Jaundice

junkee

Hi all mummies,

did anyone babies with janudice did a liver test to determine that the jaundice is not due to liver disease?

autumn82

Hi all mummies,

did anyone babies with janudice did a liver test to determine that the jaundice is not due to liver disease?
Mine did. After 1 mth still not cleared. So PD asked to do it. Luckily not liver problems.

Ur baby having jaundice?

smiley811

Hi all mummies,

My baby girl had jaundice for about 2 weeks despite consistent sunbathing. Doctor then "scared" my hubby and I in saying a lot of terrible things like need to go hospital test this test that... until we scare la...

A friend of ours advised us to stop breastfeeding for a while. Miraculously (and luckily), the jaundice stopped thereafter.

autumn82

My baby girl had jaundice for about 2 weeks despite consistent sunbathing. Doctor then "scared" my hubby and I in saying a lot of terrible things like need to go hospital test this test that... until we scare la...

A friend of ours advised us to stop breastfeeding for a while. Miraculously (and luckily), the jaundice stopped thereafter.
Yup. It's called breastmilk jaundice. After the liver test, PD diagnosed DS down wif breastmilk jaundice, so he advised us to stop bfing for a week, pump out the milk and feed DS when his jaundice is down and start formula. Of coz, his jaundice gone within that week. :tlaugh:

Some ppl said there's no such thing is breastmilk jaundice but some do.. So depends on individual, I feel.

peanuts

I have a remedy for Jaundice problem.It works for all baby regardless of prolong jaundice problem.Buy baby bitterground , cut in slice, boil in water until yelloe in colour.Dilute it with cold water and bath the baby.Do it for 3 to 5 days and baby is ready for checkup after birth, jaundice shall be clear by then.
This is my own experience.My 2nd boy has this problem after 5 days from birth during the checkup.I was advice to sunbath him but my confinement lady told me the remedy so we search high and low for baby bitterground.After bathing for 4 days we return to let PD check and he is fine.
Afterall it is not for eating so no harm to the baby.