Is it normal for a father to scream at the baby?

Dowin

Yes. I also believe he is way too stressed up with the baby, expecting him to be the way he wants him to be, almost perfect. Whatever he sees on other kids that he doesnt like, but to my sis, the other kids' actions are so cute, he can tell my sis, "our son will not be like that".
My sis did tell him he might be having post natal depression, but he said no. He always thought he is very knowledgeable but actual fact, i really doubt it. He keeps saying the report say this, website says that, but somehow i feel he only wants to see things he wants, and brush aside any other thing he doesnt believe in.
And yes, the in laws are our parents, and after helping to take care of the baby for 2 mths, not a single appreciation from him, in fact he thinks our family is f**ked up and he is living in HELL for this 2 mths. SIGH
I'm worried for my sis. Afraid she might have depression as well. Afterall, this is only the 2nd mth after she gave birth.

Dowin

And i really feel happy for u guys that your partner is so loving and caring towards your baby. My sis really deserves better. I dont feel that she is being loved at all. And the poor baby, that day he cried until choke, I was so heart pain that I wanted to cry too. T_T

Ting

hmmm was her hubby like tt all the while???
as in bad temper n heck care attitude?

CanCanMum

Yes. I also believe he is way too stressed up with the baby, expecting him to be the way he wants him to be, almost perfect. Whatever he sees on other kids that he doesnt like, but to my sis, the other kids' actions are so cute, he can tell my sis, "our son will not be like that".
My sis did tell him he might be having post natal depression, but he said no. He always thought he is very knowledgeable but actual fact, i really doubt it. He keeps saying the report say this, website says that, but somehow i feel he only wants to see things he wants, and brush aside any other thing he doesnt believe in.
And yes, the in laws are our parents, and after helping to take care of the baby for 2 mths, not a single appreciation from him, in fact he thinks our family is f**ked up and he is living in HELL for this 2 mths. SIGH
I'm worried for my sis. Afraid she might have depression as well. Afterall, this is only the 2nd month after she gave birth.
normally pple in depression will oso be in self-denial...............

anyway is baby sticky to mum or dad? If baby is sticky to mum can tell the dad does not understand the baby so well, tat might be a signal to prove him wrong?

woofy55

Yes, i'm worried your sis will be having depression as well since she is not as outspoken as her hubby. Any possibility to bring her out whenever you all can - without the stupid hubby. Talk to her and observe her actions. Is there anybody whom can talk to that man, your father perhaps? Tell him that raising a child is 2 person thing - should have 2 way interaction and not just insistent on his own way cos every baby is different anyway. Tell him to care more for his wife as you all worried she might hv depression - cos since he insist that he's okay then he should be more concern about his wife.

SH74

Hi guys,

Just wondering is it normal for a father to be shouting/screaming at the baby's face when the baby is crying non stop, saying things like," continue! you continue! I dont't care!" And let the baby cry until choke??

Pls advise.
it's nv healthy to shout / scream at babies. regardless who is d 1 shouting / screaming.

i think d 1 shouting / screaming panic n frustrated alr. dunno how to handle d bb.

best is to carry d bb away fr him.