Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Gleneagles

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Others

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
my first birth was in KKH. Had a gynae who was willing to do a breech 'natural' birth for me. So followed his rules. No real complaints because I got my goal - no c-section.

2nd birth was also at KKH. To me, that was the absolute last straw. Will never go back to that hospital for a birth. See here for the birth story. (warning... its long!)

3rd birth... the best ever! At TMC with a gynae who was supportive of my ideas about birth. Loved midwife that attended to us, loved the service and the food especially the soups. Hubby was surprised to see me polish off my plate at every meal!

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
each & every hospital has it own bad news jus the matter if they released out the public or nt

do u really believe private hospital dun make mistake at all
frankly, every hospital has its downsides... depending on the nurses' mood that day and how things are going. So hard to really compare. There are good nurses and doctors in every hospital.

As for KKH being cheaper... not true! if you're opting for B1 and above, TMC or Mt A are comparable if not actually cheaper! its only cheap if you opt for C class where you'll probably get delivered by the resident on duty.

One thing I really dislike about KKH was the way any "tom, dick or harry" could come in and grope me to find out how dilated I was. Some of them were so mechanical about it too... like they didn't realise there was a feeling human being attached to the part they were trying to measure. :realmad: At least at TMC only my gynae did the v. exams.

Lastly, its not true about not being able to breastfeed immediately if you've had an epidural. It is possible but some hospitals may not allow it for reasons known only to them! :nah:

Angelmum

my first birth was in KKH. Had a gynae who was willing to do a breech 'natural' birth for me. So followed his rules. No real complaints because I got my goal - no c-section.

2nd birth was also at KKH. To me, that was the absolute last straw. Will never go back to that hospital for a birth. See here for the birth story. (warning... its long!)

3rd birth... the best ever! At TMC with a gynae who was supportive of my ideas about birth. Loved midwife that attended to us, loved the service and the food especially the soups. Hubby was surprised to see me polish off my plate at every meal!

yr story showed error cos must log in = cant view

Mum2Matty

frankly, every hospital has its downsides... depending on the nurses' mood that day and how things are going. So hard to really compare. There are good nurses and doctors in every hospital.

As for KKH being cheaper... not true! if you're opting for B1 and above, TMC or Mt A are comparable if not actually cheaper! its only cheap if you opt for C class where you'll probably get delivered by the resident on duty.

One thing I really dislike about KKH was the way any "tom, dick or harry" could come in and grope me to find out how dilated I was. Some of them were so mechanical about it too... like they didn't realise there was a feeling human being attached to the part they were trying to measure. :realmad: At least at TMC only my gynae did the v. exams.

Lastly, its not true about not being able to breastfeed immediately if you've had an epidural. It is possible but some hospitals may not allow it for reasons known only to them! :nah:
Wow.. luckily I didn't experience much groping while I was at KKH. It was the same medical officer and nurse and midwife throughout. Very friendly and helpful. I only had one ve done in the waiting room, twice in the labour room, had epi, broke water bag, my son snuggle out and breastfeed straight away.

I'm a subsidised patient, only delivered by the midwife.

I asked for milo in the middle of the night, was given promptly, I stayed in B2 subsidised ward. When I buzz the nurse, every request was attended to in reasonable time.

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
you were very lucky then...

I mostly have bad feelings about KKH... without a senior doctor running interference for me, I feel like a machine that is being fixed. Not a human being. (pregnant person in one end, unpregnant person and baby out the other) Even when ds got sick and we got warded... I also had to fight to breastfeed him. Called the LC to talk to the doc. They wanted him only on glucose water. Sigh.

Angelmum

so sorry... realised I protected the post as "friends only". Have unprotected it now. Try?
Read yours

Y I hate KKH .....
1) refused to gve me detailed tests cos claimed I've no family history so end up with a girl with specials needs - mentally totally unprepared n deprived of option to abort! Now no choice, got to accept n live with a special child in the family.
2) during pregnancy, as C class patient was dumped to different MOs. Nobody bothered to share my concerns n worries
3) in deliver suite, was told to bend knees in a sitting position. They refused to let me be in dog style or lie side way for a while. After delivery, legs were sore n wobbily.
4) Girl till almost 1yr old still cant sit up. I c KKH every 2mth since birth cos girl got milk regurgitation problem. kept telling them my girl is different from my son but no doc bother take my words.

During my girl 1yr old assessement at polyclinic, I told the nurse/doc n they agreed my worries were right so referred me to KKH. I TOLD THEM I GO KKH EVERY 2MTHS BUT DOCs said some kids are just slow, told me not to worry!! Same attitude from my gynae. When polyclinic referred me over during pregnancy, I was worried (got the uneasy feeling) but KKH refused to run detailed tests cos they said I got no family history (they gave me this excuse after my girl was diagnosed). So when my girl diagnosed abnormal, KKH claimed they did whatever they could according to Spore rules and regulations. I'm just unlucky!!

The KKH doc actually based on polyclinic findings/letter to assess my girl. Thot they shld be more experienced den polyclinic??

Sometimes, I wonder how experience the docs in KKH r. All the good and experienced ones are out in the pte line either hv their own clinics or in pte hospital.

Coelyn

want cheap go govt subsidies hospital not only wait long long, the treatment seems like a discounted rate.

Kept hearing KKH very bad:nah: