let me RANT!

apollo

Hi mummies, this will be a long post. But pls let me rant if not i think i will breakdown anytim!

It started on last week when we realised dear son's testical was swollen and we brought him down to his pediatrician at Thomson Medical Center... pediatrician said it's alright and the swelling will goes off around 6mths time but at the same time he found out that dear son got colic and mild reflux!

Prescribed dear son medications but days later, the reflux seems to be worsen and he vomit more milk! So we called up the clinic and pediatrician asked us to bring him down immediately and he might have to be admitted...

True enough, dear son was admitted...

pediatrician explained to us that colic and reflux are very common in babies and reflux is mostly due to over-fedding and the wrong position we carried him.. And he changed the milk powder to Friso Comfort which is much more thicker... I did ask izzit gonna do with the Friso brand he said NO, it's the powder, so we should continue with Friso brand BUT change to a thicker type of powder..

Yesterday after doing all the admissions stuff, hubby carried dear son and his aunt called, i helped him to ans...

She then keep saying "told you alrdy, dont give your son Friso, it's a lousy brand, you should give him enfalac... quickly go change to enfalac" I told her about what pediatrician told me regarding the Brand.. It's NOT the brand, is the powder... So even if we give him Enfalac in the 1st place, we'll also have to change to enfalac AR...

She keep pestering me to change the BRAND!

After that she said "must be you didnt take any good food or tonic during pregnancy that's why your son so weak... my girl very strong! so now you regret alrdy right? next time 2nd preg see you dare to not eat good food and tonic anot!"

HELLO! My mum brew tonic, birdnests for me throughout the whole pregnancy!!! She didnt know anything and assume that i didnt!

and my mum felt extremely offended when she know that she actually said this kind of things to me!

She also keep saying things like "that time my daughter dont have colic, reflux and phelgm pro ... how come your son lik that???"

keep saying that 3yrs ago she gave birth at Thomson Medical Center, and we see the same and she stayed one more day than me how come she only paid 1k i paid 2k cash.. told her 3 yrs alrdy, the bill has rise alot she just dont believe that within 3yrs the bill will rise!

I'm alrdy feeling damn sad and frustrated that my son admitting hospital yet she keep 'pour cold water' on me!

she even asked hubby to give her my number cos she wanna ask what the pd said! what's that gonna do with her??? lucky hubby know her pattern and also know that i'm alrdy feeling lousy so didnt give her if not i think i will really scold her!

the worst is, my grand mother in law always listen to her precious daughter and she come blaming me that i shdn't overfeed dear son... But pediatrician once informed us NOT to control dear son's feeding unless he vomited alot... And when we realised he vomited alot, we quickly brought him to his pediatrician! Have i not done enough???

I told them dear son's want to drink more if not he will wail and scream! Pacifier also no use... he must drink until 120ml then willing to stop wailing and screaming...

Grand mother in law then said becos i didnt feed him water! said i should feed him water to stop his hunger!

1stly: pediatrician said NO WATER!!
2ndly: reflux is due to overfeeding, feed him water will also bloat him!

they just dont understand!!

Grand mother in law keep say how come last time hubby's aunt's daughter (3yrs old now) drink so much water and her pediatrician (same as my dear son) also didnt say anything and also nth happen to her... and even asked t\me to learn how to take care baby from her daughter cos she's very good at it!

hubby and mother in law keep explained to her that 3 yrs ago and now is totally diffe alrdy and we should listen to pediatrician! Unless pediatrician say should give, if not we shdn't do so... i think my hubby and mother in law also bth them...

this morning even the nurse also come telling me NEVER feed dear son water!!!

dear son is 5kilo now (6week old) and they keep criticise how FAT he is and it's not good to be 5kilo during 6 weeks old... i told them pediatrician said dear son is GROWING WELL they just dont trust me!

when he just borned, they said he's small (2.9kilo) now they say he's too fat! Must control his diet! Have you heard before controlling babies' diet when pediatrician said it's OKAY!

grand mother in law said i shdn't offer dear son pacifier and sarong cause her daughter also didn't do so to her baby! So funny! why must i follow whatever her daughter did???

one more thing... dear son is 'snoring' whenever he sleep.. seen a few pediatrician and all said is NORMAL! father in law insist me to buy him "breath right" and stick on his nose!!! OMG!! dear son is SO young how can anyhow use?? even his pediatrician also said just leave it, dont ever do anything to it, but sometimes can spray a lil seawater (but not always cos no need to)...

father in law then said breath right is better cos seawater is MEDICATION and will harm dear son!!! WOW I 1st time heard before , seawater will harm dear son!

really sry for this long post but i really to vent out my anger! thks for reading =)

Queenbabe

Hi mummies, this will be a long post. But pls let me rant if not i think i will breakdown anytim!

It started on last week when we realised dear son's testical was swollen and we brought him down to his pediatrician at Thomson Medical Center... pediatrician said it's alright and the swelling will goes off around 6mths time but at the same time he found out that dear son got colic and mild reflux!

Prescribed dear son medications but days later, the reflux seems to be worsen and he vomit more milk! So we called up the clinic and pediatrician asked us to bring him down immediately and he might have to be admitted...

pediatrician explained to us that colic and reflux are very common in babies and reflux is mostly due to over-fedding and the wrong position we carried him.. And he changed the milk powder to Friso Comfort which is much more thicker... I did ask izzit gonna do with the Friso brand he said NO, it's the powder, so we should continue with Friso brand BUT change to a thicker type of powder..

Yesterday after doing all the admissions stuff, hubby carried dear son and his aunt called, i helped him to ans...

