Kena BITE yet?

Mum2Matty

This section is pretty quiet.. so I guess I'll post some .. hehe

Wondering if any breastfeeding mummies kena BITTEN yet by your darlings?

My son bite me from the 2nd day onwards, or shld I say gum me and pull left, right until my nipple long long!

Lingbel

must stop leh, whenever ur bb bite, immediately use ur last finger and put into his mouth and take out ur nipple.

sleepymama

My baby didn't bite me until he grew teeth! Ouch!!!!
It was darn PAINFUL!!!! I was shocked and let out a cry! And then he was taken aback! After that, I try to preempt and unlatch before he bites! He's 15 months now and only latches on at night when he's like half asleep. He only occasionally bites by accident, non-intentional, so things are all right now :D

PrettiBlossom

my baby just bite me again today....she used to bite when i sucked, i pulled her out and scolded her, she cried (those very 'kelian' type)...really painful leh...esp now she has no teeth liao

jlimdan

Aiyoh... kena bite is common for me. My elder son don't bite me that much when he was young. My younger son... will bite me like on alternate days. Or when he's feeling full and just wanted some comfort sucking. He will suckle and then bite. I scolded him a couple of times but he is still young and doesn't know what is pain......:07:

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
been bitten by all three kids... but that's life huh? part and parcel of breastfeeding. You just need to learn how to deal with it and prevent it if you can.

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
yeah... i got bitten before too by both kids. Now that they understand better.. will just let them know it hurts and they stopped doing it. But.. ehhh, i cant prevent the biting when they are half asleep in the nite.. sigh.. haha

apsmendoza

im experiencing a lot of bites for the past few days already but most are unintentional. i can't help but yelp in pain and when i do, he wakes up again so i have no choice but to feed him again to sleep and get bitten...hehehe! i tried everything inclulding putting in my little finger to break the latch but he always wake up. however, just last night, i noticed that if i don't pull out my nipple when he's almost asleep, he'll let go on his own...only disadvantage is time lost waiting for it to happen. guess house work will have to wait:tlaugh:

summer

ds has 4teeth le...initially when his first teeth coming out, he will bite me...very pain de..coz became sore nipples...scold no use..he tot i play with him..bite even harder! want to release oso scare coz he will bite n not let go...
a fren told me must 'sut' his mouth..i heartpain so i just tap loh...
eventually he stopped..
now, he dun bite but if he suck too hard, his upper teeth will leave mark on my nipple...

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
im experiencing a lot of bites for the past few days already but most are unintentional. i can't help but yelp in pain and when i do, he wakes up again so i have no choice but to feed him again to sleep and get bitten...hehehe! i tried everything inclulding putting in my little finger to break the latch but he always wake up. however, just last night, i noticed that if i don't pull out my nipple when he's almost asleep, he'll let go on his own...only disadvantage is time lost waiting for it to happen. guess house work will have to wait:tlaugh:
house work CAN wait! babies are more important! I think half the problem is that we're so impatient to get going to do something else. I've learnt to just wait it out cos it hurts alot less and it ends up taking less time (as compared to if I tried to unlatch him too early and he wakes up and cries)

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
ds has 4teeth le...initially when his first teeth coming out, he will bite me...very pain de..coz became sore nipples...scold no use..he tot i play with him..bite even harder! want to release oso scare coz he will bite n not let go...
a fren told me must 'sut' his mouth..i heartpain so i just tap loh...
eventually he stopped..
now, he dun bite but if he suck too hard, his upper teeth will leave mark on my nipple...
If the bite is intentional (and you'll know when it is! mine usually look up at me to catch my reaction when they do... like free entertainment... mummy yelling), I'd flick close to the mouth. It hurts. Won't pretend it doesn't. But you can control the speed and pressure so the pain varies. Got to a point where just raising my two fingers in the flick position got them sucking properly again.

Another thing to note, sometimes they just want to see your reaction. If this is the case, control. Don't entertain them and they'll stop.

just my experiences... :p

summer

jopeck,

thanks for sharing...

i think when he's younger, it's intentional..coz he seems happy to see me in pain! haizzz...
but now, it's unintentional..he dun look at me..instead, he just keep staring into space and suck...

Last edited:

Pink daisy

Mine started gumming me... >_< Geez... worried how im goig to cope when he has teeth,,
Mine's too when he's ard ur bb's age, now he has 4 teeth slightly worse :embarrassed:
When he's awake n he bites usually I just hum loudly and shakin' my finger, (his smiles will suddenly dissappear n starting to pout preparin to cry). I repeatedly did the same response when he bites...now much better coz he rarely bites...except sumtimes at night when he's unconsciously suck

daberdew

I kena a few times only but pain does not last long so I can continue to breatsfeed but supply seems to be slowing...sighz..dunno how long I can breastfeed more.