Angelmum

...she took out her calculator and press and press and said 'ur gal attending twice a week right?...so 1 mth 8 lessons right?...u are paying $200 right?...so each lesson is $25, plus all the therapies, don't u think is worth already?'...

YouTube - Funny mum song-with lyrics
Understand most students dont even get weekly therapy. Yr social worker really :nah:

Each lesson $25 :elvis: ...... if JX managed to learnt something still worth it, if like mine, go sch to pass time :swoon::realmad: .

epicurean

Hi Yukee,

Nice to meet you :) Don't worry about scaring me about Rainbow (MD) ... and I find that social worker completely lacking in compassion, EQ and common sense *shakes head*

epicurean

Hi uddermummy,

Hope you're better! It's a terrible flu season ... bb & I kept taking turn to fall ill. Take good care of yourself ...

uddermummy

Hi uddermummy,

Hope you're better! It's a terrible flu season ... bb & I kept taking turn to fall ill. Take good care of yourself ...
thanks! :)

thank goodness fever is subsiding. breast milk is really good, i can cough and sneeze and bb is, touch wood, still okay.

am trying to look for a nice pic of her (that my in laws won't recognise) to upload...

hope you and bb are both okay!

Angelmum

thank goodness fever is subsiding. breast milk is really good, i can cough and sneeze and baby is, touch wood, still okay.

am trying to look for a nice pic of her (that my in laws won't recognise) to upload...

hope you and baby are both okay!

:elvis: :confused:

jojoki

Hi jojoki,

Thanks for the link to the video ... it's very inspirational and moving. Both hubby & I teared up watching it. I told baby that I'm in no shape to run marathons with him but will run metaphorical races with him :p
yes it was really inspirational and so is ur story... sometimes when my 7kg 3 mths old fuss n wans me to carry her endlessly threatening to break my back... i sometimes feel anger n frustration welling up... but when i read stories from mummies n daddies like u.. i tell myself i should never complain!!!

My housemate is a music therapist from the Rainbow school at khatib.. and she too share a lot of stories of her students with me. These children are sooo special... n they deserve soooo much love. Theres a book called Bright from the Start. The author Jill Stamm she has a phd in neuroscience.. her daugther Jenny has celebral palsy. Her book is good... read it up when u r free, theres many ways to stimulate them n they can be equally intelligent.

jojoki

thank goodness fever is subsiding. breast milk is really good, i can cough and sneeze and baby is, touch wood, still okay.

hope you and baby are both okay!
haha why must inlaws cannot recognize??

jojoki

HEAVEN'S VERY SPECIAL CHILD
A meeting was held quite far from Earth:
"It's time again for another birth."
Said the Angels to the Lord Above,
"This special child will need much love."

Her progress may seem very slow,
Accomplishments she may not show
And she'll require extra care
From folks she meets way down there.

She may not run or laugh or play
Her thoughts may seem quite far away:
In many ways she isn't adapt
And she'll be known as handicapped.

So let's be careful where she's sent
We want her life to be content.
Please, Lord, find the parents who
Will do a special job for you.

They will not realize right away
The leading role they're asked to play
But with this child sent from above
Comes a stronger faith and richer love.

And soon they'll know the privilege given
In caring for the Gift from Heaven.
Their precious charge,
so meek and mild
Is Heaven's Very Special Child.

epicurean

Hi jojoki,

Thanks for the info esp the book. Will look for it :) I checked it out on amazon and it sounds pretty useful & constructive.

Would like to share this poignant article with you and all mummies ...

Welcome to Holland

jojoki

yes i read it it was really beautifully written... Your baby is very cute...chubby face!! such an angel!

epicurean

uddermummy,

Yeah, why a pic that your in laws won't recognise?

This week bb isn't doing so well. I discovered I couldn't get his butt to fit properly into his special seat ... there's always a gap between his butt and back of the seat. Shared this with his physio who also observed she had the same problem. So she suspects his hips could be out/dislocated already, affecting hip & spine alignment. Scheduled for x-ray in July to determine extent and how bad it is ... sigh.

