is it alright to sleep on tummy?

ever since my son knows how to flip on tummy, he'd flip himself on tummy at night. He could slp thru the night on tummy but my concern is he still dont know how to flip back and whenever i tried to flip him back, he'd cry. i got so paranoid that i'd keep waking up to check on him. he likes to sleep on his tummy now. so is it ok to leave him alone?

autumn82

ever since my son knows how to flip on tummy, he'd flip himself on tummy at night. He could sleep thru the night on tummy but my concern is he still dont know how to flip back and whenever i tried to flip him back, he'd cry. i got so paranoid that i'd keep waking up to check on him. he likes to sleep on his tummy now. so is it ok to leave him alone?
Shouldn't be a problem for him to sleep on his tummy in the nite when he's able to move his neck by himself. :) Iggy used to sleep on his tummy be it day or nite time. But once they learnt how to flip back, they will flip here and there non stop until they get into the position they like.. So cute~~ :)

Lynnie

Yup yup, my god daughter's like that too.. Once they know how to flip, they'll flip here and there...
My girl just learnt to flip onto her tummy (but can't flip back yet), and sometimes will find her asleep on her tummy.. Will be worried too so checked on her every now and then.

Shouldn't be a problem for him to sleep on his tummy in the nite when he's able to move his neck by himself. :) Iggy used to sleep on his tummy be it day or nite time. But once they learnt how to flip back, they will flip here and there non stop until they get into the position they like.. So cute~~ :)
ouww~~ still waiting the day he'd flip back. he's so frustrated when his hand stuck and he couldnt flip back. hee ok at least i know it's alright cos sometimes at night i saw him moving so much that i thought it's uncomfortable for him.

apollo

it's okay for babies to slp on tummy. in fact most of them slp well on their tummies than on their backs.. as long as his head can flip to his side can alrdy..:tlaugh:

Oppsgal

My baby used to sleep on back. Now turning to 8 months, auto become tummy. Flat on tummy, face turn flatten on one side. Very funny sight. Heard after 6 months, most babies are safe to sleep on tummy.

Catty

I let my baby sleep on her tummy when she's about 1 mth+, indeed they can really sleep well and sometimes can sleep through the night! Think infant sleeping on tummy is a very usual thing for them in the western countries.. :001_302:

fioncess

my baby like to flip too.. but she always vomit then make until her whole face all vomit... when ur baby flip do they vomit too?? even a little?? i got to also watch her so her face wun get her vomit.

Goldiemum

my baby like to flip too.. but she always vomit then make until her whole face all vomit... when your baby flip do they vomit too?? even a little?? i got to also watch her so her face wun get her vomit.
Mine will. Sometimes in the middle of the night when I woke up to check on him in case he lies face flat (eversince he can flip he likes to sleep on his tummy), I see his cot where his face lies is wet.