IUI support 2011

makino

Hi Ladies,

Would like to check, just had IUI done last Wed, so far it's just 5dpIUI.. I started feeling some soreness in my breasts from yesterday.. Is that normal?? Did anyone experience the same thing?
I had IVF last Sept. Yes my breasts too were sore during my 2WW. Then they became soft nearing the end of 2WW and i tested BFN, followed by menses couple of days later .. dont know what logic is that haha but yes to answer your question, I did get swollen/sore breasts during my 2WW too ~

I failed my fresh cycle and the remaining 2 embryos didnt survive the thaw for FET so thats the end of my IVF .. It was very sad for us because I am PCO and had expected more than the 6 follicles that was retrieved from my ovaries .. only 4 were ready and fertilized.

Anyway I followed Dr SF Loh to Thomson Medical Center and just had my SO-IUI procedure done this afternoon. Today marks the beginning of my 2WW and I hope this can be a successful one because hubby dont want me to go for anymore fertility treatments anymore after this..

min81

Hi makino,

Okie glad to know it's normal.. Haha.. It's been 17dpIUI and they're still really sore.. I'm waiting to test on day 21.. Controlling myself not to test yet.. Think still too early rite? I read that some ladies simply had their menses late.. So I didn't buy any test kits yet so I won't succumb to temptation :)

Wishing you the best of luck for your IUI!!

Kevangie

Hi makino,

Okie glad to know it's normal.. Haha.. It's been 17dpIUI and they're still really sore.. I'm waiting to test on day 21.. Controlling myself not to test yet.. Think still too early rite? I read that some ladies simply had their menses late.. So I didn't buy any test kits yet so I won't succumb to temptation :)

Wishing you the best of luck for your IUI!!
Hi mini81,

U r already 17dpiui? Do u know ur Luteal Phase is usually how long? Example, I always have my menses 13dpo... Cos I feel that 17dpiui is not tat early to test already... But of cos, if u just want to wait awhile more, tat is gd too. I am also in my 2ww... and I started feeling soreness in my breasts at 3dpiui... I also have cramps on and off and twinges on my lower stomach.

Anyway... Gd luck and baby dust to u.... Hope to hear ur gd news soon...

Tiggeroo

Hello all

I chanced upon this thread and would like to share my experience.

I'm with Dr Yap Lip Kee at Mt E. We did clomid IUI which failed. After it failed, we wanted to jump straight to IVF but Dr Yap advised another round of IUI, this time with injections. After 9 days of self injection followed by IUI, we found ourselves pregnant and I'm now more than 14 weeks along! Dr Yap kept saying IUI can have pleasant surprises and he's right! We feel very very lucky and blessed =)

Regarding testing, I've always tested ard 10 dpo. Just get those early pregnancy test kit eg Fortel brand from Watsons. Worked well for me.

Anyway, IUI does work. Don't give up hope everyone. Good luck and take care!

Kevangie

Hello all

I chanced upon this thread and would like to share my experience.

I'm with Dr Yap Lip Kee at Mt E. We did clomid IUI which failed. After it failed, we wanted to jump straight to IVF but Dr Yap advised another round of IUI, this time with injections. After 9 days of self injection followed by IUI, we found ourselves pregnant and I'm now more than 14 weeks along! Dr Yap kept saying IUI can have pleasant surprises and he's right! We feel very very lucky and blessed =)

Regarding testing, I've always tested ard 10 dpo. Just get those early pregnancy test kit eg Fortel brand from Watsons. Worked well for me.

Anyway, IUI does work. Don't give up hope everyone. Good luck and take care!
Hi Tiggeroo, Thanks for sharing... I am also with Dr Yap and its gd to hear gd news like urs... Was that ur 2nd cycle of IUI?

Tiggeroo

Hi Kevangie, yes we succeeded on our 2nd IUI try. Is this your 1st IUI?

Do note that even Dr Yap says IUI succcess rate is only about 7-8% compared to ~40% for IVF. Good luck! Hope you have good news very soon!

min81

Hi mini81,

U r already 17dpiui? Do u know ur Luteal Phase is usually how long? Example, I always have my menses 13dpo... Cos I feel that 17dpiui is not tat early to test already... But of cos, if u just want to wait awhile more, tat is gd too. I am also in my 2ww... and I started feeling soreness in my breasts at 3dpiui... I also have cramps on and off and twinges on my lower stomach.

