IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

Hi girls
Just want to share my joy. Today clinic called me and confirmed that I am preggie. I was tearsing when I told my hubby the news....
Going to visit gynae on Fri.....
Let's jia yu ok?

Hi DreamBB
tks tks. I am not too sure my HCG level for today. But when I tested on Monday, nurse told me HCG is 3 that's wht they want me to do another blood test today. this afternoon they called me to congra that I am preggie but didn't mention abt HCG?
How abt u?

DreamBB

Hi DreamBB
tks tks. I am not too sure my HCG level for today. But when I tested on Monday, nurse told me HCG is 3 that's wht they want me to do another blood test today. this afternoon they called me to congra that I am preggie but didn't mention abt HCG?
How abt u?
Hi Liaocarol11,
I tested yesterday. Mine is 945 for 4 weeks pregnant. I have no idea for HCG level but doctor said is good .

Dreambaby
Seems like ur level and my level r totally measurement... I will ask doc again this Fri.
So how soon did u know positive result after IUI? And did u get spotting? This afternoon I still got brown spotting through... Worry though....

DreamBB

Hi Liaocarol11,
The nurse asked me to test on day 18 ( count on IUI day ) but I tested on day 17 and it shown positive .
My IUI done on 14/10/2011, eggs released on 16/10/2011, tested positive on 30/10/2011.
No brown spotting so far but yellow n white mucus came out.

Hello ladies!

I am new here.
Just had my first IUI done on 20th Oct 2011. Was on Puregon injections, had the trigger shot 2 days before the procedure n when I had the scan on the day during my iui, doc said I have ovulated.

Tested this morning at hm but was negative, I feel v disappointed n puzzled why menses is not here yet. I had cramping since my IUI, but these 2-3 days seems like not so much cramping, more like slight tighness in the abdomen. Had sore swollen breasts since abt one wk ago but these 2 days breasts like softening not painful anymore. I also started feeling like no appetite n feel like vomitting these few days.

Do u think there is still a chance I may be preg? Are there people who have their menses more than 14days after they have ovulated? When shld I test again? I am scared to test again as worried result may still be the same n had to deal w the disappointment again. But on the other hand, I think each day when my menses didn't come, I wld wish to test again. Haiz...

Need ur advice! Thks!

serene78

Just keep testing every day once...

Nowadays I get very stress and in order not for my stress to affect my menses cycle, I have to test when my menses are about to come - else my body will make sure that my menses are delayed. Testing negative seems to make me accept the truth, so usually after testing, my menses will come next day.

For me, it is better to know the truth earlier - who knows, perhaps you will see it positive, since HCG will take time to multiply and show on the HPT. Good Luck!

Hi Pototo Lover
I am also done my IUI on 21 Oct. 10days after IUI, I went to do blood test, and D12 went to do another blood test, result is positive.
I believe blood test is faster and accurate pregnancy test. Did ur doc ask u to o back and check?
We r abt the same time did the IUI, so I believe by now u should be able to know the result.

Hi serene78,

Thks for ur prompt reply. Yes you are right, think it does make me accept the truth. I tested a few times during my 3.5 yrs of trying n decided that i will only test when i am v v sure i shld be preg like when my menses is at least one wk late, so as not to waste money on the HPT kits. My menses also always comes the day after I have tested negative, maybe i was feeling v stressed n didnt realize it. Now I think I shld just test on 14dpiui onwards so that expectations do not escalate n thus the disappointments.

I tested again this morning n still negative, but was expecting a negative, so I dun feel as bad as yest morning. Now just wait for my menses to come or if a positive sign appears miraculously. Maybe cos I was on Puregon so menses coming abit later. Fingers crossed!

Hi liaocarol11,

Congrats! Is this ur first IUI? And y u need to go for 2 blood tests on Day 10 n 12 after IUI?

Nope, my doc asked me to do HPT 2wks after IUI if menses didn't come, and if neg n menses still doesn't come, test again 2 days later. But I can't rem what he said if 2 days later still neg n menses doesnt come then what I shld do, haha.

I think I shall just continue to test at home these few days. And if menses still doesn't come by Tue, think I will call the clinic on Tue n see what they say.

serene78

As long as menses are not here, everyday is a new hope... For me, I got the HPT from website that cost very cheap, $0.70 each... so can afford to test from DPO14 onwards. Today is my DPO13, and i tested negative. I did my 1st IUI last month and it is not successful. This month we try natural... and I was hoping for miracle as usual. Anyway, I do not want my menses to get delayed, as I am scheduled to do SO-IUI this dec - afraid that it may clash with KKH Closure from christmas to new year...
Guess in this road, there is a lot of hurdles for us to clear.. we can only wish for short term growth every now and then...
Happy that Carol n BBdream strike this month - makes me hopeful again about famous-for-low-success-rate IUI.
Cheers Ladies.. It will happen to us someday :)

hi neohbeehong

do you go back for blood test on d6/7, any idea for what?

thank you
I went on d8 for blood progesterone, as I know to check the progesterone level had produced from our body. Progesterone hormone plays a role in maintaining pregnancy. As I been told by KK nurse, I meet the level so no need to increase pregynl & continue to inject.

How about you?How is your result?

Last edited: