IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

Hello Ladies, can I join you?

A quick intro on myself:
trying to concieve: 2 yrs plus
1st IUI on 20 Aug...
I'm in my 2ww also.
I have some light brown spotting today...think it is AF? So worried.
Hi Babylicious, some women experience spotting 7-11days after implantation. Are you on any support after IUI? I was progestrone inserts for 17days during my previous so-iui but unfortunately AF arrive once I completed the course. Do monitor the flow and if you are very worried call your gynae.

Hi Babylicious, could it be implatation spotting? :)

I just had my 2nd IUI done last Wed 25th Aug. Till now I have cramps on and off but no symptoms whatsoever. So am pretty worried myself :embarrassed:

Trying to conceive is really a lonely journey at times :( So I was hopping to know some close friends here to encourage and help one another :)
Hi Noop, you can visit singaporemotherhoodforum.com The sistas in the forum are very supportive and you may even find cycle buddies. I failed my 1st IUI in Mar and book IVF in Aug. Now waiting to start my suppression stage next week.

Babylicious Jo21

Hi Noop & minakochang, so sad...my af came today. 1st IUI failed...feel like i'm a let down to my DH.

minakochang, i'm on natural IUI...my gynae did not give me any support at all...am I suppose to have any support? pls advice.

Now really at a lose. Dunno what should be my next step...another IUI or IVF????

Pls advise sistas....thks.

Babylicious Jo21

Noop, I totally agree with u that TTC is really a lonely journey...that's y I came to this forum to look for some budds who are on the same journey as me. Think nobody understands us better than those on the same 'BOAT'.

Hi Noop & minakochang, so sad...my af came today. 1st IUI failed...feel like i'm a let down to my dear husband.

minakochang, i'm on natural IUI...my gynae did not give me any support at all...am I suppose to have any support? pls advice.

Now really at a lose. dont know what should be my next step...another IUI or IVF????

Pls advise sistas....thks.
Hi Babylicious, do not be sad.. success rate for natural iui is 10%, even with medication is only 20%. Only IVF have the highest success rate 30-40%. I failed my so-iui in Mar too and I understand what you are going through. May I ask how long is your ttc journey? Where did you had your iui done? Did you had blood test to check yr hormones level? Did you do HSG/laparoscopy to check for blockage in fallopain tubes or endometrosis? What is the result of your DH SA (semen analysis) result?

Last edited:

Babylicious Jo21

Hi minakochang, I've been TTCing for 2yrs already. Went for removal of endometriosis on one of my ovaries in oct last yr. Cont with TTCing but still no news and my gynae requested for a hsg done in Jul this yr which found one side of my tube to be partly blocked. Thus she suggested IUI. My hormone levels are fine and I've been ovulating regularly after clearing my endo. DH SA turns out to be fine oso except for morphology which doc said is just slight below the norm.

Where should I go from here? Cont with IUI or opt for IVF?

Hi minakochang, I've been TTCing for 2yrs already. Went for removal of endometriosis on one of my ovaries in oct last yr. Cont with TTCing but still no news and my gynae requested for a hsg done in Jul this yr which found one side of my tube to be partly blocked. Thus she suggested IUI. My hormone levels are fine and I've been ovulating regularly after clearing my endo. dear husband SA turns out to be fine also except for morphology which doc said is just slight below the norm.

Where should I go from here? Cont with IUI or opt for IVF?
Hi babylicious, I've been ttc for almost 5yrs. I've undergo almost all possible treatments before we decide ivf. I took clomid for more than 6cycles, done HSG, laporoscopy and even TCM. After failed my 1st so-iui in Mar.. we decide to proceed ivf straight away. I'm into my 6th yr of marriage and didn't want to wait anymore.

It all depends on both of you, if you still have time and age is not a factor. Since you failed natural iui, you want to try so-iui first (medicated iui - either with oral pills (clomid) or injection (puregon). I would suggest you to try other non-invasive treatment first. Because IVF is very tedious, costly and mental draining.

Babylicious Jo21

minakochang, u really are a woman of strength...think i should learn from u...not to be so dishearten by just a failure...as the chinese saying goes...failure is the mother of success...i''m sure u n all ladies TTC will get their well deserved BFP...hehe...not forgetting me too

Babylicious Jo21

minakochang, right now, i'm with NUH under dr Anulpriya...every heard of her??? when I had my IUI, i had already ovulated the prev day. Is that the standard protocol for IUI? Any idea?

minakochang, right now, i'm with NUH under dr Anulpriya...every heard of her??? when I had my IUI, i had already ovulated the prev day. Is that the standard protocol for IUI? Any idea?
Babylicious, I'm under Marianne Hendrick for so-iui and under SF Loh for ivf in kkh.. How do you know you have ovulated before you did iui? Cos mine was medicated iui, I took puregon injection from cd2-11 until i have 2 mature follicles >15mm and womb lining >8mm. On cd12, they gave pregynl injection to induce ovulation and iui done on cd14. Iui was done with 30mil washed sperms. They gave me progesterone supports for next 17days. But alas i started spotting on 18th day along with heavy flow next day which is my blood test day.