We also have to increase his dose of muscle relaxant to counter his hyper tone coz that's the thing pulling his hips out of joint. But increased dose causes increased phlegm which makes him cough, triggering vom ... bb has a sensitive gag reflex which can be triggered by cough, yawn, hiccup. It's a catch-22 situation.

Angelmum

uddermummy,

Yeah, why a pic that your in laws won't recognise?

This week baby isn't doing so well. I discovered I couldn't get his butt to fit properly into his special seat ... there's always a gap between his butt and back of the seat. Shared this with his physio who also observed she had the same problem. So she suspects his hips could be out/dislocated already, affecting hip & spine alignment. Scheduled for x-ray in July to determine extent and how bad it is ... sigh.

We also have to increase his dose of muscle relaxant to counter his hyper tone coz that's the thing pulling his hips out of joint. But increased dose causes increased phlegm which makes him cough, triggering vom ... baby has a sensitive gag reflex which can be triggered by cough, yawn, hiccup. It's a catch-22 situation.

:elvis:

my graphics tells a 'million words' so I no need type :001_302:

uddermummy

jojoki and epicurean, loved the article and poem. Need things like that to get through a tough day.

My hubby's family frequents forums as well and I think one of them chanced upon my posts in another forum and ratted on me. My mil hates me now, not that she didn't before.

Epicurean, I'm so sorry to hear about your boy's hip. :(

jojoki

jojoki and epicurean, loved the article and poem. Need things like that to get through a tough day.

My hubby's family frequents forums as well and I think one of them chanced upon my posts in another forum and ratted on me. My mother in law hates me now, not that she didn't before.

Epicurean, I'm so sorry to hear about your boy's hip. :(
hates u for wat????!!! just dun understand y cant mil be nice!!! issit wrong for u to show off pic of ur beautiful angel?? hai.... if only ppl can be a little nicer,, a little more supportive.. a little kinder n a little more loving...

Angelmum

My hubby's family frequents forums as well and I think one of them chanced upon my posts in another forum and ratted on me. My mother in law hates me now, not that she didn't before.
u used real names?

There r not many Angelman child in Spore so I better watch my postings in case kenna bombaded or 'die' w/o knowing the reason.

Angelmum

My Angel

My girl was diagnosed with Angelman Syndrome just before she turns 1yo. I found her different formula milk my elder son thus during regular visits to Kandang Kerbau Hospital, I asked pediatrician why she cant flip or sit up at 6mths, pediatrician said some kids are slow. No matter how many times I expressed my concern, none of the PDs were willing to pay attention to me (again, same problem during my pregnancy). Docs do not trust a mother’s instinct (again) so finally, they ‘woke up’ and agreed that something is not right when dear daughter was 11mth. Kandang Kerbau Hospital ran tests and CT scan, finally told us she has a deletion of chromosome 15.

:eek:15:

another f m joke!! Admin just had an auto correct system where all 'f m' (shld have no spacing) short form became formula milk, should mean 'from'. Hope Admin could do something, otherwise, I become a laughingstock :swoon::we2arghh:. Dont know I got how many such cases ....

Last edited:

epicurean

uddermummy,
Thanks for your support. I'm taking bb's hips condition day by day .... try to make him as comfortable as possible to minimise his stiffening & hyper tone so that he doesn't keep pulling his hips out of joint.

Yeah, I agree with jojoki ... why people can't be more supportive & kinder? No need to be so 'big brother is watching you' by ratting on people's posts. It's normal to look for support from other mummies.

uddermummy

you used real names?

There are not many Angelman child in Spore so I better watch my postings in case kenna bombaded or 'die' w/o knowing the reason.
i didn't use real names but i complained about some incidents. :(

Haiz, jojoki, my mil hates me not for putting up my dear daughter's pic, but for going against her wishes on many, many things... :(

epicurean, hope that you'll be able to find a solution for baby's hip that won't aggravate his reflux. Add oil!!! (jia you)