Is land-banking a sound investment? Or Scam?

YoruVoly

For those who dunno... land-banking is about "investing" in plots of overseas raw lands... where u r promised high returns when the land is sold and developed...

My BIL bought some plot of Canadian lands... through "The Walton International Group" a couple of years back... was promised returns in 5 years time... but with 11.75% investment loan... after 9 years till date... he is still paying... DUH...

:err::err::err::err::err:

Dunno if he should continue paying this monthly loan... 5 years... 10 years?
Or cut his loss and terminate this... and lose all the $$$ invested for the past 9 years? About $40K.

Anyone has experience with this?

Some websites say it's a scam... some say it's not...
To me... it's just like MLM... either u're a firm believer or you're not...
if it's so easy to get rich... all no need to work liaooo

olivi1980

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you are really struggling with what to do. It's a tough decision to make, and I don't envy you having to make it. I don't have any personal experience with land banking, but I have done a bit of research on it. From what I can tell, it is a very risky investment, and it is not uncommon for people to lose a lot of money. It sounds like you have already lost a significant amount of money, and it doesn't seem like there is any guarantee that you will ever see a return on your investment. It might be best to cut your losses and terminate the investment. It's a difficult decision, but it seems like it would be the best thing to do in your situation. Also, you could consult an expert from https://stephenswmg.com on this situation.