IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

babymoo

Thanks makino, I'm doing my ivf @ Thomson medical... With dr cheng... It's my first ivf ...At least ur hubby swimmers r gd... For mine my hubby sperm count is low so ivf is much better choice for me.
Crossing my fingers hope for the best ^_^

makino

hey babymoo, how much are you expecting to pay for ivf at TMC? i just got a letter from KKH telling me Dr Loh will be leaving ~ and transferring me to some other dr ..

babymoo

ya dr loh is going to TMC....estimated 12k- 16k before cpf deduction...currently first meh i paid $500+ for all blood test and scanning. i paid another $190 on first visit to make sure I'm comfortable with the doc....if u no need tt first visit u just need to pay $500++ on the first cycle. =)

hey babymoo, how much are you expecting to pay for ivf at TMC? i just got a letter from KKH telling me Dr Loh will be leaving ~ and transferring me to some other dr ..

makino

wow, 12-16K .. and its my 2nd should i opt for one so that will be $2K medisave deduction = min 10K cold hard cash .. sigh .. it will take me a long time to top this back to my bank account .. i'm going for SO-IUI .. hope that works out for me .. i guess i will not need to go through another round of medical checks .. in fact, when i first saw Dr Loh, i didnt do any at all. I wrote a brief medical history and told him I've done all the neccessary tests when I was seeing Dr WK Tan at TMC, blood test, checking tubes, sperm etc .. cant believe im back to TMC again ..

babymoo

2nd time Medisave deduction is 5k... Not 2k.... Ya.... No need to go for another round of medical test... I just give him all the sperm test results for dr cheng to review... Hahaxxx... Mayb u just fated to b there ....
No choice I oso spend quite a fair sum in all these treatments but no choice ley... Money can b earn back... Nothing beats having a child

wow, 12-16K .. and its my 2nd should i opt for one so that will be $2K medisave deduction = min 10K cold hard cash .. sigh .. it will take me a long time to top this back to my bank account .. i'm going for SO-IUI .. hope that works out for me .. i guess i will not need to go through another round of medical checks .. in fact, when i first saw Dr Loh, i didnt do any at all. I wrote a brief medical history and told him I've done all the neccessary tests when I was seeing Dr WK Tan at TMC, blood test, checking tubes, sperm etc .. cant believe im back to TMC again ..

Elicia

hi mummies,

i have been thinking of doing IVF too for my 3rd bb. as i had done a ligation and will be remarry and try another bb with my hubby. Duno what will my chances be..

makino

2nd time Medisave deduction is 5k... Not 2k.... Ya.... No need to go for another round of medical test... I just give him all the sperm test results for dr cheng to review... Hahaxxx... Mayb u just fated to b there ....
No choice I oso spend quite a fair sum in all these treatments but no choice ley... Money can b earn back... Nothing beats having a child
oh yes thats right! thanks for yr reminder .. :)

bbbumpshop

Hi all,

We have ready stock for
>> BlueCross One Step LH Urine Ovulation Test
>> BlueCross One Step HCG Urine Pregnancy Test strips.

No minimum order!

Do drop by our blog baby Bump Shop for more information on these test strips.

Baby dust to all,
BBBumpShop

snoopy77

Hi all, kindly need your advice. I will do Ivf in march, & think to 'tiao' my body to be more healthy.
Anythings need to eat , to take note before this Ivf?

maddie

Dear Snoopy77,

Actually there is nothing to take note of before IVF...Just relax, be positive and happy. Don't eat cooling stuff like watermelon, papaya and pineapple. And also don't take soups that has all the melons in it. Remember not to mix chinese medicine together with western medicine after your embryo transfer. It will hurt the embbies in your uterus. That's what I know.

Will be going for my blood test tmr morning. Excited yet don't wanna know the result. LOL!!! Coz this time round there is no implantation bleeding as compared to the first time where there is a lot of bleeding. I don't know what does it mean. Ha Ha!

Hi all, kindly need your advice. I will do Ivf in march, & think to 'tiao' my body to be more healthy.
Anythings need to eat , to take note before this Ivf?

babymee

Hi all,

I'm new here. Planning to do IVF/ICIS end of this month so need to prep myself for it.

When i saw this forum... it was kinda of relax for me..... Tot i was the only one going thru all this but to see so many of us are here... I just wish and pray tat all of us here in this forum should have baby dust upon us by end of the year........

All the best ladies:red:

Hi all, just to share. I did my first round of ivf/icsi in kkh this feb with Dr Sadhana. Was with Dr Sf Loh but he left before I started my cycle. Everything was smooth, no over stimulation and no side effects for me and now, I'm 24 weeks pregnant ;-) We are very lucky to have strike the jackpot the first time round after trying for so many years and married for 7 years. I feel that support is very important and state of mind as well. Try to minimize stress from other areas of life so you can focus on this really important part of your life. And I did see a tcm for a few years before that to tiao my body so I guess that also contributes to the smooth journey. Other things that we've tried...fengshui hahahaa virtually all the orthodox and unorthodox methods, my husband said. Hang in there all!!

babymee

Hi Katherine57,

Happy to hear the good news. Hapi for you:Dancing_wub:I am also wit Dr Sadhana and I am starting my IVF procedures this mth end once my AF comes.

Just a question, was it Doc Sadhana who did the egg retrival for you?

And all the best for you.

babymee

Hi Katherine57,

Thank you so much for enlightening me. I am so afraid coz my 2 iui failed but having a high hope that this IVF will work out.

:smile:Thank you so much once again.........

babymee

Helo Katherine57,

Pls share your 2ww wait experience. Any food stuffs that you avoided during your IVF treatments? During your hospitalization leave, what is the best thing to do???

Since you are the latest mommy in this blog, i tot it will be useful to me and as well as others who are going thru IVF:)

Thank you for taking ur time and teaching others........God Bless You

Hi babymee,

Hmm I was drinking ensure milk daily because read from another forum that the selenium within helps in implantation but my other friend did that and it didn't help her case. I was taking tcm before that so naturally I avoided certain drinks like tea or cold drinks. Also quit my coffee addiction before I started the ivf process. In general, I try to eat more healthy food because you do not know if you are already pregnant. Try not to lift heavy stuff or be on the move too much though the nurses at kkh said its okay. Basically take things easy.

I think the 2 ww, I watched quite a bit of DVD hahaha and tried to keep myself happy. I switched to working part time last year so during the 2ww, I wasn't working so I think that helps with the stress part.

And not sure if this helps but I also prayed daily to Guanyin :) just adopted Buddhism after my fengshui renovation so was quite diligent in chanting sutra

babymee

Hi Katherine57,

Thanks for all the tips:) By the way just take care of yourself......

All the very Best to you.........