IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

Dandelion

Hi, can someone explain how HSG is administered? I've done 1 cycle of IUI but I do not remember doing HSG? Basically took some blood tests before and after menses, ultrasound and HUsband's semen analysis. Anyway, it was a failed cycle. Did it in January this year.

Is it a painful process? What should I be expecting? I'll be going for HSG test when my next AF comes.

Thanks. :)

Lucas & Giselle

Sad..Menses come today..2nd IUI oso fail.....Think i need to rest..Realli cannot take the pain...so much pain....in my heart..cry during morning when my husband gone for work...try to stop the tear and prepare for work.but the tear juz like droplet just swept along ......................think i need to rest...

U gals juz keep up the good work...i need some time to stable myself..:embarrassed:

ektin

Hello,

I am new to this forum.
I would like to know if anyone encounter and adnormal in the mensu cycle after IUI?

:err:

angelzuzu

Hi Lucas and Giselle,

I can understand the pain and disappointment that you are going through currently. I have just finished my 3rd SO-IUI procedure last week, am waiting for the results to come out next week. Hopefully is a positive one. =)
When my first two SO-IUI failed, we stopped for a month to first recuperate our physical and mental well being. I have also quit my job to just concentrate on this SO-IUI procedure.Due to the expectation that I have, when the menses just came unexpectedly for the 1st 2 times, I was really crying my hearts out. No matter how much of consolation I had from my hubby, friends and family members, I still feel very upset.Questions like what's actually wrong with me? Why it happens to me when others can get pregnant easily? I tend to self-blame myself. No one actually understand what emotional struggles and physical discomfort we had unless one really go through it. It is a challenging process indeed.

As I have very sensitive skin, the tummy area break out into rashes due to the Puregon injection and the body parts that I had my acupunture also break out into rashes. Never mention about the bloatedness after the IUI.

However, during the 1 month break, I took on another perspective in the whole process. I took things on a lighter approach. I told myself that " Go through the 3rd round, if is unsuccessful, we will just let nature take its course but continue with traditional chinese medicine to condition our body.Everything happens for a reason, sometimes failure may just be a blessing in disguise."

Hope my sharing helps. All the best to you and hubby and do take care! =)

Lucas & Giselle

Thanks angelzuzu, I had try my bery best to get over it. Now treat it as normal as can be. Thanks alots for the concern. We need to JIA YU.:wong29:
I thinking to let it go normal for few month and see how.

Lets work hard on it.

poknat

May I ask who your gynae is? my hubby and i is considering IUI. My hubby has sperm count :-(

Thanks angelzuzu, I had try my bery best to get over it. Now treat it as normal as can be. Thanks alots for the concern. We need to JIA YU.:wong29:
I thinking to let it go normal for few month and see how.

Lets work hard on it.

Tzac2005

Hi

Is the thread still alive? Hugs to those who have tried but do not give up. I think one day we will succeed. I hv been through 2 cycles of ivf and failed. Now going to tcm to tiao my body n hopefully will succeed when i go for another fresh cycle in sep. Anyone in tcm in raffles? Do you take the chinese medication from tcm?

angelzuzu

Hi Tzac2005,

My menses came last weekend, ie. my 3rd try of IUI failed. I am seeing the TCM at Thomson Medical. During my 3 IUI, I am doing acupunture coz can't eat Chinese medicine during the procedure. Currently, I am on Chinese medication to tiao my body. =)

Btw, u mentioned you have done 2 IVFs, may I know whether any side effects after the injections, ie. bloatedness or discomfort? How long does does the operation takes and need how long to recover after the implant? Lastly, where do you get your IVF done? Sorry for the many questions.

Thanks for sharing. Take care!

Last edited:

kiwi kiwi

:tlaugh:Hi, everbody

I having IVF started next month? Can any body give mi advice is it often need to take leave 4 doing IVF as I'm currenlty working? How long is the whole process?

