Is backache normal at 30+weeks?

pkshl

ive been having backaches near the waist there these few days. is this normal? my mum told me to be careful cos for her, backaches means baby is coming...:embarrassed:

is it alright to eat some watermelon & honeydew now?

Last edited:
ive been having backaches near the waist there these few days. is this normal? my mum told me to be careful cos for her, backaches means baby is coming...:embarrassed:

is it alright to eat some watermelon & honeydew now?
Hi, some old folks did told me not to take watermelon as it's considered a cooling type of fruit. Depends on individual, my mum used to have aching "backtail" before going into labour. Heard this is one of the sign of labour. Then again, you will experience backache as your stomach is bigger and our body needs to support the protuding belly. Remember to take more calcium. Enjoy your pregnancy.

Edwinie

it's normal. don't worry.

i think u can eat anything. the backache is due to the positioning of the baby, which is part and parcel of pregnancy. i don't think it has anything to do with eating 'cooling' food.

if it affects u, spray hot water over the area during your shower. it has a soothing effect! =)

apollo

yes it is normal. cos ur tummy is getting bigger so ur body is doing more 'job' to 'hold' ur tummy. esp if u're sitting/walking alot.. though i was staying at hm during pregnancy, i also feel the backache. i eat almost everything during pregnancy, including watermelon. and during the last trimester, i had lotsa watermelon and cooling foods cos i was v heaty and my mum bought lotsa cool fruits like watermelon for me. =)

Hi pkshl,

I think its normal... I have been experiencing back pain since early of the pregnancy, doc says the uterus is pressing on my left nerve cos sometimes the pain will run till left leg..Now back pain getting worse due to last mth scan shows that placenta and baby r leaning towards my back which attribute to the back pain...

You could try to put warm compress on your back before sleep, hopefully might help to relieve the pain..

maneo0302

Backache is normal at this period. But definitely not a sign of labour.
I don't experience much backache. But whenever i cough, my lower tummy is very painful. don't know why it is so.