Laptop suggestions

YoruVoly

I am in the market for a new laptop for work that will also be used onboard our boat for offshore racing if I can find one that can meet both needs. The primary purpose onboard will be to run Expedition and the necessary grib downloads, etc... The work purposes are general Office work, so no heavy duty computing power necessary, but I generally like to have a reasonably powerful computer in hopes that it will last longer. We have had a dedicated boat Panasonic Toughbook and GETAC tablet in the past that both worked well enough, but are several generations old now. Any suggestions?

maryramp

Hi! I would recommend looking into the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon. It's a great laptop for general office work and can also handle running Expedition and downloading grib files without any issues. Plus, it's durable enough to withstand being used onboard a boat, so you don't have to worry about getting damaged. A MacBook Pro or a Dell XPS 13 might be a good option. Moreover, you might consider good lightweight laptops for travel. They fit well with your requirements. I hope this helps! Cheers.

KomaTexada

I had an unsuccessful experience, took lenovo ideapad gaming 3, worked for 9 months, then began to reboot endlessly without power, and the blue screen flew out, reinstalled Windows worked for 4 hours,closed the laptop turned on - the endless reboot does not turn on, reinstalled windows did not log in as if there were no Windows, gave it to repair under warranty could not fix , gave a new same laptop while it works perfectly