Shashan

:tlaugh:Hi, everbody

I having IVF started next month? Can any body give mi advice is it often need to take leave 4 doing IVF as I'm currenlty working? How long is the whole process?
hi, shashan here. It's quite troublesome to do ivf, cause once u start injections, hav to go back to hospital almost every week yo do scanning. How long is the whole procedure depends on how long fo u need to do the injection, usually a month.

kiwi kiwi

Hi Shanshan,

Thks for your advice. btw how much do we need to pay for the injection? by cash or can use medisave straight away? My working hours is 8.30 to 5.30, is it possible to arrange to scanning after tat timing? from being inject till extract n put back the egg, how much cash do we need to fork out?
Sorry 4 2 many ??? to ask from u.

thks

Hi Shanshan,

Thks for your advice. btw how much do we need to pay for the injection? by cash or can use medisave straight away? My working hours is 8.30 to 5.30, is it possible to arrange to scanning after that timing? from being inject till extract n put back the egg, how much cash do we need to fork out?
Sorry 4 2 many ??? to ask from you.

thks
My working hrs is same as yours. The lurin and puregon injection is DIY. The nurse will guide you. Only pregynl will need to be done at 24hrs women clinic. The scanning is usually done only in the morning. You can come after 7.45am, scanning begin 8am. Scanning and consultation will not exceed 9am if you are the 1st to arrive. You can request for morning time-off (2hrs), no need take leave. I'm not sure how many times we need to scan during lurin stage but for puregon stage, scan begin after 5days injection and monitor growth every 2days until mature. Depends on your body how fast your follicles grow and if need to increase dosage.

Last edited:

kiwi kiwi

My working hours is same as yours. The lurin and puregon injection is DIY. The nurse will guide you. Only pregynl will need to be done at 24hrs women clinic. The scanning is usually done only in the morning. You can come after 7.45am, scanning begin 8am. Scanning and consultation will not exceed 9am if you are the 1st to arrive. You can request for morning time-off (2hrs), no need take leave. I'm not sure how many times we need to scan during lurin stage but for puregon stage, scan begin after 5days injection and monitor growth every 2days until mature. Depends on your body how fast your follicles grow and if need to increase dosage.
Hi everybody

Can anybody advs mi during puregon state, when we went back 4 1st scan/2nd scan or 3rd scan, after doing the scanning, do we need to see the doctor or only the nurse will attend to us?

Hopefuls

Hi all, i'm new to this forum and i've just done my first IUI at TMC, been experiencing cramps since then, cant stand for long or sleep well. its like menstrual cramps but worse...dun know how long its gonna last....anyone with same experience can advise...

Hi all, i'm new to this forum and i've just done my first IUI at Thomson Medical Center, been experiencing cramps since then, cant stand for long or sleep well. its like menstrual cramps but worse...dont know how long its gonna last....anyone with same experience can advise...
Hi Hopeful, after IUI you will feel very bloated/cramp due to pregnyl jab. My suggestion to you is to eat 3-4 raw egg-whites or drink immunocal. The cramps will slowly subside within 1wk.

Hi everybody

Can anybody advs mi during puregon state, when we went back 4 1st scan/2nd scan or 3rd scan, after doing the scanning, do we need to see the doctor or only the nurse will attend to us?
Hi kiwi, during puregon stage.. you need to visit clinic for scanning 1-3x a week. After scanning, you will be review by the doctor same day. If the doctor-in-charge is not available, the nurse will advise you. I heard from other sistas.. Dr Loh will only attend to you during 1st consult, ER, ET and after BFP/BFN. What is you current stage now? I'll start lucrin on 08Sep.

Babylicious Jo21

Hello Ladies, can I join you?

A quick intro on myself:
TTC: 2 yrs plus
1st IUI on 20 Aug...
I'm in my 2ww oso.
I have some light brown spotting today...think it is AF? So worried.

Noop

Hi Babylicious, could it be implatation spotting? :)

I just had my 2nd IUI done last Wed 25th Aug. Till now I have cramps on and off but no symptoms whatsoever. So am pretty worried myself :embarrassed:

Trying to conceive is really a lonely journey at times :( So I was hopping to know some close friends here to encourage and help one another :)