Is this normal or is this being paranoid???

I fell that she is feeling insecure and fearful...

Someone I know whom gave birth about 1 year ago behaves in the following way & I am not sure if such behaviour is considered normal or considered as being on the verge of paranoia?

1) When her precious baby was first borned at KK Hospital, she refused to let anyone carry her baby unless they disinfect their hands with a sanitizer first.
My reaction: Ok, this is reasonable.

2) AND they must also remove all their watch, rings, bracelets, what-have-you because she is scared that these items will poke her precious little one.
My reaction: Eh...

3) After listening to a nosey auntie next door about how kids who are exposed to photography when they were babies grew up to be introverts, depressed, reticent, etc, she told us not to take too many photographs of her precious one.
My reaction: Huh?

4) She absolutely refuses to let us use flash when we take pictures of her baby, saying that it is bad for his eyes. If we accidentally forget to turn off the flash, she will immediately say "No, don't do that." And even when her hubby is the cameraman, immediately, she will stop whatever she is doing & march up to him in an annoyed manner & say "Don't do that! How many times have I told you already?"
My reaction: Wah! No one is spared from her numerous rules.

5) She does not trust anyone to carry her precious little one, it seems. Not even when the person is her own mother. Her mother was carrying the baby & walking up & down along the common corridor one day to show him the plants. If her mother walks out of sight from the main door, she will quickly ask "where is my baby & mother?" If her father tells her that probably she took him downstairs for a walk, immediately she will stop whatever she is doing & go downstairs to verify their whereabouts.
My reaction: Dun u even trust your own mother? Did u think she brought your baby downstairs to sell him??? Tsk.

6) When my hubby took her baby for a quick walk along the common corridor & took care to keep to the left side where the flats were, instead of on the right where the corridor is, just to make extra sure, she will be standing at the main door, keeping an ever watchful eye.
My reaction: She is just like a mother hawk.

7) When my hubby carried her precious little one in the kitchen & stood near the window to show him the sights (near, not beside the window), she will quickly say "Dun go near the window!"
My reaction: As if my hubby does not have the common sense to refrain from going to the front of the window.

8) When I flipped the pages of a newspapers to show her baby some pictures, she will immediately say "Dun let him touch the papers."
My reaction: Aargh, I know this without you even telling me. I just wanted to point out the picture to him. I did not draw his hands towards the newspaper.

9) When I carried him to the living room window which was properly locked, his mother would say "Dun let him touch the window grilles. There is a lot of dust. I have not wiped them yet".
My reaction: Ok, fine. This is reasonable but after hearing too many "No, dun do this", "No, dun do that", it is starting to jar on me.

10) When I took some plain water to drink from the kitchen, she saw it & said "Dun take water from that jug. It is for my baby. Take from the other jug." I replied "But that one is too hot to be placed inside my PET bottle." And she kept quiet.
My reaction: Come on, it is not as if I drank all the water there. Must u over-react every time???

11) When we stood around the bed to look at her baby, she will tell us to stand in front of him, not at the side of him, as she does not want his eyes to develop in the wrong way. But when more & more people come in to look, we are bound to move nearer & nearer to the side to make space for them to come in. Still she will say "No, dun stand there."

So mummies, after reading this, do u think the woman mentioned above is behaving in a normal way?

jal

next month my precious come out liao if cute i let you know. then you can change target liao. no need put up with her till so xinku. :twink:
haha. for me im quite green vege 'qing cai' kind. as long as you dont swing my baby or throw him up and down. you want carry where see see also can.
Yeah. I wish you could tell my sister-in-law off. So paranoid about everything! Nearly wanted to use the word 'siao' at her.

jal

Personally I think she's rather crazy. It sounds like a stressful and tense home having to follow all these rules and regulations. What I find interesting will be how she is towards her child as they become older - will she let them play in playgroun or is it too dirty, not safe etc.

Although I do not agree with her extreme ideas, she is not doing anything wrong. She is the mother and only trying to do the best for her child.
I can tell you her answer will DEFINITELY be this: "too dirty, not safe."

apollo

I can tell you her answer will DEFINITELY be this: "too dirty, not safe."
wow lik tt her bb got no tong nian lo.. didn't she heard b4: dirty eat dirty big.. LOL!

sometimes when she over protect her bb as in let her bb live in an environment which is extremely clean, in future her bb immune system will be low lo esp when bb just start sch.. (my 2cents worth la)

i think next time her bb's childcare/school teachers will very STRESS lo... she sure 2 3 days go sch once COMPLAIN!!! :tlaugh:

apollo

next month my precious come out liao if cute i let you know. then you can change target liao. no need put up with her till so xinku. :twink:
haha. for me im quite green vege 'qing cai' kind. as long as you dont swing my baby or throw him up and down. you want carry where see see also can.
agree lo... it's not as if a kid or stranger carrying the baby right??? i think must let bb carry by anyone (ppl we know la not strangers of cos) so in future bb will not be afriad of ppl...

pkshl

agree lo... it's not as if a kid or stranger carrying the baby right??? i think must let bb carry by anyone (ppl we know la not strangers of cos) so in future bb will not be afriad of ppl...
my mil say try not to let those very old people carry cos sometimes they ve germs on them. she was refering to 1 of her eldery relative who once attempt to kiss my niece. lucky my mil saw in time to stop her cos she said some old folks are quite unhygiene, for this, i can agree with her.

