is it normal for baby to move alot in 3T?

pkshl

im currently 31weeks today. lately been having backaches, braxton hicks contractions & also baby is moving alot, quite violent at times too! the way she move around in my tummy sometimes feel pain for me. And also sometimes at night she move so much i cant sleep until abt 1-2am in the morning. Is it normal for baby to move so much now?

Yep. It is completely normal. Once my girl kicked me so hard you can see the shape of her foot pushing out against my tummy. Scary sight. It gets harder and harder to sleep at this stage but the silver lining is, you will be meeting baby soon enough. Cheers to you and baby!

cseen

I am approaching 30weeks and having braxton hicks too sometimes... the tummy get tights and release after while..
baby also kick vigrously and i think mainly using the elbow maybe doing some stretching too.. mine is also activity at I think it's normal...
but if the braxton hicks gets too often , it's better to highlight to gynae as they can use CTG to monitor early contraction.

pkshl

yes, sometimes i can see her doing stretching using her elbow mayb too & her kicks are so violent can even see my tummy shake & im sometimes in pain. at times like that, i will sayang the part she kick & tel her aiyo dun kick mummy so hard, mummy is in pain! lol

but again, is it normal for pregnant mums to feel breathless & faint? i feel so breathless now & almost fainted earlier. scary! luckily im sitting down.

Last edited:

Priya Diva

Hi

I am now in my 37 week of preg. My baby's movement are still very strong [ lots of ] kicks especially when trying to sleep] and the braxton hicks are also coming more requently. I also have lower abdominal menses like cramps occasionally.

nutela

Hi all,

yup..i too have alot of tightening of my tummy n alot of movement n kicking....think its the feet or the elbow n smtimes the butt is pushing my tummy....
now i at 38wks n there stil many mvment in my tummy, painful obviously but i kind of loving it to know tat baby is too active inside ......baby is extremely active during nite time, til very hard to fall asleep
braxton hicks r a common now n it comes n go always.....

millyming

my baby move alot too
and i will always feel my tummy tightening always...it really uncomfortable when the tummy tighten up...

millyming

ohh...that's call braxton hicks??

i just feel the whole tummy quite hard, hard like stone...
walk also feel uncomfortable

cseen

yes that's braxton hicks... preparing you for the real 1! i got it alot too... sometime i thot it's the baby stretching or rolling ..
so kinda confused

millyming

i heard alot this terms, but i dont know what does it means.
now i understand! thanks ya!

but then, it just feel tightening, not painful at all..

izanyzam

Ive just reached my 29th week and for the past few days,my baby has been moving sooo much..Sometimes,my bag resting on my tummy would even move a bit wen he kicked..!!!Also feel pain near the back of my ribcage..He's probably doing somersaults now..!! :001_302:

shiyi

Ive just reached my 29th week and for the past few days,my baby has been moving sooo much..Sometimes,my bag resting on my tummy would even move a bit wen he kicked..!!!Also feel pain near the back of my ribcage..He's probably doing somersaults now..!! :001_302:
haha yup. how i miss those 'actions' now..

i1babes

after reading urs post , i feel a bit worries..cos my boy move so litter n i hardly can feel unless i place my hand on my tummy, last week went to check up , dr didnt say anything only say my boy growth a bit slow,( no pill given , no other advice , sometime , i really don feel secure wt him..)
any advice from experince mummy ?

mommymaj

My DS and now DD in tummy are both very active, but the doc says as long as you feel some movement every day it should be ok, as babies are different. I got very paranoid and check every 1-2 hours when I'm awake, so sometimes the movements aren't very strong (baby probably taking a nap, and mummy is bothering her:eek:)

v0nne

I'm in my 29 weeks plus now , and my girl seldom move as well . only sometimes in the day . But she's rather active at night . I think i experience braxton hicks mostly at night as well :))

At my 38 week of pregnancy, my baby's movement took a sudden dip. She normally move and kick alot. I had to push my tummy just to get her to move. I called my obgyn clinic and the nurse told me to come in immediately. Even after putting me in a monitor they coluldn't tell what was wrong. My gynae told me since I'm full term already (big baby) he think it's best I go for emerg c-sect, coz better b save than sorry. As it turned out, baby had cord around her neck. It wasn't tightly wrap around her neck at that time but if I had ignored her reduced fetal movement it would have been. I'm glad she was able to tell me something was wrong.