Introducing solid foods - How to start?

AhJuHo

Hi Mummies, how do I start to introduce solid foods for my baby? What kinds of food should I start with? How many times do I have to give each day? First time mum here... pls help.

Hi mummy!
Hope i m not too late...
how old is yr child?? 4mths or 6mths??

It is recommended that you start only at 6mths.. my doc told me other than digestion issues.. actually they are also concerned with baby being full from solids thus drop in milk intake where at 4mths.. milk is still very impt to their growth..

and watch for your baby's cues.. my girl started watching us eat and licking her lips when she was only 3mths old.. and slowly I started her a little for taste purpose.. like once or twice a week when she was 4mth old.. then when she reach 6mths.. we started a more regular once a day... from cereal progress to porridge..

anyway you can start with cereal.. there are instant type.. just add water and mix into smooth consistency..
you also also feed avocado which is one of the best first foods to start..
only when u notice baby is able to swallow well.. u can start porridge.. cook with vege stock for good nutrients.. baby will be able to eat mashed / puree potato or carrrots or pumpkin too..

my girl is receptive to alot of food so i gave her babybites biscuits etc too..

Hi Mummies, how do I start to introduce solid foods for my baby? What kinds of food should I start with? How many times do I have to give each day? First time mum here... pls help.

5mummy

I started with avocado.. i puree avocado & breastmilk or water and feed him. I feed same thing for 4 days in a row to monitor for any allergy before moving on to other food. You need to slowly increase the amount. From 2 spoonsful, to however much your baby can eat. Mine eats one whole avocado on his own now. He started eating only a quarter each time. :)

ast0212

Check out baby led weaning. I did this with both my kids and they loved it! It was so stress-free....just lots of cleaning up hahah

Lynn2010

Dear mummies,

You may want to check out this book "Mummy, it's Yummy" which is a collection of baby food recipes/ ideas. It is available at Mums & Babes stores and online stores.
Check out on their facebook.

Hope this helps.

jasmineseow

hi fellow mommie, baby food is important.. but so are fruits which baby need for nutrients and vitamins... but becus fruits are more difficult to swallow, i give my 1 year old baby dried fruits, and they rly love it and eat them everyday. if ur baby is too young to swallow and chew food properly, u can put them into milk to make them softer and easier to swallow.. i get mine from fruitspree.com cos it is cheap and they help to deliver to my house for free if i order $10 and above. hope this helps! :)

mike1982

hi fellow mommie, baby food is important.. but so are fruits which baby need for nutrients and vitamins... but becus fruits are more difficult to swallow, i give my 1 year old baby dried fruits, and they rly love it and eat them everyday. if ur baby is too young to swallow and chew food properly, u can put them into milk to make them softer and easier to swallow.. i get mine from fruitspree.com cos it is cheap and they help to deliver to my house for free if i order $10 and above. hope this helps! :)
was wondering if parents have let your bb tried the Heinz biscuit sticks?
my bb girl seem to enjoy the biting but is like take ages for the biscuits to b finished