Leaving BB with nanny

chelle

Hi Hi, mummies, i m returning to wrk next mth and found a babysitter.
Intend to let my boy go to the nanny few days b4 i start work so he will be farmiliar with the house & auntie.
But shld i stay there and accompany him or just leave straight with the nanny on the 1st day?
Abit dun bear to leave him there n also wori if the auntie will be good to him, haiz, m i thinking too much...:embarrassed:

Queenbabe

Hi Hi, mummies, i m returning to wrk next month and found a babysitter.
Intend to let my boy go to the nanny few days before i start work so he will be farmiliar with the house & auntie.
But shld i stay there and accompany him or just leave straight with the nanny on the 1st day?
Abit dont bear to leave him there and also wori if the auntie will be good to him, sigh, m i thinking too much...:embarrassed:
Actually before that you can try to be there if the auntie is fine with it .... of coz you will worry as you dont know how the auntie will treat your dear son ....

kenxf_03

ya, i totally agree with u! I still trust immdediate family members more than babysitter or nanny.

Its actually normal to worry and miss ur baby. Cos we are their mummies.:001_302:

Phoebii Cheng

No you r not thinking too much, it's normal for 1st time mummies.......:tlaugh:
When I first send my son to the infant care when he was abt 5mths old, I was oso there with him on the first day, worried too.....but the care givers at the infant care was ok with it, and offered tips on how to take care of my son then.....

chelle

ya, i totally agree with you! I still trust immdediate family members more than babysitter or nanny.

Its actually normal to worry and miss your baby. Cos we are their mummies.:001_302:
Ya, that what i think too, but i have no choice coz only avaliable relative to help leave far from me and my workplace and i want to bring my boy home everyday.
So decided to look for a nanny near my house.
At least can save on travelling time and see him a while more everyday

apollo

tt's y i dare not go back to wking life... cause both my mum and mil have to work and i only trust the both of them. and i know if a nanny or maid is going to take care of ds, i sure will think alot everyday, cannot concentrate on working.. :tlaugh:

Ting

i think u can stay by the nanny's place on n off.
dun hv to be whole day.
let the nanny know, she shld understand your worries.

share with u my xperience on the nanny...

last mon i sent my gal to the nany's hse since tues i have 2 wrk le...left the place immed she slept, scared she will cry if she c me leave...haix can tell u, mon nite i cried until very jialat coz miss my gal (looking @ the sarang & her cot, empty le)...jux imagine, i slept @ 6am & woke up @ 6.30am for wrk!!!

tues, feeling xtreme tired, went home 2 rest after wrk. but duno y, auto wrk up after 1 hr & immed went over 2 the nanny's hse 2 c my gal w/o informing the nanny (eh bought a pack of diapers up as an xcuse). the nanny was quite shocked when i arrived. when i hugged my gal, she got those sticky feeling:( tried smelling c if there was cigarette smell but, her body all Yu Yee Oil smell...left her hse 3 hrs ltr, which was like 12am+...

fri hubby went 2 bring her home, yippee:) took off her mittens & booties immed i reached home. realised between her fingernails & toenails, got dirt. she seemed 2 be quite dirty despite the nanny bathed her:( being a cleaned mummy, i immed used a wet towel & clean her again, make sure she's clean then feed her etc...& 1 thing, her bottles smell of milk, very strong smell...nv xperience this when i took care of her. being the compaint queen, i called my bro, my sis & my aunt (all treated my gal as princess)...erm wondering, isit i too cleaned liao? coz besides bath, i every evening/ nite got wipe her body again. haix, mon to thurs how nanny wana bath her i cant see mah. but fri since i bringing her home, she shd @ least do a show clean her so i can fangxin...

sobsob, ytd sent her back 2 the nanny's hse le. she seemed quite sad 2 leave mummy...i having some financial difficulties, this nanny is a close frenx to my hubby, so she charged us $300 (day + night). isit because of the amt we gave, she treated my gal like this? haix anyway when i saw her hse, i shake head...the place was quite messy...haix shdnt have trusted her...

might be bringing my gal back to m'sia give my aunt take care after her 6 in 1 jab...but by then, cant every week c her le...haix dilemma now...

Ting

hugs~

i understand, its very hard since our kids r still very young.
maybe u can ask your hubby to talk to your baby's nanny?
cos, i also dun like babies to be "dirty" n sticky.
makes me feel uncomfy, n they sure to feel more uncomfy!

apollo

share with you my xperience on the nanny...

last mon i sent my gal to the nany's house since tues i have 2 wrk ...left the place immed she slept, scared she will cry if she c me leave...haix can tell you, mon nite i cried until very jialat coz miss my gal (looking @ the sarang & her cot, empty )...jux imagine, i slept @ 6am & woke up @ 6.30am for wrk!!!

tues, feeling xtreme tired, went home 2 rest after wrk. but dont know why, auto wrk up after 1 hr & immed went over 2 the nanny's house 2 c my gal w/o informing the nanny (eh bought a pack of diapers up as an xcuse). the nanny was quite shocked when i arrived. when i hugged my gal, she got those sticky feeling:( tried smelling c if there was cigarette smell but, her body all Yu Yee Oil smell...left her house 3 hours ltr, which was like 12am+...

fri hubby went 2 bring her home, yippee:) took off her mittens & booties immed i reached home. realised between her fingernails & toenails, got dirt. she seemed 2 be quite dirty despite the nanny bathed her:( being a cleaned mummy, i immed used a wet towel & clean her again, make sure she's clean then feed her etc...& 1 thing, her bottles smell of milk, very strong smell...never xperience this when i took care of her. being the compaint queen, i called my bro, my sis & my aunt (all treated my gal as princess)...erm wondering, isit i too cleaned ? coz besides bath, i every evening/ nite got wipe her body again. haix, mon to thurs how nanny want to bath her i cant see mah. but fri since i bringing her home, she should @ least do a show clean her so i can fangxin...