Yeah. I wish you could tell my sister-in-law off. So paranoid about everything! Nearly wanted to use the word 'siao' at her.
every mummy loves their little one, understandable. esp her case she try 'quite' long.
but over-protective isnt good at all. instead will harm the kid lo. either get too spoilt, or in future, when face problems, easily stressed etc. you have to fall then you will learn how to get up. too use to smooth path, abit of bump, also dont know how to cross over..
as for hygience part. if you over-clean. body immune system will get very weak. do you know that human body actually very 'shen qi' one. those harmless germs and bacteria and virus, our body can fight them ourself. for eg, you kana flu virus lvl 1, you dont go see doc, you ownself get well. next time must have flu virus lvl 2 then will affect you. even if you get flu virus lvl 1 you also wont fall sick le. and if you abit abit only go see doc, take antibiotics. your body will only rely on antibiotics to fight viruses. i know a friend, since young fall sick always go doctor. always take antibiotics. and now, normal antibiotics cant help her liao. she needs stronger dosage. for me, cause young time financial not good and mama not the kind who belive in seeing doc. so both me and my bro dont go doctor at all when we get fever or cough or wateva. our body till now like damn strong lo. play in rain shower cold water also wont fall sick.

lols. ya la. nowadays many mummies are over-protective of their child. this cannot that cannot.
when i was young, ice-cream, tibits, cold drinks. want what jiu eat what. also never keep fall sick or anything..
when i see some of my friends in school, see ice-cream like see gold like that. damn pathetic lo. no 'tong nian'... sometimes outside, see those 4 or 5yr old, cold drinks mama only allow them like, one sip, two sip.. hais..
i agree with your dirty eat dirty grow. ahaha. my mama sweep and mop our floor everyday when we were young la. then potato chips drop on floor we will pick up, 'hoo hoo', then eat de. but outside wont la. only at home.

apollo

lols. ya la. nowadays many mummies are over-protective of their child. this cannot that cannot.
when i was young, ice-cream, tibits, cold drinks. want what jiu eat what. also never keep fall sick or anything..
when i see some of my friends in school, see ice-cream like see gold like that. damn pathetic lo. no 'tong nian'... sometimes outside, see those 4 or 5yr old, cold drinks mama only allow them like, one sip, two sip.. hais..
i agree with your dirty eat dirty grow. ahaha. my mama sweep and mop our floor everyday when we were young la. then potato chips drop on floor we will pick up, 'hoo hoo', then eat de. but outside wont la. only at home.
i think i will not let my bb eat too much titbits, ice cream cold drinks la but is not too much not to the extend of totally cannot eat...

but next time must remind ur boy hor, at hm "hoo hoo" can liao dun go outide still "hoo hoo" leh... tt time i saw a lil girl at shopping centre, sweet drop den pick up "hoo hoo", i rush to her wanting to stop her putting the sweet in her mouth but too late liao, i think she tot i wanna snatch from her... LOL!!!

i think i will not let my bb eat too much titbits, ice cream cold drinks la but is not too much not to the extend of totally cannot eat...

but next time must remind ur boy hor, at hm "hoo hoo" can liao dun go outide still "hoo hoo" leh... tt time i saw a lil girl at shopping centre, sweet drop den pick up "hoo hoo", i rush to her wanting to stop her putting the sweet in her mouth but too late liao, i think she tot i wanna snatch from her... LOL!!!
haha. now i also wont allow my boy take too much tibits. ice cream is a must. cause to me no ice cream machiam not kid like that. maybe once a week. every sunday. tibits is his reward. if he behaves. i wanna teach him to earn for everything he wants. so that he knows nothing is free in the world. too bad. different generation liao.
alamak. the girl mama too relax liao. if outside drop i still 'hoohoo', my mama will kill me. now at home also cannot 'hoohoo' liao. unless i just sweep or mop the floor. i not so hardworking like my mama everyday clean.....

wow lik tt her bb got no tong nian lo.. didn't she heard b4: dirty eat dirty big.. LOL!

sometimes when she over protect her bb as in let her bb live in an environment which is extremely clean, in future her bb immune system will be low lo esp when bb just start sch.. (my 2cents worth la)

i think next time her bb's childcare/school teachers will very STRESS lo... she sure 2 3 days go sch once COMPLAIN!!!
:tlaugh:
AGREEEEEEEEE

laii laii. my DD also very cute... i stay admiralty.. visit miie bettttttttter~!

jal

every mummy loves their little one, understandable. esp her case she try 'quite' long.
but over-protective isnt good at all. instead will harm the kid lo. either get too spoilt, or in future, when face problems, easily stressed etc. you have to fall then you will learn how to get up. too use to smooth path, abit of bump, also dont know how to cross over..
as for hygience part. if you over-clean. body immune system will get very weak. do you know that human body actually very 'shen qi' one. those harmless germs and bacteria and virus, our body can fight them ourself. for eg, you kana flu virus lvl 1, you dont go see doc, you ownself get well. next time must have flu virus lvl 2 then will affect you. even if you get flu virus lvl 1 you also wont fall sick le. and if you abit abit only go see doc, take antibiotics. your body will only rely on antibiotics to fight viruses. i know a friend, since young fall sick always go doctor. always take antibiotics. and now, normal antibiotics cant help her liao. she needs stronger dosage. for me, cause young time financial not good and mama not the kind who belive in seeing doc. so both me and my bro dont go doctor at all when we get fever or cough or wateva. our body till now like damn strong lo. play in rain shower cold water also wont fall sick.
Yeah, you are right about the medicine part. Dun people know that in western medicine, 1/3 of it is poison? Western medicine is mainly developed in the labs, & that's not what our body is adapted to consume. So I seldom take western medicine. I let my body recover naturally with plenty of fluid & fruits.