IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

ektin

Hello Ladies,

I am new to this thread and going for start IVF this month... i am getting more nervous.... Can anyone advice what should i do to get myself prepared for IVF :embarrassed:

ektin

For subsidized patient, you only pay 50% of consultation fees. Last time assign to Dr Hendricks Marianne (consultant) after govt subsidy is $20+. Now switch to Dr SF Loh (Head & Senior Consultant), his consultation fees alone is $80+. Luckily, only see him 2x. First time when I request for transfer and 2nd time after failed ivf. 2nd time slightly cheaper about $60+. If you chose TPS, need to pay $10 more on top of private rates but shorter waiting time.
Hello Minako,
May I know what do u meant TPS. I am with Dr Loh too and pay private rates. The queuing time is long although you had an appt fix... Just wonder is there any way for shorter wait instead.

LuvMummy

Hi everyone....

I am very new here.. Anyone of u tried IUI and it was a success? I did my IUI on 28Dec. It just happened that day I was ovulating and the gynae said it was a very good time.... Now I am on 2WW and very nervous.... I am hoping for a success....
However, since the day I had my IUI, I had lower right abdominal cramping when I sit too long and smtimes I had back pains too...

Anyone has any advice or recommendations.... I am reallya anxious and afraid that it might fail
Hello Adnil,
I tot of trying the IUI ~ (i heard the costs is about 400 to 500 bucks)... am now visiting Dr. Tho (London Clinic @ Jrg East).. my BBT chart shows that i am not ovulating well :(

Dr. Tho has given me clomid for 3 cycles. only the 2nd cycle i managed to ovulate... the first & 3rd cycle i didnt ovulate at all :(

and nw dr. tho doubled my clomid intake for 1 cycle. and plus i have to take blood test :(

is there any way i can ovulate as per normal? sob sob ...

lulu

I just did my IVF @ Mt E. Gynae: Dr Charles MP Lim, #13-02. Succeeded on first cycle.

Did 3x IUI @ TMC in 2009 but failed.

shijiaxin

hi there i am new in IVF here...

as i got twice Ectopic Pregnancy but my tubes are still in tact, my gynae and TCM suggested me to go IVF as the possibility for me to get Ectopic Pregnancy is 101%.
I will dare to say that my husband and I are healthy, but my tubes are the issue.....so may i know the procedure for couples with healthy semen and eggs? and roughly what the cost for it?

HCL

:blue:Hi everyone,

Are there anyone who is doing IVF/IUI in this forum? Please post
your discussion here.

For a start I am one who just recently did my IVF and now
waiting for results for the 2WW. (2 week wait).

Hope to meet more cycle buddies here.

Cheers.
Angel
:Dancing_wub:
is it painful?

karentey75

Hi Im new here. 1st try of IVF fresh cycle at KK and my doctor is Dr SF Loh. Am now in the dreadful 2ww period. ET done on Monday 21 Feb & on pregnyl jabs once every 3 days from 21 Feb.... my period should be due by end this week and I am quite worried that it will come cos I have this crampy feeling but I also heard that pregnyl injections will cause abit of cramping...so not sure which is which....wondering if anyone can share their experience...eg..any symptoms etc?

Hi Im new here. 1st try of IVF fresh cycle at KK and my doctor is Dr SF Loh. Am now in the dreadful 2ww period. ET done on Monday 21 Feb & on pregnyl jabs once every 3 days from 21 Feb.... my period should be due by end this week and I am quite worried that it will come cos I have this crampy feeling but I also heard that pregnyl injections will cause abit of cramping...so not sure which is which....wondering if anyone can share their experience...eg..any symptoms etc?
Pls come to this forum, its more active.. There are many sisters in 2ww tis mth http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/154014.html?1291342568

snow1

Hi there,

i am in 2ww now. Did ET on 25 Feb...
the waiting is dreadful, luckily there is always internet at home for me to pass my time :)

Anyone in 2ww here too?

snow

Happy Family

Hi my 2nd attempt of iui failed :( thot i was pregnant when my menses didn't come but..... So disappointd and discouraging...... Discussed with hubby will try ivf instead have called and make appt.

shijiaxin

really?
any more for recommendation?

is there any consultation fee for first time visit? during first time visit what will they need to do?

and for IVF can we choose gender? as thinking to try once and for all if possible...

Dear shijiaxin, for KK hospital i've heard and read alot of recommendations on Dr SF Loh.

sudhi

Hi all,

I am also sailing on the same ship...

Now I wanted to know something before I go for IUI.. although my Dr Lee Lih Charn(KKH) saying try for some more time but I can not wait any more ( waited 3 Yrs already).

Hope I can get all the details and how much are the chances get a baby with us?

Regards and Gud Luch
Sudhi

lilwhitedress

I've been trying to conceive since in year 2007 but unsuccessful. Went for thoroughly check up from Dr Sharmini Nair (KKH) but was being referred to Dr SF Loh as she has already left to Raffles Hospital.

During our appointment wif Dr SF Loh and went thru so many tests, and the Results turn out to be in pretty good condition, i do have 35 eggs each and husby also have a normal sperms. We tried to conceive naturally by taking clomiphene twice but unsuccessful. So Dr SF Loh suggest me for test tube baby which is IVF.

So here we are, at KKIVF centre, I am one who just recently did my IVF for my 1st cycle and now i am on my 3rd day of Lucrin.

Need to know more about the experience of doing IVF and hope to have more friends in here.

Thank you

Regards,
Lil White Dress

Last edited: