IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

ditiantai

Have u ever thought of enhancing the environment of your house to increase your fertility? I would like to share my story regarding this topic.
After the failure of trying to conceive for almost 2 yrs since the age of 33, i went to kk hospital to have a check up on my fertility. I was diagnosed that I have one tube blocked and there was no egg in my menses. So, confirmed that the infertility was my problem and my hubby was absolutely fertile. Doctor suggested we opt for ivf after 2months.
During the 'waiting period' I did lots of research about ivf. I understood that the success rate in my age maybe around 40-50%. But surely we still would like to give it a try. I was so stressed and never disclosed my infertility to any friends and relatives. During the waiting period, I read an article regarding the 'Environment and Fertility'. I invited a friend who is professional in the industry to audit the place we stayed as we wanted to enhance the success possibility of ivf desperately. He had a client went for ivf and failed for 5 times. With the adjustment of the client's place, the 6th ivf was finally success and the twins were delivered. After the audit of my place, i was really shocked and understood why we had difficulty in getting pregnant. Long story short, we adjusted those problematic sectors and miracle arrived. I got pregnant naturally within a month after we adjusted the environment of our place. The power and energy of environment are really having big impact on our life.

kitty

My friends went through IVF and some miscarriages, still didn't conceive. A friend recommended her moxibustion therapy, she succeeded in conceiving.

just sharing

Babyrooster

I just underwent iui this cycle.
Day 2 to 5 - On clomid
Day 13- Scan. 3-4 eggs avg 2cm, given an injection to release eggs. Doc say it's good cos he can see my lining
Day 14- (15/6)IUI. Doc n nurse say my hubby overall sperm quality n count is very good

**given progesterone to eat for dpo1-dpo20.

Dpo1 (16/6)*- cramps n brown bleeding
Dpo2 -(17/6)*slight uncomfy + very lite brown + headache
Dpo3- (18/6)* didn't sleep well + thirsty & pee alot
Dpo4- (19/6)* didn't sleep well + thirsty + pimples
Dpo5 - (20/6)*none + pimples still around.. Hungry
Dpo6 -(21/6)* highly emotional + super hungry at 6am, ate bahchormee for breakfast =O
Dpo7 - (22/6)* no symptoms , no cm
Dpo8 - (23/6)* no symptoms
Dpo9 - (24/6) *no symptoms
Dpo10 - (25/6)*light af cramps at 2am, gone after awhile, dream of implantation
Dpo11 - (26/6)* no symptoms , prayed at temple
Dpo12 -(27/6) *no symptoms
Dpo13 -(28/6)* af pain dreamt of bfp ,very bad diarrhea x6
Dpo14-(29/6) *woke up at 4am ,stomach discomfort, raw feeling , pimple :( uterus stretch, period due didn't come, BFN
Dpo15-(30/6) *breasts swollen n pain , slight af feeling , stabbing feeling uterus
Dpo16-(1/7) *breasts pain, tested BFN
Dpo18-(2/7)* af cramps , breasts swollen n slightly pain --- today

oh gosh I hope someone can tell me what's going on.
My cycle is averagely 28 days.
i am currently still on progesterone which I read may delay your period if it's suppose to come.

Did not experience :
implantation bleeding
Egg white cm or even increase in cm
pregnancy flu

just yellow cm during dpo1-7

Can someone tell me how these symptoms look n if implantation took place? I got so many times af feeling until I confused.
very stressed about it... Help save me please!

Last edited:

marian7

I was diagnosed with poor ovarian reserve and very bad prognosis of having a baby with my own eggs. I was even given the option to consider donor eggs. That was around july 2014. I was absolutely devastated with the news and I arranged an IVF for November 2014 and it failed also, given that I had nothing to lose, I contacted on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye) and he send me his herbal product,. Believe it or not… I am already pregnant!

Nessy

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Have been ttc for 2 years and haven't been successful. Seen a gynae and she diagnosed that I have PCOS. Started me on clomid treatment for a few months but to no avail. I'm thinking of trying TCM. Any recommendations? :)
Also thinking of trying Blackmores Conceive Well. Not sure if it helps? Has anyone tried it b4?

TryingAll

Have u ever thought of enhancing the environment of your house to increase your fertility? I would like to share my story regarding this topic.
After the failure of trying to conceive for almost 2 yrs since the age of 33, i went to kk hospital to have a check up on my fertility. I was diagnosed that I have one tube blocked and there was no egg in my menses. So, confirmed that the infertility was my problem and my hubby was absolutely fertile. Doctor suggested we opt for ivf after 2months.
During the 'waiting period' I did lots of research about ivf. I understood that the success rate in my age maybe around 40-50%. But surely we still would like to give it a try. I was so stressed and never disclosed my infertility to any friends and relatives. During the waiting period, I read an article regarding the 'Environment and Fertility'. I invited a friend who is professional in the industry to audit the place we stayed as we wanted to enhance the success possibility of ivf desperately. He had a client went for ivf and failed for 5 times. With the adjustment of the client's place, the 6th ivf was finally success and the twins were delivered. After the audit of my place,
i was really shocked and understood why we had difficulty in getting pregnant. Long story short, we adjusted those problematic sectors and miracle arrived. I got pregnant naturally within a month after we adjusted the environment of our place. The power and energy of environment are really having big impact on our life.
Thank you for posting this. My sister in law also had this same issue and she resolved it after visiting the medics. It is actually more common than you might think and is fixable.

IFWAH

Hi Ladies..

Me & DH have been TTC for almost 4 years now. This is our first attempt on ART. The first diagnosis I received was that one side of my tube was blocked after a HSG test. We rested quite a while and tried naturally at the same time. Until a year ago, we finally decided to give a try on SO-IUI/IVF. Did a HSG test, found out both tubes were normal. Dr suggested to try out for SO-IUI and so we did. Started my FSH injection on day 2 of cycle, came back on day 7. Follicles were growing at 11 being the biggest( 4 were active: 2 on left and 2 on right). Went back the next 4 days consecutively with fsh injections until the Friday, 3 March. Follicles were at the optimum size 17, 16.5, 16 & 15 with 11 and triple lining and tested positive on OPK. Was also given the Ovidrel. Went ahead with the procedure on Saturday 4th March. Came in the morning with an obvious sign of mild OHSS even before the insemination. Bloated to the max and breast was sore. Doc was fully aware and went ahead with the procedure still. Nurse told to come back if i had more severe symptoms. First few days after IUI I was experiencing abdo cramps and slight discomforts. Going into the 2nd week, no improvements on the huge belly(look like im 3 mths preggy), but the symptoms are heading in the directions of AF.

Im on 16dpo today, cycle supposed to begin on 14dpo as I am on 24days cycle. I have only been spotting on and off and tested negative on 14dpo. Technically I am 2 days late and spotting is unsual for my normal cycle. I am also on dydrogesterone given for the process. Could I be pregnant or my period is delayed due to the medication? My OHSS have not improved a single bit. Still looking 3 months preggy with that bloated abdomen.

Help anyone?

IFWAH

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Have been ttc for 2 years and haven't been successful. Seen a gynae and she diagnosed that I have PCOS. Started me on clomid treatment for a few months but to no avail. I'm thinking of trying TCM. Any recommendations? :)
Also thinking of trying Blackmores Conceive Well. Not sure if it helps? Has anyone tried it b4?
I tried. It didnt work for me.

princesssoda

Hello! New to this forum!
32 YO, trying for 5 years but no news... finally made up my mind to go for IVF this month!
Hopefully this journey will be a fruitful one! :)

Loveholiday

Hello Princesssoda, I am new here too. Am considering going for IVF too this month or next. Still contemplating which Gynae to go for.
May i know which gynae you have choose?
Good luck to you...:)

rach31

Hi all,

Am letting go of Blackmores Conceive Well supplements (1 brand new box + 3 slabs totaly 49 pills) as I am pregnant and will not require. Kindly PM me for details.

RSCJ

Hi All, I just wanted to share my experience with Dr HK Ho and his clinic, Ho HK Women and Fertility clinic at Mt A, in case there's anyone thinking of going to him.

I went to him as i had been spotting on and off for a few mths. Dr. Ho did a pap smear for me and did a scan of my ovaries. He told me that I had pcos because of the 'bubbles' in my ovaries and that because of my uterine lining, I was predisposed to diabetes and cancer. He also noted a cyst in my right ovary and said that pcos meant that I wasn't ovulating. I had never heard of pcos and was shocked. I told him that my period was regular and i could even track my fertile discharge but he said that "discharge doesnt mean anything". He then advised that i go for a D&C procedure just to ascertain no malignancy.

I went home terribly upset and spent the next week in a state of panic and despair. One thing that puzzled me was how Dr Ho had not made me take a blood test and how he cld determine so quickly that i had pcos especially when I didn't display any physical manifestations of pcos.

A few days before the procedure, i went back for a pre-procedure briefing. He told me that a few days after my procedure, he was going to be overseas for 2 months, which was different from the original duration of 2 weeks. I was concerned as I wanted to begin my fertility treatments asap and his being away meant further delay. When I tried to clarify what sort of treatments would be available, he dismissed my qn with a 'let's just do the d&c first. After that it will be pills.but we will talk abt that after the d&c.'

In a twist of fate, I had to postpone the procedure. When I asked for a copy of all my reports, the receptionist was very unhelpful, finally saying that the doc himself was going for a surgery and so "Dr Ho won't be able to help you". I insisted and she begrudgingly said that I could collect the scans of my ovaries. On the day of the collection, another receptionist there cldnt find my reports and that there was nothing she cld do. She just stared blankly at me and offered no solutions. Half an hour later, after I'd left the clinic feeling harassed and upset, she called me up saying that she had finally recalled where it was.

Armed w my scans, I met the new gynae who told me that I had polyps and was unlikely to have pcos as my period was regular and I did not display the typical physical traits. Furthermore the cyst that he had said I had was actually not a cyst at all. She called for blood work to be done and that I was also unlikely to be predisposed to cancer as my periods were regular. All these tallied w my research on pcos. The blood test confirmed her words and I do. not. have. pcos.

I'm writing this because I cannot fathom how a doctor with so many years of experience can tell a patient unequivocally what condition she has, without ensuring that all tests have first been done. Note that it wasn't a 'perhaps you have pcos' but a definite 'you have pcos'. How irresponsible! The cyst wasn't even a cyst and the so called string of pearls were polyps. The thickened lining was due to polyps underneath. How ludicrous! He really caused me much undue grief and the cavalier manner in which his Receptionists handled the situation didn't help too.

Perhaps he was once a good doc, or perhaps he is good w stitching, as online forums seem to suggest. But this experience with a reckless diagnosis not based on the full array of tests really left a bitter taste in my mouth. Horrendous and unnecessarily emotional.

Loveholiday

Hi All, I just wanted to share my experience with Dr HK Ho and his clinic, Ho HK Women and Fertility clinic at Mt A, in case there's anyone thinking of going to him.

I went to him as i had been spotting on and off for a few mths. Dr. Ho did a pap smear for me and did a scan of my ovaries. He told me that I had pcos because of the 'bubbles' in my ovaries and that because of my uterine lining, I was predisposed to diabetes and cancer. He also noted a cyst in my right ovary and said that pcos meant that I wasn't ovulating. I had never heard of pcos and was shocked. I told him that my period was regular and i could even track my fertile discharge but he said that "discharge doesnt mean anything". He then advised that i go for a D&C procedure just to ascertain no malignancy.

I went home terribly upset and spent the next week in a state of panic and despair. One thing that puzzled me was how Dr Ho had not made me take a blood test and how he cld determine so quickly that i had pcos especially when I didn't display any physical manifestations of pcos.

A few days before the procedure, i went back for a pre-procedure briefing. He told me that a few days after my procedure, he was going to be overseas for 2 months, which was different from the original duration of 2 weeks. I was concerned as I wanted to begin my fertility treatments asap and his being away meant further delay. When I tried to clarify what sort of treatments would be available, he dismissed my qn with a 'let's just do the d&c first. After that it will be pills.but we will talk abt that after the d&c.'

In a twist of fate, I had to postpone the procedure. When I asked for a copy of all my reports, the receptionist was very unhelpful, finally saying that the doc himself was going for a surgery and so "Dr Ho won't be able to help you". I insisted and she begrudgingly said that I could collect the scans of my ovaries. On the day of the collection, another receptionist there cldnt find my reports and that there was nothing she cld do. She just stared blankly at me and offered no solutions. Half an hour later, after I'd left the clinic feeling harassed and upset, she called me up saying that she had finally recalled where it was.

Armed w my scans, I met the new gynae who told me that I had polyps and was unlikely to have pcos as my period was regular and I did not display the typical physical traits. Furthermore the cyst that he had said I had was actually not a cyst at all. She called for blood work to be done and that I was also unlikely to be predisposed to cancer as my periods were regular. All these tallied w my research on pcos. The blood test confirmed her words and I do. not. have. pcos.

I'm writing this because I cannot fathom how a doctor with so many years of experience can tell a patient unequivocally what condition she has, without ensuring that all tests have first been done. Note that it wasn't a 'perhaps you have pcos' but a definite 'you have pcos'. How irresponsible! The cyst wasn't even a cyst and the so called string of pearls were polyps. The thickened lining was due to polyps underneath. How ludicrous! He really caused me much undue grief and the cavalier manner in which his Receptionists handled the situation didn't help too.

Perhaps he was once a good doc, or perhaps he is good w stitching, as online forums seem to suggest. But this experience with a reckless diagnosis not based on the full array of tests really left a bitter taste in my mouth. Horrendous and unnecessarily emotional.
Hi RSCJ,

Thank you for your info. Feel sorry for the experience you had.
Have you found another fertility doc yet?

Hopeisthere

Hi all to-be mummies, i'm a mommy myself and i have been through the worst period of my life. Multiple IVF Failures. And all it seemed doomed to fail for my dream family. And now i'm fortunate to have 2 sons and 1 daughter. Just spreading the word to those who might have experienced IVF Failures and share this.

Do give this a try! God bless. http://mybabydream.net/

workingmom0716

Hi all to-be mummies, i'm a mommy myself and i have been through the worst period of my life. Multiple IVF Failures. And all it seemed doomed to fail for my dream family. And now i'm fortunate to have 2 sons and 1 daughter. Just spreading the word to those who might have experienced IVF Failures and share this.

Thanks for sharing! This is definitely good news to those couples who believe IVF is their last and only hope.

Andrea Lee

Thanks for sharing! I hope more parents who think IVF is their only resort will see this. The site name fits its purpose too!