let me RANT!

BbpHir3

regina..
tell tat aunt of yours tat too much enfalac AR, will cause constipation!! lol.. not entirely true.. but it happened to my DD.. since she thinks wat eva happen to 1 baby, the same thing will happen to the other, den tell her this!!
PS: add in tat Bbphir3 said so~~ wahahahahahaha!!

dun care bout them lahz.. tell them things changes over time.. prices changed. milk powder changed.. tell her tat her hormones oso changed liaoz~~ petrol prices changed all the time.. it was 5cents more ex last month lohz!! let's not talk bout 3years!!

Regina,

The best way to make them shut up is to bring them down together when you see the PD again for any follow up check up. since they so much to say n as if they are expert, let the PD tell them. See they shut up or not.

Every individual baby is different, ask them lor since they think its the same. Just quote them a stupid example, if ppl tell you eat ur own shit you will have long life, will you eat? Then I think should get it and be smart enough to shut up.

Wah, I think if im u, i will really SCREW them upside down!

tinkerball

i have this habit with people i dont like. if someone said not to do this or that i and i felt it doesnt make sense, will do exactly the opposite. i have not been getting along well with MIL that when i go over her place i usually ignore her. i was talking to my SIL about a flat that me n hubby viewed at cck which we like but too expensive and throughout our conversation MIL kept interrupting behind us like too far and low floor the flat is and i chose to ignore cos its me n hubby's house. y must others influence our decision? and deep down i was so determined to get a flat as far away from my MIL as possible that i was considering Punggol or Sengkang area *evil grin*. (MIL is stating at west side). my point is listen to advice from those who know better and if u dont like what u hear just shut off from them. get multiple advice from different people and not from one so called expert and ultimately u decide what is best for your child

apollo

poor thing...already so sad still need to face these.....very 'fan' these ppl....ignore them ...as long as you follow what the pediatrician said. That time my son also snore, but i also ignore, now he dont anymore. My mother said dont give baby water as it cause bloated, but my hubby and father in law said give him plenty water, but i believe my mother heheh....and true enough, i saw on news that giving water to baby below 6 mths will cause heat problem! wow that time i feel so lucky that i choose to listen to my mother ....lolz

dont wry too much . do rest well so that you could take good care of your dear son when he discharge....hope your baby get well very soon....
my mum and mil all understand when i told them what pd said... but grand mil, dun understand.. partly is becos hubby's aunt keep tell her "it shdn't be..." cos her daughter only 3 yrs apart from my ds so shdn;t have change much and since her girl can drink water why can't mine??

we're seeing the same pd and she said "weird.. last time Dr didnt said cannot leh... u sure he said cannot?" they just dun trust me!

last time my mum also feel that shd give abit water but aft explaining the consequences to her, she so scare lo... even tell off ppl when they critisice me for not giving water

my mum and mother in law all understand when i told them what pediatrician said... but grand mother in law, dont understand.. partly is becos hubby's aunt keep tell her "it shdn't be..." cos her daughter only 3 yrs apart from my dear son so shdn;t have change much and since her girl can drink water why can't mine??

we're seeing the same pediatrician and she said "weird.. last time Dr didnt said cannot ... you sure he said cannot?" they just dont trust me!

last time my mum also feel that should give abit water but after explaining the consequences to her, she so scare ... even tell off ppl when they critisice me for not giving water
another thing I will do to ur hubby aunty is that i will tell her if you want me to change to Enfalac, can lor... You supply is it? Then i dun mind, den I will sarcastically tell her Ya lor, I no money, dats why gotta buy cheap milk lor, since you so nice tell me about how good Enfalac is den you supply lor.

Sumtimes this ppl really dun deserve being nice to them or even showing respect to them.

apollo

regina, your grandma in law and hubby's aunt is really a PITA.
omg, if its me, i would have blasted at her already, and ask her to STFU.
honestly, i think its really none of her biz how you take care of ya son.
tell her, you are the mother, you decide, ask her to mind her own kid can already .
diff kids diff situations what.
omg, she really damn annoying.
hope ya son is doing well now.
just try to ignore those annoying ppl~
what's PITA & STFU??

yes totally none of her business! I really dun understand why she and grand mil expect and sometimes even 'force' me to follow her style on taking care of babies!

apollo

brainless people are around everywhere~~~ignore them~~~one ear in one ear out~~~doesnt mean they are old and experienced and they are right all the time~~~*sayangz* feeling beta mahh? :001_302::001_302:
i admit that they may be more experience but the time has CHANGED! Nowadyas babies are totally diffe from the past alrdy cannot use the same method...

