Itchy All over Body

november

Hi All...been having sleepless nights because of my tummy's weight! can't find a sleeping position right. And these few nights, have been sratching all over...everywhere's itchy...from itchy tummy to bbreast to thighs and waist.

Read from this
Pregnancy Calendar Week 34

Itchy all over, might have LIVER problem.

Any mommies have any knowledge on this?

kenxf_03

Hi All...been having sleepless nights because of my tummy's weight! can't find a sleeping position right. And these few nights, have been sratching all over...everywhere's itchy...from itchy tummy to bbreast to thighs and waist.

Read from this
Pregnancy Calendar Week 34

Itchy all over, might have LIVER problem.

Any mommies have any knowledge on this?

Hi November,

We shared the same experience!

Donno starting from the 30th week, I started to itch too! Intitally was my whole body.. I kp on applying the "snake" powder every night b4 I went to slp. It does help abit and having some good slp loh.

After 33 weeks, I started to itch again! This time round, in btwn my toes and fingers. Then my foot.. Now I have " tai kor" foot and leg le..

Told gynae and he gave some itch med to stop the itch. It does help but the med will cause drowsiness. And I'm unable to wake up the next morning for work loh..

Gynae told me that I have dry skin, tats y it leads to itch due to dryness. So I'm not too sure wats the real reason behind the itch..

Beanie

I have the same feeling during my 2nd trimester and it cause some rashes at the side n back of the body. But now everything seems to settle down although some days i still feel itchy. Doctor advise to use the stretch mark lotion to apply on the itchy part n it seems to work on me. Maybe you can give it a try.

Good Luck! :red:

apollo

i do feel itchy sometimes esp at my tummy and back area but didnt apply anything cream cos it wasn't very serious yet (touch wood).. sometimes i totally didnt scratch a particular area but it turns out to have rashes!! anyone having same experience??

Harmy

I'm only in my 2nd trimester and im already feeling really itchy esp on my arms!!! Its horrible!! and i have nice long nails so it feels so good when i scratch :err:

They say try to avoid scratching your stomach will leave marks!

november

ya..after slapping on loads of stretch mark cream it does help a little. Maybe its because of my dry skin and these few days of warm weather too

Freedom

Same here, especially over tummy and belly button area. So itchy, also applied m. lotion twice a day. Initially, I thought it's my m.lotion as I finish the other brand and now using body shop.

I'm not so bad on my back and breast area.

ping26

Pregnancy hormones can cause sensitive skin.

My tummy started itching during 2nd trimester. I switched to a non-soap cleanser like QV wash. The itching stopped & I didn't even have to put lotion.

It's available at most pharmacies & Watson's.

Ping26

cui_er

My first pregnancy, during end of 2nd trimester, had severe itching all over body too and when i told the gynae, after some tests, we did find out there's some liver problem. But once after delivery, itchy stopped.

Now 2nd pregnancy, 1st trimester only and I'm having severe itching again. The itch is so bad I can't sleep well and even though I try not to scratch, but it's really too unbearable. Some places let me scratch until got cuts, dunno how to bear it until delivery. :(

Yuki Miaka

I have the same feeling during my 2nd trimester and it cause some rashes at the side n back of the body. But now everything seems to settle down although some days i still feel itchy. Doctor advise to use the stretch mark lotion to apply on the itchy part n it seems to work on me. Maybe you can give it a try.

Good Luck! :red:
ya can use palmers stretch mark lotion and soothing oil.. it works on me.

Ros0818

hi, same exeperience w/ me... experienced e itchiness from 7mths onwards... used to apply palmers strecthmarks cream but now apply lots of calamine lotion due to the cooling effect...

nasha

same same here wz my 1st pregnancy. Even at the hosp waitin to b induced i kept sneaking in to the toilet to apply prickly heat powder on my all reddish tummy when hubby was nappin. Its so unbearable!

hi, same exeperience w/ me... experienced e itchiness from 7mths onwards... used to apply palmers strecthmarks cream but now apply lots of calamine lotion due to the cooling effect...
i tried using calamine lotion. but then it's not veri effective for me. abt 3hrs later i will start scratching alreadi. my gf tells me tat calamine is veri dry for the skin. and so i realli avoid. tried so mani stuff but still cannt! end up nw haf to self control.

my whole leg is filled wif scars and my tighs are badly scratch. nw my tummy is itching veri badly also. my gynae see me and she wan to scold me. bcos im scratchin while talking! hahas! was given steriod creams, but when i read the instructions, it saes tat best not to use in long term for preggy woman. so i didnt used at all. nw jus haf to control and control!

rado23

Alpha Male
Hi, wife is having the same problem for past few days and she is now in week 37. Further checks from the net reveals this symptom known as wheals..

Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy - PUPPP

She used the prickly heat powder that I bgt for myself but that din help.. Am now trying to find out what else could be the best apart from taking oral steroids like the link suggests.. Saw some1 mentioned QV non-soap wash? Care to elaborate further??

Thanks.
Worrying husband-overseas.