Kindly share about your baby sleeping position

hueychye79

Hi mummies

Kindly share your baby sleep position..

Since my baby discharge from hospital, I let him sleep face up..

These few days I notice he keep crying for nothing, make me so worry.

Try to let he sleep on tummy and notice he can sleep longer..

Please share..

meiteoh

Eva has always slept on her back because sleeping on her tummy increases the risk of her smothering herself or SIDS.

When she was a few weeks old, she went through the same spells as Isaac and the midwife told us that it's normal as newborns sometimes scare themselves with their movements and having too much space (being so used to the crampy environment of the womb). So we were told to either put a ring of thick cloth around her OR fold a nappy and place it on her tummy. Both worked and after that, she slept quite well and doesn't cry much too.

annie

my girl was like this too when she was younger and for her naps i let her nap on tummy since i can look at her but during the night i let her sleep at her side with a side sleep positioner..my confinement lady told me the smae thing regarding having too much space thus i also try to surround her with pillows so that her cot looks smaller.. but have to be careful as well as i read that its not advisable to put pillows or soft toys in bb's cot whent they are still unable to move about on their own in case they wriggle around and suffocate with those pillows..for me, i dun worry that much as she was using a sleep positioner.. so she wont be able to wriggle..now that she is older, she flip around during her sleep alot but most if the time she sleeps on tummy now

apollo

i let ds slp on his tummy during daytime when he was ard 2mth old i think and there was once, his face was facing downwards when i went out to take some stuff!! from tt day onwards i dont let him slp on his tummy anymore though he can slp better in tt position.

isabelandrew

i let dear son sleep on his tummy during daytime when he was around 2mth old i think and there was once, his face was facing downwards when i went out to take some stuff!! from that day onwards i dont let him sleep on his tummy anymore though he can sleep better in that position.
it was very difficult to soothe my bb when she was first brought home. actually i should hv thought abt the 'space'. till 2day, im not sure why she was so insecure crying many nights. my hubby has to hold her to sleep. im not sure if she was frightened when i was having contractions pre-term, haha.

2day, she was trained to hold her little bolster to sleep. so cute and so cozy..

apollo

it was very difficult to soothe my baby when she was first brought home. actually i should have thought about the 'space'. till 2day, im not sure why she was so insecure crying many nights. my hubby has to hold her to sleep. im not sure if she was frightened when i was having contractions pre-term, haha.

2day, she was trained to hold her little bolster to sleep. so cute and so cozy..
i put a beanbag on ds every night esp... we hav to put our hands on him, and let him hold our finger so he can fall aslp... i think most babies lack of security which we parents must try to figure out how to give them haha :tlaugh:

chiro

i put a beanbag on dear son every night esp... we hav to put our hands on him, and let him hold our finger so he can fall aslp... i think most babies lack of security which we parents must try to figure out how to give them haha :tlaugh:
we let him sleep on his side , he does not cry because of the space issue. Maybe its because he came out at 38.5 weeks.he had a tendency to sleep on his right side and we were so worried thought something was wrong with his nerves or something. End up he can sleep on both sides but prefer sleepin flat on his back.

We remembered about the sleep positioner when he was 3weeks old n we tried to make him sleep on it.

When we came bak to check on him, we almost died luffing

he managed to wriggle down to sleep on the flat bed,head is on the right side of the head positioner n his left feet is diagonally across his head n his right feett is on the wedge, which was meant to suppport his right waist

n the sleep positioner became an white elephant on the same day...haizzz

Last edited:

Ting

can use a beanbag or use a nappy cloth to wrap him...
mayeb can use swaddle?

diymummy

My baby slept on his tummy since he was back from the hospital. I think it's ok to sleep on their tummy if you do so since birth. Chances of SIDS higher when sleeping position suddenly changes and baby doesn't know what to do with it. Most of my friends also let their babies sleep on their tummies since birth.

hueychye79

Hi all mummies

Thanks for your sharing.

Now I try to let my baby sleep on tummy position at morning and at night turn him sleep at back.

My baby always make noise when he hiccup (hiccup still a lot, almost 2-3 times a day since birth), notice let him sleep on tummy will make him calm down slowly.

According to gynae mention because the baby always hiccup is normal, but is it almost everyday? Because I can't do anything to help my son. (a bit heart pain)

Care to share did your baby hiccup a lot too?

autumn82

Iggy has been on his tummy since 1mth old during the day and on his back in the nite. Only when he knows how to flip, then he started flipping himself on his tummy in the nite. :001_302::001_302::001_302: He hates to be swaddled so I just leave him on his tummy but will check on him every now and then when he was younger.

