Jocelyn Wong - ACJ Clinic

kbmom

hi

i just get pregnant with 6 weeks plus and now looking for gynae. see so many comments about Dr Joycelyn Wong and Dr Caroline Khi and cant decide who to choose. Anyone happens to visit both of them and can provide some advises?

:nah:

feliciasylee

Hi,

Previously i was with Dr. Jocelyn, all the way from 10 weeks till delivery. She is really a very nice gynae, and approachable too. So u wont have any trouble discussing and asking her questions. During delivery, she is also very supportive and her stitches are also very neat. My gal is now 18 months old. I will definitely go back to her again for my subsequet pregnancies.

kbmom

Dear feliciasylee

Thanks so much for your advise! i will try to make appointment with her. :Dancing_wub:

regards

kbmom

hi

Dr Wong's delivery appointments are fully booked during the month of dec... i was being recommended to Dr Caroline Khi. anyone can provide some advise on her?

mothercat

i went for my 1st gynae appointnent with Dr Caroline Khi cos Dr Joycelyn Wong's schedule was super packed. Dr Khi is very sweet, soft-spoken and for me and my husband who were there the first time blur like sotong, she was very reassuring and answered a lot of our questions patiently. i think the gynaes in ACJ clinic generally are quite good, so either one is fine :001_302:

kbmom

Thank you mothercat!

i just did my 1st visitation with Dr Khi. find her quite nice & think will stick to her. :wong19:

tangerinez

I went to Dr Wong for pre-natal check-up upon recommendation from a friend. previously I was with another lady gynae for my annual pap smears and ultrasound but didn't like her rushed and business-like bedside manner.

Dr Wong was totally different. She was patient, gentle and friendly. She explained all that is necessary for pre-natal and when I told her that I've done most of the tests before she joked that she doesn't know how she can help me anymore, but proceeded to assure me that I do not need to repeat the tests at this point in time.

She also educated me on the mense cycle in details, including the chances of having a boy or girl.

When performing the scanning, she was really really gentle, like as if she was so apologetic that she has to cause you any discomfort. This I appreciated a lot because my previous gynae was a tad too rough for my liking.

She also showed me where the eggs are, which (pardon my ignorance) was a pleasant surprise and a new knowledge for me (I had thought that eggs 'replenish' themselves, like sperms haha).

I am trying to conceive now and will really like to stick with Dr Wong, but am concerned about the parking (not so much waiting time but parking) and also undecided whether I should deliver at Thomson Medical. But of course I shouldn't worry about these when I'm not even pregnant yet! Just a little excited about starting to try to conceive.

Dr Wong is really good!

feliciasylee

Hi,

Ya i totally agreed with u, Dr Wong is really really good!! But i heard her appts are fully booked as she is highly in demand? For parking, normally my husband will try his luck at the HDB carpark across the road, or u can choose for valet parking is no choice.

Last time i delivered in Mt Alvernia as i heard very good reviews (well they say for delivery, u need good nurses much much more than good gynae, although the latter is of course important too). And truly, the nurses there are really good and one more good thing is the labour room is single bedded, meaning u have the room and the privacy all by yourself. For TMC, i think you have to share with 2 other mothers if i'm not mistaken.

When i talked to Dr. Wong abt delivering in another hospital than TMC, she has no objection as she covers 4 hosp (TMC, Mt Alvernia, KK & Mt. E) but I wont have the luxury of her coming down 1 level to check on me every 2 hours or so. But i find that not to be a problem at all as the nurses take really good care of me and Dr. Wong also gets all her updates from them and instruct them wat to do next etc...

Well, good luck to you and good for u! Dr. Jocelyn is a perfect choice!!

darchelle

Hi,

She was my gynae too and I must say her stiching was really great. I remember I was able to walk by myself on the day I delivered. I believe the credit goes to her good stiching skill. She is also very patient, attentive and very assuring, which most preggy needs. :) Although the waiting time is quite an headache and the consultation fee is pretty ex, I still think it's worth it and will definitely go back to her in future.

tangerinez

Thanks Felicia! I've heard lots of good stuff about Mt Alvernia too. I'm so happy that you mentioned Dr Wong also covers Mt Alvernia! I'll ask her more about it the next time (erm, only if my trying to conceive works of course, haha). And I didn't know there are no single bedded wards in Thomson Medical! A little unbelievable for me. If that's the case, I'm not so sure about it anymore.

Darchelle, yea, stitching. This has always been the scary part for me. To be snipped and stitched - I can't imagine the pain (though I am guessing it would be nothing next to contractions and the actual child birth). Does stitching always leave a scar? Well, not that anyone really look at that place anyway but it will be less scary if there is no scar I guess.

feliciasylee

Hi Tangerinez,

I'm not too sure abt TMC not having single bedded at all. Maybe they might have it if you sign up for a higher-end delivery package, hehe.... But so far my frens have been put into the labour rooms with other mommies and some of them feel a little uncomfortable. :p

ya, abt the stitching... Everybody has been mentioning abt Dr. Jocelyn's skill in this area and initially i dont understand why. But true enuf, i have also been walking the next morning (i delivered in the evening and the epidural hasnt worn off so i couldnt get down the bed hehe). But don worry too much of the pain etc. It'll be gone in the blink of an eye.

One more good thing abt Dr. Jocelyn is that she has a listening ear to you asking abt practically anything. She doesn't rush you, and is very gentle and approachable. So yea, i would say the money paid is worth the while.

SleepyJu

Hi,

Can i Ask abt doc wong's charges? Like if nt preggy, consultations n scan?
After preggy, how much her package n frm which week onwards?

Thanks much!

angeluv

Hi,
How long is the waiting time? I'm thinking of changing gynae as prefer someone gentle & more approachable. Is it a really long wait like 1-2hrs?!

Lingz12

Hi all.. Anybody have more recent reviews on Dr Joycelyn Wong? Will be seeing her for the first time next week.. Is the waiting time still long despite appointment? On average how long is the wait?

wkjpoh

Hi All, recently my wife had her 1st visit to see Dr Wong. When all was complete and we enquired about payment for future visits, we were told that Dr Wong no longer accept packages. Can I ask if anyone (those who are staying with Dr Wong) how much is the cost of the consultation fees? Any difference in 1st/2nd/3rd trimester? Any feedback is most appreciated.

Tannie

Yea, Dr Wong no longer have package. I am currently seeing her. Her charges per visit is as follows:-
follow up consultation $68
routine urine labstik $9
Ultrasound $58
multi vit $8.40 (optional)
fish oil $59.90 (optional)

No diff between 1st to 3rd trimester. If u have booked ur appointment, the wait is usually half to an hour.

Her charges is on the high side as compare to those with package. But she is really patient, warm n detail so I decided to stick to her cause I am first time mum n a lot of things blur blur...

Her charges for normal birth is $2200 onwards.

Last edited:

wkjpoh

To Tannie, Thanks for the info. Just wondering if you also know if delivery fees & hosptial fees are mutually exclusive or as 1 fee? Thank you in advance.

wkjpoh

Hi Tannie, Thanks again for your sharing. Can the delivery fees & hospital fees can be paid by medisave? Thanks in advance.