Anyway... Gd luck and baby dust to u.... Hope to hear ur gd news soon...
Hi kevangie,

Finally tested today on 20dpIUI.. Used the clearblue digital test kit.. Positive!! 3 wks preggy! Gonna test again tmr, den make appt to confirm at doctor's.. praying things will go smoothly from here..

Hoping to hear gd news from u soon too k :)

Lotsa babydust to all the ladies here!

Mopeey

Congrats Tiggeroo & min81!!! Happy to always hear good news here!

I'm now 9 days past my menses due date. Have taken one HPT and got a -ve. Gonna try again next week. Having some preggers symptoms, so am praying, praying, praying very hard!

onedollar

Hi there - We went for fertility tests etc. after trying to conceive naturally for 3 years. Everything was normal other than low progesterone on my side. Then I went for hormone therapy, but still couldn't conceive after 1 year.

So we decided to give IUI a try - we like the fact that it's a quick painless procedure and that the insemination is occurring naturally. I went to Dr. Stephen Chew. We missed the timing a lil bit in the first cycle, and got pregnant the second cycle. $550 for each IUI procedure and $80 for the egg-releasing hormone injection. Several hundred bucks for the fertility tests and HSG scan (to make sure that your falopian tube isn't blocked)

min81

Hi ladies,

Feel very lucky to have succeeded on my first IUI.. Must be cos of all the best wishes from my close frens n the ladies here.. Thank u so much.. Had my scan at 5+ wks n saw the gestational sac.. Dr says hope to hear the heartbeat at 7 wks.. So anxiously waiting n praying all will be fine.. My hubby n I have not told anyone in the family yet..

Best of luck to all the ladies here who are trying!! Want to share my luck with all of you :)

lachesis

Hello all,

Am pretty new here in the Forum, been reading a lot. Hubby and I have been trying to concieve for 1 year now. Tried traditional chinese medicine, charting temperature, using ovulation monitor, but with no success.

Saw gynae at KK and was put on Clomid, but also not successful. Went to see Dr. Sadhana (also KK), who looked at all our results and said ours was case a case of unexplained infertility! :err: Like Mopeey, I'm also on the wrong side of 35 already... So the clock is ticking.... The doctor suggested we try one round of SO-IUI before trying IVF.

So, today is day 4 of the Puregon jabs. Didn't experience much in terms of side effects, but then got the flu on Tues so any symptoms might have gotten mixed up with the flu ones. Haha. Going in for scan tomorrow morning to see if the follicles are developing well. Really hope I have min81's luck! How's things going min81?

Well, all the best to all the ladies out there - babydust to all. Will keep you all posted on the results.

lachesis

Hello everyone,

It's been a whirlwind week! Went in for the scan last Fri - follicles only 12.5mm, so was asked to get a 2nd box of Puregon. Was also given the OPK to check if I'm ovulating. It was NEGATIVE on Sat, though the biggest follicle had grown to 15mm. But OPK was negative again on Sun (was a bit disappointed on Sun... sigh)

No side effects from the injections etc so far.

Went back to KKH again today (good thing it's not too far from our place). OPK was POSITIVE. Yay. Biggest follicle has grown to 19mm. Yay again! So was given the Pregnyl jab today, and the insemination tomorrow will be done tomorrow!! So excited and nervous at the same time!!

Last edited:

lachesis

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Oh, wanted to get some advice from the ladies out there- collected the Progesterone tablets today... any advice on whether it's better to put them in 'front' or 'behind'? [/FONT][/FONT]:err:

sphyaw

I assume you stand a good chance if you are given the progesterone inserts. front or behind is your choice actually. i go with front cos it is easier to insert.

GWMT

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. I just completed IUI on last friday, 22 June. Going thru 2ww is toturing... anybody tried first time IUI and succeed? My hubby after sperm wash, sperm count was only 4M, 99% Motility and 3% morphology.

Is my chance to get pg high?

Im nervous...