KKH consultation charges

silsangria

Dear forummers,

Can anyone who have been to KKH (TPS or general) advise on the estimated total costs (consultations/scans/meds) from the start of your consultation to EDD?
Please indicate when was your visit (this year or last?) :tsmile:
I just want a general comparison in terms of cost between public and private gynae.
Thanks!

silsangria

Hi Chloegal, thanks for your reply.

I meant an overall estimate cost including Consultation fees plus all other miscellaneous eg. blood tests, scans, vitamins, urine tests etc etc.
less than 1k or 1.5k??...just a round-off ballpark figure. thanks.

Gave birth last yr oct at normal subsidize clinic, my normal chk up was ard $450, managed to claim back using cpf, labour and ward was 1.9k-2.2k. I forgot. Paid using cpf, my baby was actually xfer to special ward the 1st night, so after deducting cpf for her ward, I topped up $100plus cash. That's it.

babybull

Dear forummers,

Can anyone who have been to KKH (TPS or general) advise on the estimated total costs (consultations/scans/meds) from the start of your consultation to EDD?
Please indicate when was your visit (this year or last?) :tsmile:
I just want a general comparison in terms of cost between public and private gynae.
Thanks!
Hi, not sure if my experience is still relevant, but for my first gal, I saw a senior consultant at TPS, and iirc the total bill came up to around 1.4k for the entire pregnancy (not inclusive of delivery). My bill is actually on the high end as I saw my doctor more often so paid more lah. Because KK doesn't offer packages. BUt I would still go back again, cos I loved the entire experience there, and felt very safe in the hospital environment.

hock2008

it really depends on if you are with TPS, Clinic A as pte patient or subsidies patient.

TPS & Clinic A consultation fee is $10 or 15 difference but @ TPS waiting time is shorter & more comfortable. the saving to have your bb at KKH is the delivery & the ward fee.

I was with a senior consultant @ TPS, thus the fee there sum up to near 1.9k & with my natural assisted with epidural & stay in A1 ward. the fees in all sum up to 5k. Baby care is appx 450. Out of these, $2600 is deductable from CPF.

Last edited:

Gem2505

i delivered my girl this year, first day of CNY. =)
was with a consultant at clinic A. ( private clinic ).
sometimes will see him at TPS.
my pregnancy abit more ex coz my bb was smaller than the average therefore i need to go for more scanning. its like, towards the last 3months of my preg, i had to go for scanning at every doc visit.
my whole preg visit comes up about $1k?
my delivery process, very complicated also. delivered at bb 36w coz my waterbag level low.
then, induced 2 times, no dilation, then i requested for c sect.
i stayed at A1 room. admit on wed, discharge on sun. total bill about $9K. cpf deducted $6k.