ya i feeling better as i know my hubby and family stand by my side... :Dancing_wub:

apollo

regina..
tell that aunt of yours that too much enfalac AR, will cause constipation!! lol.. not entirely true.. but it happened to my dear daughter.. since she thinks what eva happen to 1 baby, the same thing will happen to the other, then tell her this!!
PS: add in that Bbphir3 said so~~ wahahahahahaha!!

dont care bout them lahz.. tell them things changes over time.. prices changed. milk powder changed.. tell her that her hormones also changed liaoz~~ petrol prices changed all the time.. it was 5cents more ex last month lohz!! let's not talk bout 3years!!
yalo they just dun understand the world keep changing EVERY SINGLE SECONDS!

CanCanMum

i admit that they may be more experience but the time has CHANGED! Nowadyas babies are totally diffe from the past alrdy cannot use the same method...

ya i feeling better as i know my hubby and family stand by my side... :Dancing_wub:
ya lols~~~

last time babies like my time all gong gong deee

eat sleep eat sleep nia~~~

where got want to "talk" to u and knows who is who deee

*my mum and grandma in law always say tat*

apollo

Regina,

The best way to make them shut up is to bring them down together when you see the pediatrician again for any follow up check up. since they so much to say and as if they are expert, let the pediatrician tell them. See they shut up or not.

Every individual baby is different, ask them since they think its the same. Just quote them a stupid example, if ppl tell you eat your own shit you will have long life, will you eat? Then I think should get it and be smart enough to shut up.

Wah, I think if im you, i will really SCREW them upside down!
i respect them as my hubby's granny and aunt if not i sure shoot them until they vomit blood!

apollo

i have this habit with people i dont like. if someone said not to do this or that i and i felt it doesnt make sense, will do exactly the opposite. i have not been getting along well with mother in law that when i go over her place i usually ignore her. i was talking to my sister In law about a flat that me and hubby viewed at chua chu kang which we like but too expensive and throughout our conversation mother in law kept interrupting behind us like too far and low floor the flat is and i chose to ignore cos its me and hubby's house. why must others influence our decision? and deep down i was so determined to get a flat as far away from my mother in law as possible that i was considering Punggol or Sengkang area *evil grin*. (mother in law is stating at west side). my point is listen to advice from those who know better and if you dont like what you hear just shut off from them. get multiple advice from different people and not from one so called expert and ultimately you decide what is best for your child
YES that's why whenever she told me this brand good, i purposely buy another one! pissed her off!!:001_302:

apollo

another thing I will do to your hubby aunty is that i will tell her if you want me to change to Enfalac, can ... You supply is it? Then i dont mind, then I will sarcastically tell her Ya , I no money, that is why gotta buy cheap milk , since you so nice tell me about how good Enfalac is then you supply .

Sumtimes this ppl really dont deserve being nice to them or even showing respect to them.
tt's exactly what my mum asked me to tell her the next time! she even got the nerve to called up my hubby last night and kept perstering him and asked why dun change milk powder... hubby got so fed-up and told her we'll only seek forpd's instruction, tt's it!

karoru

sori, regina mummy, i don have much of such experiences and can't really give you any advises but just want to send you mine and boy boy's huggs to you... what i learnt from my so far 26 weeks of pregnancy is baby is mine (in my tummy) and nobody, not even DH will know the best than me for my baby... don really know how to put in words but i hope you get what i mean...

apollo

ya lols~~~

last time babies like my time all gong gong deee

eat sleep eat sleep nia~~~

where got want to "talk" to you and knows who is who deee

*my mum and grandma in law always say that*
ya nowadays babies very clever one, so cannot used back old formula... fil still say babies dunno anything, so my fault that he drink too much but the fact is nowadays babies will keep drinking until they are full, they know when they are full and when they are hungry...

apollo

sori, regina mummy, i dont have much of such experiences and can't really give you any advises but just want to send you mine and boy boy's huggs to you... what i learnt from my so far 26 weeks of pregnancy is baby is mine (in my tummy) and nobody, not even dear husband will know the best than me for my baby... dont really know how to put in words but i hope you get what i mean...
ya i understand... babies id ours, only mothers will know what is the best for their own babies =)

apollo

and and and....

that time hubby's aunt's daughter saw me fedding dear son and she said "baby drink milk milk" aunt told her "No girl, it's DIFFERENT! baby is drinking friso while you're drinking GAIN IQ! it's totally different!!!"

