IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

lilwhitedress

Hi all,

I am also sailing on the same ship...

Now I wanted to know something before I go for IUI.. although my Dr Lee Lih Charn(Kandang Kerbau Hospital) saying try for some more time but I can not wait any more ( waited 3 Yrs already).

Hope I can get all the details and how much are the chances get a baby with us?

Regards and Gud Luch
Sudhi
[Replied: 3years is kinda long. I suggest U should go for Dr SF Loh. he is the Head & Senior Consultant (Reproductive Medicine, IVF, Laparoscopy & Hystero) and tell u he's good and a very professional doctor. He knows what best for you and husby. He even told me, 3yrs is long... by right we should come and see him during our 1yr of marriage... but its not too late for us to see him now..]

lilwhitedress

really?
any more for recommendation?

is there any consultation fee for first time visit? during first time visit what will they need to do?

and for IVF can we choose gender? as thinking to try once and for all if possible...

Dear shijiaxin, I suggest and recommend you to Dr SF Loh (KKH) he is the Head & Senior Consultant (Reproductive Medicine, IVF, Laparoscopy & Hystero) he's good and a very professional doctor.

chrish

hi! I am joining you gals here too. I'll be having my 1st appointment with the hospital on 30th May..nervous!

shijiaxin

Hi lilwhiteddress

Thanks for ur recommendation
But roughly what is the first appt going to? And procedure?

Dear shijiaxin, I suggest and recommend you to Dr SF Loh (Kandang Kerbau Hospital) he is the Head & Senior Consultant (Reproductive Medicine, IVF, Laparoscopy & Hystero) he's good and a very professional doctor.

Happy Family

My husband and I have decided to do IVF at KK hospital with Dr SF Loh after trying naturally and iui for many times. First of all, need to do blood test first which is tomorrow on my 2nd day of menses, then was advised by the nurse to come back 21 days later after my menses for scanning.

KirstenQ

Hi All,

I really need some advice on when I should make the decision to try for IUI/ICSI/IVF

I need to know if anyone is in the same/similar boat and can offer me some advice/comfort from your experience:

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 4 months without success. I know this is a short period but we decided to just send his Semen for an analysis to find out if there was anything wrong.

Turns out he has healthy sperm count & motility...however his Morphology is only 1% which and was diagnosed with "teratozoospermia" which is a condition whereby majority of his sperms forming is abnormal (and only 1% of his sperm is viable for a successful conception to take place).

This really saddened me. Strangely, the Doctor told me that I still have a 'high chance' of conceiving cos i am young, regular periods & ovulation, and his sperm count is still high so even 1% is still enough to conceive - just that it might take us longer than usual to conceive.

When I googled online about this condition, people in the same boat ended up having to go for IUI and some can't even do IUI they have to immediately take the IVF route.

Now I'm just confused...how long should we try naturally before taking the alternative routes?

Husband is now taking supplements and herbal remedy provided by the clinic and he is to retake his test again in 3months time.

I Hoping for the best.

Any advice is appreciated

makarios

Hi ladies,

Just to encourage those who are trying...:wesmile:I did 3 IUIs in 2007 and was blessed to be pregnant on my 3rd try. I took my 1st IUI's failure the hardest. Became v emotional. Took a lot of courage to take the 2nd one. To keep hoping for positive result really drained me emotionally. But hubby encouraged me and we really desire a child of our own so we went for my 3rd. It was a miracle cos my hubby have varicole sperms and I have PCOS, adenomyosis and uterine fibroids. But I was not comfortable with IVF so IUI was my last frontier. And God really gives! Now my sweet daughter is 2.5yo.

We are currently trying our 2nd one. I'm on my 3rd injection to shrink my womb cos my hormonal imbalance caused my womb to swell to 2.5 time normal. The hormonal injection has the menopausal side effects. Gets me pretty irritable esp facing my 2yo day in and day out. Will be doing the IUI again in May or June.

So jia you!

Quaver

KirstenQ, my husband has 1% morphology. We tried 3 IUI without success, so we are moving onto IVF (ICSI). Unlike your husband, mine has low count too.

Good luck:)

lilwhitedress

Hi Shijiaxin,

Basically, they will ask to go for thoroughly check up for both husband and wife. After the result came out then d gynae will tell u what is the best option/ treatment for you and husband.

For myself and husband, both are normal. I do have 35 eggs in each womb. husband sperm count is normal. it juz that its not the time yet for us so we tried to take natural way 1st by taking clomiphene prescribe by Dr SF Loh. Did twice. but unsuccessul so we left with no choice but to proceed with the IVF.

And yes I am on my 2nd stage starting 2mrw.

Hi lilwhiteddress

Thanks for ur recommendation
But roughly what is the first appt going to? And procedure?

lilwhitedress

Dear Mummies,

I am going for my 2nd stage of Lucrin & Puregon jab. Am hoping everything goes well for me. Next week need to come back to KKH for ultrasound again to see if my follicles has grow. Hoping it will grow. *Cross finger*

Once it grows, they can start to collect my eggs. Am all excited but at the same time i am nervous. scared its gonna be unsuccessful.

Wish me a very good luck mummies.... :Dancing_wub:

Divs

Hi everyone i'm new here. I've done my 4th time iui on 25 April'11. Cant wait to find out the result !!

Quaver

Good luck Divs:Dancing_wub:

I did my IVF and got BFN today:07: It cost around $15,000...
Does KK hospital do IVF cheaper? Are there a long waiting list?

Divs

Thanks Quaver!! I got my periods 2 days ago :(

Now will go for IVF. I am doing it at NUH with Prof PC Wong. My next appointment is for 30th May to start the injections…
I think it costs around $13k in NUH.

Whats BFN?? Good luck!!

Divs

Sorry hear about your period :( i can imagine the disappointment.

where did you do your IVF? I am going to NUH.