Last edited:

Babylicious Jo21

minakochang, on D13 of my cycle, doc did u/s. I had 1 mature follicle at 16mm and womb lining was about 9mm. I was told to jab ovidrel on D14. On D16, the day of my IUI, doc did another u/s and told me I have already ovulated as the follicle had shrunk to 14mm. Told me I could have ovulated on D15. My DH's sperm count was around 30mil oso. After the IUI, I was not given any support at all. Was told to just go home and go back to NUH for BT 3 wks later.

Haiz....however, AF came on D29. That's y I tot of checking with u the protocol of IUI.

minakochang, on D13 of my cycle, doc did you/s. I had 1 mature follicle at 16mm and womb lining was about 9mm. I was told to jab ovidrel on D14. On D16, the day of my IUI, doc did another you/s and told me I have already ovulated as the follicle had shrunk to 14mm. Told me I could have ovulated on D15. My dear husband's sperm count was around 30mil also. After the IUI, I was not given any support at all. Was told to just go home and go back to NUH for BT 3 wks later.

sigh....however, AF came on D29. That's y I thought of checking with you the protocol of IUI.
Sorry.. I not able to advise becos I did not do u/s on day of iui.. But during my stimulating stage, one of my follicle also shrink so more injections is needed to mature another follicle. Usually they try to mature 2 follicles to max success rate but I believe iui is timed exactly at point of ovulation so I'm not sure if that is the usual protocol, why dun you check with your gynae?

anttan

hi gal! just discovered that my hubby suffers from servered teratozoospermia and the test was 2.5yrs ago! i felt so stupid to believe that gynae's words which says is normal... hated myself for not done the research online earlier on...

now was hoping that hubby will agree to do another test 2 mths later to see if there's any improvement... for the time being, think i'll go to see TCM for both of us..

anyone can advise what might caused this prob and wat can be done to improve? as i saw websites that they said there's nothing to cure for this prob...

anttan

Hi, just to share...

i've asked a TCM thru email on teratozoospermia.. his reply was, this was due to kidney function with the lact of yin/yang, etc... saying acupunture might be able to help to improve...

if not, can go to thong chai medical institute whereby they have this similar case also... or can do ICSI....

i was thinking to bring my hubby down for acupuncture to see how first... for his case, the TCM say will try to help my hubby and first treatment session is 5 weeks and need to do acupunture twice a week during this period and see how...

not really cheap but hope that he can help to improve his condition...

hope that i did help some of u here with the same probs...

Shashan

My working hours is same as yours. The lurin and puregon injection is DIY. The nurse will guide you. Only pregynl will need to be done at 24hrs women clinic. The scanning is usually done only in the morning. You can come after 7.45am, scanning begin 8am. Scanning and consultation will not exceed 9am if you are the 1st to arrive. You can request for morning time-off (2hrs), no need take leave. I'm not sure how many times we need to scan during lurin stage but for puregon stage, scan begin after 5days injection and monitor growth every 2days until mature. Depends on your body how fast your follicles grow and if need to increase dosage.

Hi, sorry for late reply. Recently quite busy. The medication u hav to pay it first, it cost about 2 to 6k depends on the dosage u need. After the whole process done, then hospital will claim for u from medisave if u still have enough amount to claim

Shashan

Hi Shanshan,

Thks for your advice. btw how much do we need to pay for the injection? by cash or can use medisave straight away? My working hours is 8.30 to 5.30, is it possible to arrange to scanning after that timing? from being inject till extract n put back the egg, how much cash do we need to fork out?
Sorry 4 2 many ??? to ask from you.

thks
Hi, sorry for late reply. Recently quite busy. The medication you hav to pay it first, it cost about 2 to 6k depends on the dosage you need. After the whole process done, then hospital will claim for you from medisave if you still have enough amount to claim

Chatterbox

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about it. Hope you'll success in your next attempt.
Hi all, I'm a newbie here. Thanks for minakochang for pointing me to this place. This is my day 6 after embryo transfer. Past few night had gruelling pain throughout the night. Now pain subsided and feeling better. Reading all of your posts really help me lower my anxiety and make sense of what is going on.

Shashan

Hi all, I'm a newbie here. Thanks for minakochang for pointing me to this place. This is my day 6 after embryo transfer. Past few night had gruelling pain throughout the night. Now pain subsided and feeling better. Reading all of your posts really help me lower my anxiety and make sense of what is going on.
Always remind yourself must relax... U yr mood unstable, may affect implantation. By the way, where u hav yr ivf done?
Do u mind to share with me what r the problem u r facing?
Wish u good luck!

Chatterbox

Always remind yourself must relax... you yr mood unstable, may affect implantation. By the way, where you hav yr ivf done?
Do you mind to share with me what r the problem you r facing?
Wish you good luck!
Hi Shashan, thanks for your reply. Yup I know my mood may affect implantation. That's why I'm so upset with myself when I am anxious. I did my two cycles in KK after being referred by my gynae. I had an ectopic before and couldn't conceive after that. Did three IUI to no avail too. Was impressed with KK's professionalism in handling my case. But if this IVF still failed, I'd try private.