So funny ?? her daughter said baby drink milk milk only she can link to the brand of milk !!!

dear son dont have much hair since birth and she and grand mother in law keep say "how come baby no hair?" and gave those nasty look to dear son...

and recently hubby's aunt gave us a brush telling us to brush his hair! my mum got damn pissed off! Can see fire coming up alrdy! she feels that hubby's aunt is insulting dear son! Since she know dear son dont have hair, how to comb??? machiam giving comb to a monk!

when i was preg,she keep saying that mine is CONFIRM a girl... she said she used those pregnancy 'calculator' and it was very accurate for her and she said she counted mine and i confirm will have a baby girl.. in e the, detail scan shows i'm having a baby boy...

she still dont wanna give up keep go tell grand mother in law that sometimes detail scan not accurate.. scan is boy but give birth will turn out become girl, made grand mother in law so kanchiong! mother in law told them most impt is baby HEALTHY !! she even keep say "weirdleh, the preg calculator counted you're having a GIRL not boy... how come the scan shows boy? maybe is the finger???"

when her daughter see my ds and wanna sayang him, fil teased her daughter "ask ur mama give birth to a baby boy for u to plat" she will say "even i wanna give birth one more i also want a GIRL, girl is better than boy.. boy not good." she actually said that kind of things in front of ds! though ds still young but i feel that it's v v bad to say such things in front of him!
*wanna slap her*

Last edited:

SunShine07

my mum and mother in law all understand when i told them what pediatrician said... but grand mother in law, dont understand.. partly is becos hubby's aunt keep tell her "it shdn't be..." cos her daughter only 3 yrs apart from my dear son so shdn;t have change much and since her girl can drink water why can't mine??

we're seeing the same pediatrician and she said "weird.. last time Dr didnt said cannot ... you sure he said cannot?" they just dont trust me!

last time my mum also feel that should give abit water but after explaining the consequences to her, she so scare ... even tell off ppl when they critisice me for not giving water

Hmmm...seem like they dun trust you simply becos ur auntie think she is too smart....

Just tell them, you only believe and follow what the doctor says. Every baby is different what...i always strongly believe that mother will know what is best for baby loh.....like previously my mum help me to babysit my son....but i still know better than my son what he wants and like when my son keep crying non stop...there is just this special link between mother and baby....

aiyoh, these ppl hor, just let them say what they wan....

Acutally if i fed up, i will just tell them dun need to worry for my son, i know what is best and i know what to do...morever you all are not doctors...thank you......hope it can shut off their mouth...:001_302: lolz

uddermummy

eh, just saw thispost.

regina, why your pd give you meds if your boy's reflux is mild huh? what meds he gave? cos some meds will have side effects one.

also, reflux the disease is not because of overfeeding. overfeeding will only cause the normal spitting. refluxers usually spit or vomit even when they are not full, that's why a lot of them fAil to thrive.

some refluxers drink a lot because milk helps to neutralise the acid from the reflux and makes them feel better. these bbs tend to put on a lot of weight.

wonder why your doc changed the powder since your boy is putting on weight fine...

you may want to change docs cos not all docs are good with reflux. if you need more help on reflux, there's a thread in the special needs forum.

uddermummy

as for that smart alecky auntie, tell her the doc says so, the doc says so, and if she doesn't believe you, then she can go and ask the doctor...

some pple are like that, they have one kid and all of a sudden they think that they are an expert on everything and everyone must do what they say!

apollo

eh, just saw thispost.

regina, why your pediatrician give you meds if your boy's reflux is mild huh? what meds he gave? cos some meds will have side effects one.

also, reflux the disease is not because of overfeeding. overfeeding will only cause the normal spitting. refluxers usually spit or vomit even when they are not full, that's why a lot of them fAil to thrive.

some refluxers drink a lot because milk helps to neutralise the acid from the reflux and makes them feel better. these bbs tend to put on a lot of weight.

wonder why your doc changed the powder since your boy is putting on weight fine...

you may want to change docs cos not all docs are good with reflux. if you need more help on reflux, there's a thread in the special needs forum.
he said the powder is thicker and will 'stay' in his stomach longer and becos those normal powder he drink alrdy vi\moit more often... so far so good... and i was told that the medi is not for long term and must let him lie around 45degree for at least 30min after feed...