not hav hard time pooing. Stool more similar to breastfeeding. Some of the formula milk will coz the stool to be abit hard. :red:My son nw poo everyday, sometime twice, til nw, his stool still abit watery.
hi mummygrace, many thks for the comments. i tot similac was tough for stools. mine's on friso at the moment n he seems fine xcept stools abit hard even if feed water every now and then. shall try similac out... many thanks!:Dancing_tongue:

LoVeS

Initially ds drink similac but cause constipation for him so change to friso liao.

MummyGrace

hi mummygrace, many thks for the comments. i tot similac was tough for stools. mine's on friso at the moment n he seems fine xcept stools abit hard even if feed water every now and then. shall try similac out... many thanks!:Dancing_tongue:
Ard 2nd mth, he is fully on formula, he constipated for a few days, i brought him to the doc, he said tat maybe initially he was breastfed so need adjust back. After a few days, he start to poo everyday and is watery not hard. And similac does not contain palm oil so it wont cause constipation(frm the similac info).:001_302:

celine

dd initially oso drink friso bt constipate...
then pd advise to change to similac coz no palm oil... so far so gd... :tlaugh:

LoVeS

Ard 2nd mth, he is fully on formula, he constipated for a few days, i brought him to the doc, he said tat maybe initially he was breastfed so need adjust back. After a few days, he start to poo everyday and is watery not hard. And similac does not contain palm oil so it wont cause constipation(frm the similac info).:001_302:
I dun agree wif similac info...of coz everyone will say their own brand is gd but i believe there r quite a number of bb having constipation frm similac which my ds is one of them.:tlaugh: Initially i aso tot similac very gd like wat u mention abt the similac info:tlaugh:

MummyGrace

I dun agree wif similac info...of coz everyone will say their own brand is gd but i believe there r quite a number of bb having constipation frm similac which my ds is one of them.:tlaugh: Initially i aso tot similac very gd like wat u mention abt the similac info:tlaugh:
Maybe u r right, for my son is okay. He poo everyday, even now on similac follow-on, still the same. Tink tis will depend on individual. :001_302:

yulee

ya i also heard alot abt constipation frm similac & only a few r ok wz it. think it really depends on individual bb.

fyi, i tried mamil gold earlier tis week n bb was consitpated. so now bobian switch back to friso again.... :001_302:

LoVeS

Maybe u r right, for my son is okay. He poo everyday, even now on similac follow-on, still the same. Tink tis will depend on individual. :001_302:
ya, cfm similac company will say their products r gd while other brands r the same aso. It up to individual bb:tlaugh:

Mrs Xie

dd is back to Similac Follow-on again... so far ok bah... if there's any probs I would call up the Similac nutritionist and "disturb" her, asking her questions to clear my doubts... LOL... influenced by one of the mommies here... u know who u are... keke... :001_302:

matthewinter

hi hi,
m a new member, just read about u asking about views and comment on the infant formula, was wondering why u dnt mention S26 Gold Alpha Pro???? My bb is actually on S26, the reason I hv chosen S26 is bcos, i heard from my doc, it's the first infant formula that has and increase in alpha protein (closer to breast milk) and decrease in beta lactulbumin (potential antigent that causes allergies), so far my bb has no problem taking S26, mayb u wanna give it a try.....

yulee

hi hi,
m a new member, just read about u asking about views and comment on the infant formula, was wondering why u dnt mention S26 Gold Alpha Pro???? My bb is actually on S26, the reason I hv chosen S26 is bcos, i heard from my doc, it's the first infant formula that has and increase in alpha protein (closer to breast milk) and decrease in beta lactulbumin (potential antigent that causes allergies), so far my bb has no problem taking S26, mayb u wanna give it a try.....
Hi Matthewinter, welcome aboard!! How old is yr bb?

Thanx for the recmd. Yes, hv juz tried S26 couple days ago and still monitoring...so far so good! :tlaugh:

sherlin

Used to feed DS Similac 0-6 mths then baby had a hard time pooing and always end up crying so i switch to Nan-1 HA, no DS poos every day with ease and its got extra protection on allergies if baby develops any when they grow older. Its milder to the tummy.

JOANNA-

Mummies who gave ds/dd NAN can buy from Nestle distributor . They're more cheaper . :Dancing_wub:I always go there to get for my ds . They sell wadever stuff under Nestle brand .

mmy_lizz

hi juz to share,i have been givin my dd mamex gold since she was born and also breast milk for a month only. till now she's on mamex..ok now, there was once when i wanted to change her to step 2 but my mum accidently changes it drastically then she cant adapt to it. she was havin very bad diarrhoea. very very bad. even when she fart she will poo.. tt time i was veryy strees liao.. then went doc. doc say mayb lactose intolerance. so recommend soy milk. so i tied on her isomil as recommend by doc.she began to be ok. gave her tt for 1 week. then i slowly switch to step 2.. so far she's pretty ok.

mmy_lizz

during tt stress period i was doin major research. i met tis doc fr mead johnson n recommended me enfalac. he told me the goodness of e product la.. (he workin for mead johnson mah~) he told me tt all tis milk powder claims tt they hav dha n sa n all e rest. as long as they put some dha n sa inside they claim their milk powder good already. understand wat i mean?he also said tt dumex is not bad but of cos there are better brands. he said tt abbott staff will obvious say similac is good as they wanna ask ppl drink e milk. my opinion on similac is the babies grow big. like not normally big.. mayb fr wat i saw la.. e babies drinkin similac all like tt.. since my cuzzie baby, the fren baby also same.. so ther u go my piece of reply.. hehe..