Let me help your child succeed in the 'O' Level English Exam

Valerie Tan

Dear parent and guardian,

My name is Valerie and I am an English tutor with more than 10 years of experience. I was an ex teacher at a private school. I am well versed with MOE syllabus as well as the AEIS exam format for foreign students.

I am looking to conduct classes (no more than 5) and 1-to-1 tuition at my place (Tampines St 86; nearest MRT -Tampines) for all academic levels.

My style is that of an engaging and personal one, where I will first get to know every student, their learning styles and areas of weaknesses and then customize my teaching methods and tools accordingly.

I am a firm believer in the potential and uniqueness of every child. Every child has the ability to do well, given the right environment and under the tutelage of someone who is willing to come alongside to guide and direct. My ultimate aim is always to help them cultivate the interest in English and ultimately develop the love for reading because when that is in place, the child will be motivated to learn and the results will come inevitably.

What will be covered in my lessons:

- A systematic approach to teach topics relating to current world issues
- Widen students' general knowledge
- Equip them to comprehend texts on an increasingly complex range of topics
- To write well-informed compositions
- Motivate independent word building learning strategies that will strengthen vocabulary, support reading comprehension and enhance communication.
- Weekly comprehension and composition question practice tailored to help them work towards
achieving their desired grades.
- Analyse past '0' Level papers, anticipate common errors and teach Key Exam Strategies

Feel free to give me a ring or drop me a message at 97352214 or an email at thekueks@gmail.com for a deeper discussion on the needs of your child.