is it ok to eat noodles during pregnancy?

Porukadotzu

I'm sort of a big fan of noodles, soba, udon specially during these few weeks after I found out I'm 6 weeks pregs.I have this big appetite on udon (dunno why)...but my friend suggest me do not eat those things during pregnancy coz its not healthy...but how about ban mian? or japanese udon? anyone can comments?:err:

I'm sort of a big fan of noodles, soba, udon specially during these few weeks after I found out I'm 6 weeks pregs.I have this big appetite on udon (dunno why)...but my friend suggest me do not eat those things during pregnancy coz its not healthy...but how about ban mian? or japanese udon? anyone can comments?:err:
i oso noodle fan but i think is due to msg ba, maybe just eat less ba...

ireneliau

-----------------------------
no problem to eat that...

spottycow

Instant noodles is not healthy, the reason is that the noodle is coated with a layer of wax for ease of packaging. So that when we buy it, it is in a nice square/round shape.

There is a horror story that I heard about this guy who eats a pack of instant noodle everyday. He died 5yrs after he stared eating the noodle, during autopsy they found a huge lump of wax harden in his stomach.

Dunno how true that is, but I have laid off instant noodle for good after that.

rjj

Ya... if u see properly, instant noodle has a layer of oil like thingy, which is no good for healthy.

Other noodles i nvr hear before leh

Porukadotzu

thanks guys, so I still can have my cravings on udon then hehhehe..... as for instant noodles I will never eat that frm now... o ya, fyi about the wax thing, its better not to eat those roasted duck so often too, my mom in law said some hawker just plunge those ducks into wax to pluck the feathers and didn't clean it properly after that...so the wax might still attached to the skin when they sauced it....

naze

I eat anything I crave. If you restrict your crave, heard old folk tales, next baby delivered will be greedy. Eat whatever you like in moderation. : )

++eLaiNe++

yes.yes...
agre wat tiziana say..
tink should not be a problem..
but heard cannot eat too much those yellow noodles leh...
u know those hokkien mee type??

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I think everything in moderation is the key... although in the 1st tri, I did indulge in my cravings pretty often. :)

I don't think there's anything wrong with any type of noodles acutally. It could be your body wanting something specifically in that food type.

justmint

Didn't hear that noodles not good..is it becos of carbo?

I did ask my gyane if I can have sashimi, he say it's fine.
everything moderate is ok. Even coffee too!

naze

Didn't hear that noodles not good..is it becos of carbo?

I did ask my gyane if I can have sashimi, he say it's fine.
everything moderate is ok. Even coffee too!
U mean we pregnant mummies can also eat sashimi ?? :Dancing_wub:

cluelessmummy

U mean we pregnant mummies can also eat sashimi ?? :Dancing_wub:
well, I read an article somewhere that said.. if pregnant women in japan can eat sashimi, why can't pregnant women elsewhere eat it too?

technically, the main concern with sashimi in pregancy is bacteria, parasites and food poisoning. sucks when you can't really take medicine for the vomitting, stomachache etc. also raw tuna might hv excessive mercury in it, so might not be good for the baby if u take a lot of it.

and i guess, you'll probably get fresher sashimi in japan, and the chefs there know how to handle it better and are more hygienic, so may be safer for women in japan, compared to some sushi train here in sg.

justmint

Sorry for the off topic,
So far those sashimi I ate was from reputable restaurants...so they are fresh. But don't eat too much of it..I eat almost every mth once..

back to the topic,
I suppose eat less noodles meant less carbo bah..

Last edited: