Jamu while breastfeeding

meiteoh

Can anyone share if taking jamu pills (for weight) while breastfeeding is okay? Am thinking of taking some by Mustika Ratu but am not sure if it's okay since I'm still BFing.

cmeilim

Can anyone share if taking jamu pills (for weight) while breastfeeding is okay? Am thinking of taking some by Mustika Ratu but am not sure if it's okay since I'm still BFing.

hi meiteoh,

personally speaking, i wouldn't because i am still breastfeeding. better to err on the side of caution....but that's me. =)

sg81hani

My mum advised me not too as jamus are heaty and may have effect on baby since we are breastfeeding.... but i also understand that we can't wait to lose our pregancy weight right? Anyone has any other options to lose the weight? I'm doing light runs and cut out rice but i'm stuck. :S

The massage lady gave me jamu sachets of drinks, at one look it seems that it's only ingredient is tumeric ginger, however closer look at the ingredients, it contains betal nuts concentration.
So u have to check out the ingredients in the pills before taking.

I had taken jamu during my confinement while breast feeding my son, so far no issue. Btw, wat I had for the jamu pills are meant for breastfeeding mum :)

cmeilim

I had taken jamu during my confinement while breast feeding my son, so far no issue. Btw, what I had for the jamu pills are meant for breastfeeding mum :)

can u let us know the brand name and where u bought from? i think many mums will be interested because we never knew such bfg-friendly jamu pills exist! =D

meiteoh

YES, please! :p

Btw, the jamu pills that I'm interested in requires you to take once a day and it's before you go to sleep. :)

can you let us know the brand name and where you bought from? i think many mums will be interested because we never knew such bfg-friendly jamu pills exist! =D
YES, please! :p

Btw, the jamu pills that I'm interested in requires you to take once a day and it's before you go to sleep. :)
The jamu I had was my Malay massage lady who bought it for me. I cant remember the brand name as I had finished taking it during my confinement and threw away the box. But rest assured, will go & find out. :)