Kindergarten or childcare

snowee

Hi,

experience mummies need your advise..

my gal will be 2 next year..

in doubt if send my gal to childcare or kindergarten? Which is better for her? I am home mummy, though i can send her to kindergarten everyday, but i am wondering which way is better for her interms of academic and developments.

Is childcare gets to study more than kindergarten? If i send her to kindergarten which is 3hrs per day, will she missed alot of learning as compared to those in the childcare since they are there the whole day, they should be learning more? Thats what i am thinking.

Pls correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks !!1:Dancing_wub:

Janvier

Hi mummies, I'm also looking for advise whether is there any difference in learning for a child in childcare versus kindergarten?

My girl is in a childcare at the moment...but my mum was saying it's not very gd for them to stay there for 12 hours straight :( and they tend to learn certain behaviors from friends...

Thanks.

Phoebii Cheng

I think it depends on what you want for your child. For my son, he is K1 this year, childcare cos' no one really takes care of him at home. So he gets to interact more with friends and playtime and sometimes outdoor activity which builds up his confidendce. I also let him go for extra curricular activity like speech & drama, now he is very expressive in telling how his day was at school. So yeah, I guess it depends on what you want for your child.
Hi mummies, I'm also looking for advise whether is there any difference in learning for a child in childcare versus kindergarten?

My girl is in a childcare at the moment...but my mum was saying it's not very gd for them to stay there for 12 hours straight :( and they tend to learn certain behaviors from friends...

Thanks.

Janvier

Thanks Phoebii ^_^

I'll be switching my girl from childcare to 3hr kindergarten...which is nearer to our home. hopefully I'm making the right choice :1 Currently have a helper at home so will ask helper to bring her to sch and back...

yeaps :) I let her attend music class from Top Notes when in the childcare. It's quite a tough decision to make cuz seems like she already gotten used to the childcare environment... but logistically abit tough when my husband go overseas for months. The childcare is abt 10-15mins walk from home (without rain)..plus got 2 kids~ *sigh* :\ don't really trust maid to bring them back from childcare cuz there's a quite a few busy roads to cross.