Is it ok to lie down flat on tummy

Evaling

Hi, I'm 1st time mummy & currently at my 13th weeks. Is it alright to lie flat on the tummy while resting?

& I realize sometimes when I stretch my body with my back slightly bend backwards. I will feel a stretch or cramp at my abdominal area. Is it alright?

i think you jus past the 1st trimester better not...
actually a lot of ppl say the protection layers in our stomach is good enough to protect the bb but i feel you shouldnt take risk :)

i can only sleep stomach down.. but after im preggie i try to sleep by my side too :)
jus try to sleep by your side..cos as your tummy get bigger.. its very uncomfortable sleeping on the tummy hehe :)

ks76mummy

Hi Evaling,

I think it is better not to...especially if you feel a cramp or pain while doing that...Better to be safe than sorry? :) although they say you can't squash your baby...if I still feel paranoid hehehe

For me, like steffywoofy, I started 'practicising' sleeping on my side as soon as the first trimester. Prior to pregnancy, I always sleep on my back but I read reviews from a couple of mums that sleeping on the back towards the later stage of pregnancy slows down blood flow and is not good for the baby and will not be comfortable for the mummy too.

Evaling

Wow! Thanks for yall for such efficient reply! =D

Anyway a stupid question as I'm new to forum. Just wondering where do I see notification that you guys have reply me? Cos I search the post that I started instead.

xiaodaisy

its ok to lie on tummy but not adviseable to stretch backwards cos might not be good for the bb in tummy ..

for myself , i slp on tummy for all my 3 kids till i labour =D its ok as long u don feel uncomfortable

Tannie

Wow! Thanks for yall for such efficient reply! =D

Anyway a stupid question as I'm new to forum. Just wondering where do I see notification that you guys have reply me? Cos I search the post that I started instead.
If there is any reply to ur thread, u shld receive an email notification.
When I am using hp version, they have an option to chose to view the thread u subscribed.

Evaling

its ok to lie on tummy but not adviseable to stretch backwards cos might not be good for the bb in tummy ..

for myself , i slp on tummy for all my 3 kids till i labour =D its ok as long u don feel uncomfortable
Hi, you sleep on yr tummy till you labour? how? I meant lying on the bed with my face facing on the bed. Is that what you mean as well?

Evaling

Ooh so good but I cant & ytd experience terrible chest pain also. This pregnancy is not easy for me man. Laughs