Hiccups is pretty normal and ppl asked to feed water when baby hiccups. I don't, I just leave it as it is. It will go off by itself. If hiccups persist for more than 3hrs then need to see doc.

Last edited:

apollo

mummies!!! this morning i woke up seeing ds slping on his tummy!!!!!! is tt safe??? will his face kanna face downwards den cannot breathe???? xia si wo!!!!!!!!!!! :embarrassed:

CanCanMum

i dun purposely make Baber sleep on his tummy leiii coz scared they may suffocate.....only when babies has learnt how to turn i noticed tat time baber will sleep on his tummy all the time.....but i still turn him back face up (scared he may be suffocated) at night~~~

sometimes when baber is sleeping (at his age now) i will still see if he got breathe anotz....lols

CanCanMum

mummies!!! this morning i woke up seeing dear son sleeping on his tummy!!!!!! is that safe??? will his face kanna face downwards then cannot breathe???? xia si wo!!!!!!!!!!! :embarrassed:
how big is yr bb oredi???

coz small babies dunno how to lift up their heads to breathe so its quite dangerous i find....if baby can lift up their head/turn themselves back up back down its still fine coz Baber oso always wake up sleeping on his tummy last time he was still a baby~~

apollo

how big is your baby oredi???

coz small babies dont know how to lift up their heads to breathe so its quite dangerous i find....if baby can lift up their head/turn themselves back up back down its still fine coz Baber also always wake up sleeping on his tummy last time he was still a baby~~
ds 5mth + alrdy.. 2 more weeks will be 6mths. ya he know hw to turn his head to his side but i scare sometimes he slp too soundly then will 'forget' to turn his head. cos there was once when he was 2mth old, he didnt turn his head and his face was facing DOWNwards... -.-"""""

hakisumi

graham sleep on his back and hands up since day 1..(like police check )
i dare not try let him sleep on his tummy.. only sometime i let him rest tummy to tummy with me..

hueychye mummy.. i totally understand the feeling!!! my bb hiccup almost everydae.. after milk.. so i let him drk water.. just maybe 1 mouthful..usually ll stop his hiccup..

CanCanMum

dear son 5mth + alrdy.. 2 more weeks will be 6mths. ya he know hw to turn his head to his side but i scare sometimes he sleep too soundly then will 'forget' to turn his head. cos there was once when he was 2mth old, he didnt turn his head and his face was facing DOWNwards... -.-"""""
o_O

lolz

regina babe~~yrs is in safe zone oredi laaa...lolz

till now i still get those blankets with holes kind, called thermal blankets, to cover baber, coz at least he wonx get entangled inside and get suffocated....zzzzzzzzzzz

once a parent will be paranoid forever~~~lolzzz

i always ask him those danger-threat questions like:

1) can u play wif sockets?

NO

why

becoz i can get burnt

2) can u put yr head inside the water??

NO

why

becoz i will die, cannot Hu Xi (breathe)

3) can u put your hands inside the fire????

NO

why

becoz my fingers will get burn and beri painful will Liu Xue (bled)

4) can u climb the windows??????

NO

why

becoz i will fall down and no more baber oredi

:p

Last edited:

autumn82

mummies!!! this morning i woke up seeing dear son sleeping on his tummy!!!!!! is that safe??? will his face kanna face downwards then cannot breathe???? xia si wo!!!!!!!!!!! :embarrassed:
Regina, if his neck is strong enough and able to lift his head up and turn right and left, he should be fine. *pats*

hueychye79

graham sleep on his back and hands up since day 1..(like police check )
i dare not try let him sleep on his tummy.. only sometime i let him rest tummy to tummy with me..

hueychye mummy.. i totally understand the feeling!!! my baby hiccup almost everydae.. after milk.. so i let him drk water.. just maybe 1 mouthful..usually ll stop his hiccup..
Hakisumi mummy, yup! The hiccup normally is after milk.

I never introduce water to my baby since day 1, I think will only give him drink water when he know how to take solid food.. :001_302:

hakisumi

i also these 2 weeks then intro water.. cos his hiccup after milk den he cant slp.. plus my MIL say drk FM, give alittle water is ok..

are you still BF-ing?
if yes.. let him suckle nip nip also can stop the hiccup..hehee..
if not.. u dun wan intro water 1st.. maybe u make a small portion of milk, let him swallow...to stop the hiccup..

i stop le.. no more burn calories thru BF, must work out to burn my FATSSSSS