sobsob, ytd sent her back 2 the nanny's house . she seemed quite sad 2 leave mummy...i having some financial difficulties, this nanny is a close frenx to my hubby, so she charged us $300 (day + night). isit because of the amt we gave, she treated my gal like this? haix anyway when i saw her house, i shake head...the place was quite messy...haix shdnt have trusted her...

might be bringing my gal back to m'sia give my aunt take care after her 6 in 1 jab...but by then, cant every week c her ...haix dilemma now...
i know hw u feel though ds is sticking to me 24/7.. even when i go par-tor with hubby and left ds with my mum, i'll keep call bk to ask what is he doing, drink milk alrdy, got cry anot???? i know my mum is the best person to take care of ds other than me but still will miss him though just go out for 1-2 hrs...

honestly speaking, i dont think ur hubby's fren has done a good job taking care ur girl so far... cos milk bottles shdnt have milk smell aft washing. i'm also a clean frak when comes to ds's hygiene...

is the nanny staying v far from ur place?? is it possible to bring her hom everynight??

Triquetra

Maybe you can consider infant care center?

Before dd is born, I kept thinking about going back to work asap cause I am not taking any allowance from dh and I stopped working since I was about 3 months pregnant. I am a very independent person.

My mentality changed after her delivery, I only trust myself and my mom but she is working full time and already helping to take care of my nephew and niece.

chelle

share with you my xperience on the nanny...

last mon i sent my gal to the nany's house since tues i have 2 wrk ...left the place immed she slept, scared she will cry if she c me leave...haix can tell you, mon nite i cried until very jialat coz miss my gal (looking @ the sarang & her cot, empty )...jux imagine, i slept @ 6am & woke up @ 6.30am for wrk!!!

tues, feeling xtreme tired, went home 2 rest after wrk. but dont know why, auto wrk up after 1 hr & immed went over 2 the nanny's house 2 c my gal w/o informing the nanny (eh bought a pack of diapers up as an xcuse). the nanny was quite shocked when i arrived. when i hugged my gal, she got those sticky feeling:( tried smelling c if there was cigarette smell but, her body all Yu Yee Oil smell...left her house 3 hours ltr, which was like 12am+...

fri hubby went 2 bring her home, yippee:) took off her mittens & booties immed i reached home. realised between her fingernails & toenails, got dirt. she seemed 2 be quite dirty despite the nanny bathed her:( being a cleaned mummy, i immed used a wet towel & clean her again, make sure she's clean then feed her etc...& 1 thing, her bottles smell of milk, very strong smell...never xperience this when i took care of her. being the compaint queen, i called my bro, my sis & my aunt (all treated my gal as princess)...erm wondering, isit i too cleaned ? coz besides bath, i every evening/ nite got wipe her body again. haix, mon to thurs how nanny want to bath her i cant see mah. but fri since i bringing her home, she should @ least do a show clean her so i can fangxin...

sobsob, ytd sent her back 2 the nanny's house . she seemed quite sad 2 leave mummy...i having some financial difficulties, this nanny is a close frenx to my hubby, so she charged us $300 (day + night). isit because of the amt we gave, she treated my gal like this? haix anyway when i saw her house, i shake head...the place was quite messy...haix shdnt have trusted her...

might be bringing my gal back to m'sia give my aunt take care after her 6 in 1 jab...but by then, cant every week c her ...haix dilemma now...
Oh dear, mayb u want to consider bringing her home everyday?
I am very worried my BB will miss me too so cannot bear to send him to nanny too early.
Or maybe can ask ur hubby to talk to the nanny abt it?
If bring to Malaysia even worse, cannot even c her when u want!

isabelandrew

not to scare u or gossip - i dun think this nanny of yours did her part to take care of ur bb..

bb small small - wont feel sticky so quickly unless nvr bathe for long hrs or place in hot places...

milk bottles wont hv smell one .....

Ting

i agree, she is not doing her job.
if she is those kind who really care n love kids, this wont be happening!!
last time my mum also helped her fren tc of baby when she wasnt working, when i was very young.
she also charged them very lil cos they r very poor.
but she make sure the lil girl is clean n tidy (cos her parents r the ones tt r messy!)
my mum even fork out her own money to buy nice clothes for her.

Oppsgal

My baby also sticky. I lazy to clean.. plus my baby seems very scare of water. When I use wet wipes to clean the face, very big reaction.

:embarrassed:

i know hw you feel though dear son is sticking to me 24/7.. even when i go par-tor with hubby and left dear son with my mum, i'll keep call back to ask what is he doing, drink milk alrdy, got cry anot???? i know my mum is the best person to take care of dear son other than me but still will miss him though just go out for 1-2 hours...

honestly speaking, i dont think your hubby's friend has done a good job taking care your girl so far... cos milk bottles shdnt have milk smell after washing. i'm also a clean frak when comes to dear son's hygiene...

is the nanny staying very far from your place?? is it possible to bring her hom everynight??
she did a very bad job indeed. @ 1st i tot it's my problem becoz i m a clean freak too...but when my hubby saw it, he also cant tahan:(

the nanny staying at bukit panjang, whereas i stay @ jurong. can say quite far bah...

haix no choice, infant care seemed too xpensive le...now i alone supporting the baby nia, hubby no use de...so i per mth can only pay her $300 (pampers, milk powder everything i buy 4 bb de), n she's ok with it. i knew i pay her v little, but she shd @ least take gd care of her mah...