introduce solid food to baby

DodoTan

I tried mixing a bit of milk with the cereal today. Haha.. the spoonful with milk: half leaked out of the mouth; the spoonful without the milk: swallow everything. Then because I kept trying to give spoonfuls with milk, he will look at the spoon for a while before deciding to open his mouth. Like trying to decide if that spooful had milk in it. hahahahaha....

cyssie

I tried mixing a bit of milk with the cereal today. Haha.. the spoonful with milk: half leaked out of the mouth; the spoonful without the milk: swallow everything. Then because I kept trying to give spoonfuls with milk, he will look at the spoon for a while before deciding to open his mouth. Like trying to decide if that spooful had milk in it. hahahahaha....
dodo ,...how much ur baby weight? my baby is also refusing milk at this stage..he is 4 months old now...wanna know whether he is under weight ..sigh...

DodoTan

dodo ,...how much ur baby weight? my baby is also refusing milk at this stage..he is 4 months old now...wanna know whether he is under weight ..sigh...
You can check if your baby is underweight on your own. Weigh your baby and measure his height and then tally it with the graphs in the health booklet. As long as his weight and height are more or less in the same percentile, it should be alright. My son is about 7kg and 65cm tall.

TeenyWeeny

I'm feeding my 5mth old gal Hienz Rice cereal mix wif breastmilk. She is taking it well but she seems to prefer breastmilk. Only feeding her once in the morning after she drink milk. :shyxxx:
so baby first food shld be cereal starting frm e 4th mth...shld it be mix with milk so just water?

akosiamidala

hi mommies! i bought the moon rabbit cereal and it says add WARM water.

my baby use distilled water at room temperature for her milk.

has anyone tried using water with just room temperature in preparing this brown rice cereal?

Tabbythecat

I started to wean my boy when he is 6 1/2 mnths and just started =) i bought this book written by Gina Ford on Weaning and is quite good. Give you a guideline how to wean your baby little by little.

So, I bought "Only Organic" (the brand name) baby rice and I tried, is quite bland - good for baby. Then I go by the 3 days rule where every 3 days you introduce new food to your baby. Just started baby rice, apple/ pear puree and sweet potato puree (all homemake puree) and my boy just loves sweet potato..hahah

Cheers

Tabbythecat

hi mommies! i bought the moon rabbit cereal and it says add WARM water.

my baby use distilled water at room temperature for her milk.

has anyone tried using water with just room temperature in preparing this brown rice cereal?
I did! but mine is normal baby rice. The instruction says COOL boiled water (quite vague) and I tried it myself..hahaha..Oh gosh, it taste horrible..lol so i decided to add warm boiled water..hahaha

Jadie

Hi,

My baby is 3 months currently. A lot of relatives told me I can introduced fortified cereal of my baby when she's 4 months old. I have a few questions.

1. Can i know if there are any signs that motivates you to feed cereal?
2. If my baby is unable to sit independently by herself, is it ok to still feed cereal?
3. Will the milk intake go down with the introduction of cereal since milk is still their main diet?

TIA