Lack of knowledge of BM! Lazy talk to her!

EFW

Hi mummies,

Borrow ur ears a while..reli pissed off!
Below is my mil question:-
Mil: Baby kept drinking BM good o nt?BM gt inlcuding all nutrition for baby?I thk not enough nutrition for baby's brain...

Then i answered her tat who says! Bm is the best food for baby in the worldwide!

Reli lack of knowledge!!! I did so much but she din appreciate then said I not having more healthy foods oso not use..I had similac mum n having healthy foods everyday..stopped all the foods which not good for baby since pregnant until now..she stil saying like tat..pissed off indeed! Haizzzz...

Jasminekuek

Hi EFW, try don't think too much n keep urself relax (i noe is very hard when everyday listen to negetive feedback), other wise u will easily get post natal depression. U may show ur in law some book abt the benefit of breast milk. Old ppl r like that, very stubborn.

pehfam

somtimes old folks are like that try to relax and one ear in one ear out ( not easy i know....) i did joking tell my husband ( maybe he told my in laws) baby goat drink goat milk, baby cow drink cow milk, so bb drink my milk lah! simple logic... >.<

Jojoai

My mil told me don't bf. she said for what ? So pain you confirm can't take it. Because my sisinlaw only bf for a month. And I want th best for my bb. Now my sisinlaw mil and hubby tell me I can't do it when I haven't even try. Makes me feel useless and not in control of my own child. Tried explaining to hubby but he still stands strong on his mother side. But I still think bfing is a wonderful thing. And it's nutritious enough ! Even more nutritious then fm with all th chemicals ! Cheer up okay ! Just do what you think it's right. After all baby is ours they can't really do anything. XOXO

ast0212

How difficult it must be for you to not have support from your family and partner! Saddens me to hear it...

Persevere because breastmilk is the best food for babies. It is brain food for them, not formula. They want smart grandkids, then breastmilk will make them smart!! They want healthy grandkids, breastmilk protects babies. They want baby to drink milk loaded with nutrition, vitamins and minerals that are easily absorbed by their tummies, breastmilk has them all.

Show them this if they think breastmilk is no good compared to artificial man made milk: Comparison of Human Milk and Formula | Ask Dr. Sears®

Breastfeeding is beautiful and it is wonderful how we can nourish and provide comfort and security to our babies by doing what nature intended.

EFW

Thanks guys for the supportings! So glad to noe u guys! I've learned much n get strong motivation via tis forum...deeply appreciated! :)
Actually, I dun care wat she said lo...one ear in one ear out..haha...and, I gt a good hubby who strongly supported me...so, I dun care wat old folks saying lo..even my mum oso not supports me..haha! Nvm, I like the way I m..^^

Ya, mummies! Any supplementary needed for breastfeeding mummy? At the beginning stage, I had my remaining pills which for pregnancy..aft finished, I jx having similac mum...tat's enough?

Thanks guys! ^^

ast0212

Thanks guys for the supportings! So glad to noe u guys! I've learned much n get strong motivation via tis forum...deeply appreciated! :)
Actually, I dun care wat she said lo...one ear in one ear out..haha...and, I gt a good hubby who strongly supported me...so, I dun care wat old folks saying lo..even my mum oso not supports me..haha! Nvm, I like the way I m..^^

Ya, mummies! Any supplementary needed for breastfeeding mummy? At the beginning stage, I had my remaining pills which for pregnancy..aft finished, I jx having similac mum...tat's enough?

Thanks guys! ^^
That is wonderful your hubby supports you...it really makes breastfeeding babies and toddlers easier when you have support :) We're always here too :)

Breastfeeding mums just need a healthy and balanced diet. There is no real need to take formula, or drink more milk as it doesn't make milk or make it any better. As long as you are eating well you'll be fine :)

Kitty poo

Hallo.. I have similar encounter. I'm a first time mum, who wanted to try my best to breastfeed my little one. In the beginning my MIL purposely call and told my husband that BM is not good and we must quickly attend to baby hunger que fast in order not let her cried too much. She some more quote the brother incident whereby PD scouted them for not feeding the baby enough resulting the baby cry a lot. I was quite unhappy in the beginning did throw tantrum to my hubby. I'm not totally against supplementing with FM when I wasn't able to latch on well. But I feel that they should at least let me try. If try for 2mins also cannot of course the elder son's wife fail in breastfeeding her child. Still I'm glad that my hubby bought me the breastfeeding pillow which is a great help!

When I manage to latch on and my girl grow in good rate she then shut up. So I thought as long as I have enough milk to feed my girl it will be fine.

Come 6month she told me it is not good to prolong feeding baby with breastmilk! I started to feel bad because I always go to her place to express milk. (her place is near my workplace and she is taking care of my girl during day time) . I have the intention to stop breastfeeding then because of her. Whenever my girl latch on to drink my milk that is like the most wonderful things for me as a mother. So I went on to buy a mini fridge and continue express milk in the office.

Now with that peanut allergy news reported on tv she then start again in asking me to stop. Basically she is ordering me! There is different kind of solid I would like to introduce to my girl which I can only try during weekends as I give in to her "opinion". Giving my girl my milk is the only thing I'm asking. Is that too much!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long reply. Just wanted to vent my unhappiness.

Ps. She is moving to my place soon. Just hope I can cope.

ast0212

Hi kitty poo, sounds like you have a lot on your plate with MIL! :(

Persevere if you are intent on breastfeeding and block out any negatives from anyone, including the media! The report on breastmilk and nut allergy was not properly researched and all it does is scare parents out of breastfeeding. Here's a good rebuttal to that report:

The Children's Nutrition Blog: Does breastfeeding really raise peanut allergy risk? - Blogs - Bub Hub Pregnancy & Parenting Forum

Perhaps you could mention to her that there were a lot of flaws with that particular research. You know breastmilk is the best food for your baby, you know what you're doing because you are your baby's mother! :)

All the best :)

malibu

I have been breast feeding baby girl for 8mths and every morning i had super thick Skippy Chunky peanut butter on my bread and so far so good, my baby girl and another baby girl who i gave my extra breast milk to, had no allgery to it.
Think tell MIL you will not feed baby peanut till 3-5year old and will try tiny amount for 3-4 days for allgery check.

Alisa

that is what i feel too. delay in giving those food that usually known to caused allergy. Nuts, seafood. I even try to delay unnatural favouring like Bouvil (spelling could be wrong), those thick black sauces in bottles that said for babies wan... i don like that. I rather give him natural unfavoured food. If not choice than at least after 1 yr old.

lyra

Kitty poo, poor you! You've got to stay calm and stay positive since she's moving in with you. Most importantly, you must get your hubby to stay on your side regarding breastfeeding.

I try not to stay together with in laws but I can see how much help they will be able to provide if they stay with us. And besides, we can trust them more then a new nanny or a new maid.

The nut allergy stuff is based on a flawed research. There's a thread here rebutting that research. You can check that out and explain to your in law... If she's willing to listen.

Natashasingh

Breast milk is best thing which u can give to ur baby...it helps in developing brain, fight against many infractions, lower blood pressure and the best part is-The closeness and comfort of breastfeeding strengthens the bond with your baby, as one part of all the things you can do to build a secure, loving relationship. Dads and moms can’t spoil a baby, so give your baby all the cuddling she or he wants.
So I support breastfeeding.....