Just want to let off some steam..

perrier

husband is posted overseas for a year. conincidentially we found out that i was pregnant abt 3 months before he was due to travel. now at my 34 weeks.. i think my husband has become too paranoid abt me working too late. i guess it was also due to him not being around, he is afraid of my safety.. anyway....

if i was given a choice i would rather go home then staying late in office to work!

there are just endless reports to submit, endless work to clear before i start my maternity leave. if my boss decided to have a meeting after office hrs, is it up to me to say no??

sometimes the way my husband behave is like as if pregnant woman got many priviledges. he keep implying to me that i should tell my boss that i am pregnant and they should be more compassionate abt my circumstances..

i have already told him time and again that i had no choice....:teek:

sigh... i wonder how i can change the way he sees things.. feel so torn at times... i am not a workaholic but i do want to be a responsible worker!

CanCanMum

*sayangz*

*cool downz*

whatever that it is, u can be sure tat your hubby cares for u alot....it would be real trouble if he doesn't nag instead....and most importantly, he is not around right? All the more he is worried sick.

meantime any mentioning of Temp Staff covering your duties?

If there is, its time to ask the Temp Staff to come in so tat u can coach him/her some things during this 'transitional' period....

meanwhile do take care of your health and do not get too worked up regarding this issue....bad for baby....

i think if u need to work overtime to clear workload, try not to exceed 9pm so that can still rest when u get home, watch tv, drink warm milk etc.....

all the best.....and take care.:001_302:

SH74

i feel that no matter wat, our bb n health is more impt than work. if something happen to our health or bb, wat will our boss do? either sack us or give us some compassionate $$ then say bye bye to us. they wont look aft us for life, 'cause they know our health n bb got prob is 'cause we sacrifice them for work.

though we work for $$, but sometimes health n bb r more impt than $$. :)

Catty

I agree with what CanCanMum and mrspuppy said..

Can feel that your DH really love and care for you and your baby.. Health is really more important than anything else at this point of time, now should be the time to be a responsible mother rather than a responsible worker, no one can control or force you but hope you will understand that what "IF" anything happen to your baby *touchwood* due to your overwork and lack of rest? Do you think your boss should take this responsibility?

Hope you can take your DH advise and for the sake of your baby just try to take ample of rest and take care of your own health..

All the best to you and take care..

Catty

But hor if this kind of thing happen to me, think i will curse and swear my boss rather than my DH cos we are human and not robot.. If we are not pregnant is ok, we got nothing to say but as a pregnant mummy, we really got to take full responsibility on our OWN so anything happen also can blame our ownself, worst still is we got to feel guilty forever.. :embarrassed:

MsKoh1973

Take some MCs, if work late, take cap home........

Work is not important, health is, you can find another job, but not health, take care.

perrier

thanks for your advice mummies..

it is just that i think i needed his support through this rough time more than him getting angry with me.

it is just that sometimes it is really not easy to just throw work aside and go home.. i wish i can but the nature of my work makes it a little harder.

now i try to bring work back to finish so don't have to stay in office till late.. :) hope i can clear and transfer out all by work before my maternity leave.

very looking forward to that!

SH74

ur hb meant well la. but he didnt think so much abt ur work. he only think abt ur health n bb. mayb try to let him understand ur situation.

it's not ez to ignore work n care only abt ur health n bb, 'cause no matter wat, we r paid to work. of cos need to b responsible. but dun overwork or sacrifice ur health too much for work. jus do wat u can.

jiayou!!!