Is it safe to take antidepressants during pregnancy?

TonyF

Is it safe to take antidepressants during pregnancy? I've been feeling a little down lately and I was thinking on taking some antidepressants, but then I came across this article on the web about birth defects from prozac. What do you think?

soapsoap

I have post natal depression after my first bb was born at abt 4 month old, I star taking anti depression drug tat safe for bf and Pregnant, even when I P with second bb I also on medication, so far all still ok, no problem

Is it safe to take antidepressants during pregnancy? I've been feeling a little down lately and I was thinking on taking some antidepressants, but then I came across this article on the web about birth defects from prozac. What do you think?
I believed there are no "safe" antidepressants. There are only medications with higher or lower risks based on clinical studies. Perhaps you could talk to your psychiatrist, things may not be as bad as you perceived. Personally, I was on mediciation. So far, still alright. But I was on the lowest dosage. I am not on Prozac.

Last edited: