Is it a must for Newborn?

bellerichez

Just wanna check that is it a must for newborn to use pillow? Those pillow center got a hole one. Cos i don't know if i need to stock up pillows for my newborn? Some friends told me that newborn don't need to use pillow at all?
If there's a need to use pillow, then which brand would you recommend? BabySafe 100% Natural Latex?

uddermummy

For newborns, you dont't really need to. But what i did for my dear daughter was to stack a few pieces of folded cloth nappies to put under her head because she spits quite a bit of milk.

Pillows that are too soft may also suffocate bbs. Good to get a sleep positioner though, so that baby is kept in position while asleep.

I got a latex pilow for my dd that I'm now using as a sleep positioner. :p

Don't have to use pillow. Using pillow also very dangerous. Scare at night sleeping no one know anything "touch wood" might happen with the pillow covering the nose.

littlehelper

yeah it is adviced not to use pillows.Don't have anything on the bed, might cause suffocation.Also make sure that babies feet are touching the end of the cot.

huiyin87

i do use pillow sumtm, only after he finish his milk..
i will place nt only e head part, but up to chest part onto e pillow, to refrain him from puking milk out.. coz after his milk, and he fall asleep, even though i had burp him, he will still puke out milk if placed on flat surface.
this happen more for my boy in his 1st mth..
for this i use children pillow, those soft types..
i will remove e pillow ard 1 hr later else he will feel hot.

for e one u mention with a hole in e centre, i use occassionally only.
to support his head, else he will slp with head turn to one side, and my mum told me not so gd, as his neck will feel very tired, then will nt slp for long..

in midnight, i let him slp watever pattern he like, then he happy he can slp for long, i aso happy.. haha:tlaugh:

chelle

I went for TMC anternal classes, the nurse also say no need pillow for newborn.
Just use nappies and folded and put at the head.

I will rather u stock up on nappies.
My BB use diapers but i still bought 20 pieces of nappies.
Very useful, can use as towel, blanket and to lay on sofa or anywhere u wan to let ur BB lie on but worry is dirty!

candy_ian

my coming 5 month old son has never used a pillow before. Only those beanie pillow for the chest. I think nt necessary 4 a pillow for newborn cos like u see in hospital they also dun use pillow for newborn

Amulet

since in hospital cot baby don use pillow, my girl don use pillow as newborn too.. now still don use pillow although we bought one for her.. she use it as bolster..

Ting

pin only started to use the pillow when she was 18 mths.
we bought it for her since NB, but she doesnt use it.
even now, she only uses it occasionally, at time she use it to cover her head to slp. :)

Triquetra

I have bought a latex newborn pillow for BB, BabySafe brand and it states that it will prevent flat head and provide optimum neck support. Does it work?

snowbear

My dd also only used folded nappy as pillow since birth. Tried putting her on the pillow (those with hole) but she moves too much so no use. She still has a nice round head now even though i didn't bother to shift her head for her when she's sleeping.

bellerichez

you have to let him sleep on his sides, alternate after each nap. :) Iggy doesnt sleep on pillows too but his head is nice and round on his cot.. :)
My dear daughter also only used folded nappy as pillow since birth. Tried putting her on the pillow (those with hole) but she moves too much so no use. She still has a nice round head now even though i didn't bother to shift her head for her when she's sleeping.

Okay i will try it when my baby have arrive. Thanks =)

bellerichez

I have bought a latex newborn pillow for baby, BabySafe brand and it states that it will prevent flat head and provide optimum neck support. Does it work?
I saw this pillow online that's why dunno whether need to buy for baby anot. Cos some friends told me no need to buy pillow. Then i was confused so i came here to check with other mummies.