She then keep saying "told you alrdy, dont give your son Friso, it's a lousy brand, you should give him enfalac... quickly go change to enfalac" I told her about what pediatrician told me regarding the Brand.. It's NOT the brand, is the powder... So even if we give him Enfalac in the 1st place, we'll also have to change to enfalac AR...

After that she said "must be you didnt take any good food or tonic during pregnancy that's why your son so weak... my girl very strong! so now you regret alrdy right? next time 2nd preg see you dare to not eat good food and tonic anot!"

HELLO! My mum brew tonic, birdnests for me throughout the whole pregnancy!!! She didnt know anything and assume that i didnt!

and my mum felt extremely offended when she know that she actually said this kind of things to me!

She also keep saying things like "that time my daughter dont have colic, reflux and phelgm pro ... how come your son lik that???"

keep saying that 3yrs ago she gave birth at Thomson Medical Center, and we see the same and she stayed one more day than me how come she only paid 1k i paid 2k cash.. told her 3 yrs alrdy, the bill has rise alot she just dont believe that within 3yrs the bill will rise!

I'm alrdy feeling damn sad and frustrated that my son admitting hospital yet she keep 'pour cold water' on me!

she even asked hubby to give her my number cos she wanna ask what the pediatrician said! what's that gonna do with her??? lucky hubby know her pattern and also know that i'm alrdy feeling lousy so didnt give her if not i think i will really scold her!

the worst is, my grand mother in law always listen to her precious daughter and she come blaming me that i shdn't overfeed dear son... But pediatrician once informed us NOT to control dear son's feeding unless he vomited alot... And when we realised he vomited alot, we quickly brought him to his pediatrician! Have i not done enough???

I told them dear son's want to drink more if not he will wail and scream! Pacifier also no use... he must drink until 120ml then willing to stop wailing and screaming...

Grand mother in law then said becos i didnt feed him water! said i should feed him water to stop his hunger!

Grand mother in law keep say how come last time hubby's aunt's daughter (3yrs old now) drink so much water and her pediatrician (same as my dear son) also didnt say anything and also nth happen to her... and even asked t\me to learn how to take care baby from her daughter cos she's very good at it!

hubby and mother in law keep explained to her that 3 yrs ago and now is totally diffe alrdy and we should listen to pediatrician! Unless pediatrician say should give, if not we shdn't do so... i think my hubby and mother in law also bth them...

dear son is 5kilo now (6week old) and they keep criticise how FAT he is and it's not good to be 5kilo during 6 weeks old... i told them pediatrician said dear son is GROWING WELL they just dont trust me!

when he just borned, they said he's small (2.9kilo) now they say he's too fat! Must control his diet! Have you heard before controlling babies' diet when pediatrician said it's OKAY!

grand mother in law said i shdn't offer dear son pacifier and sarong cause her daughter also didn't do so to her baby! So funny! why must i follow whatever her daughter did???

one more thing... dear son is 'snoring' whenever he sleep.. seen a few pediatrician and all said is NORMAL! father in law insist me to buy him "breath right" and stick on his nose!!! OMG!! dear son is SO young how can anyhow use?? even his pediatrician also said just leave it, dont ever do anything to it, but sometimes can spray a lil seawater (but not always cos no need to)...

father in law then said breath right is better cos seawater is MEDICATION and will harm dear son!!! WOW I 1st time heard before , seawater will harm dear son!

really sry for this long post but i really to vent out my anger! thks for reading =)
Regina , sometimes some people are brainless u know so u can simply dont bother about them .... do u use nasal drops for your ds ? i also using some seawater spray solution & nasal drops if there is a need .... i totally understand how u feel dont worry just come here to let out your unhappiness :001_302:

autumn82

she even asked hubby to give her my number cos she wanna ask what the pediatrician said! what's that gonna do with her??? lucky hubby know her pattern and also know that i'm alrdy feeling lousy so didnt give her if not i think i will really scold her!

*HuggieS* How's sonnie now? Feeling better?? Just ignore them.. There's always such ppl ard...

Domique

having a ds or dd made me and my hubby learn tat pple can give a lot of useless advise and everyone have every different suggestions and opinion.
Stay on ur own opinion n ignore them. they can be irritating, keep stepping on ur nerves when you already tell them nicely ur opinion. But bear in mind, they dun care ur opinion and just wanna share theirs.
Most imptly, they have good intentions - they care for u n bb.
The above sentence must bear in mind so u can keep ur cool at times. Altot i also feel irritated at times but control lor becoz they are our elders.

Anything just rant here and we are all ears and all mummies here understand how u feel!!

:)

hugz
:wong19:
now most impt is ur ds get well soon.....

apollo

Regina , sometimes some people are brainless you know so you can simply dont bother about them .... do you use nasal drops for your dear son ? i also using some seawater spray solution & nasal drops if there is a need .... i totally understand how you feel dont worry just come here to let out your unhappiness :001_302:
those outside pd said can use as many times as i like but my ds pd told me use only when necessary those it's not medi and will not harm him but no point keep using since the 'snoring' will go off itself ...

apollo

*HuggieS* How's sonnie now? Feeling better?? Just ignore them.. There's always such ppl around...
so far so good.. hopefully can be discharge tml.. but will be quite tedious cos aft feeding gonna tilt him up for at least 30min.. cannot keep shift him cos scare he'll vomit =(

apollo

having a dear son or dear daughter made me and my hubby learn that pple can give a lot of useless advise and everyone have every different suggestions and opinion.
Stay on your own opinion and ignore them. they can be irritating, keep stepping on your nerves when you already tell them nicely your opinion. But bear in mind, they dont care your opinion and just wanna share theirs.
Most imptly, they have good intentions - they care for you and baby.
The above sentence must bear in mind so you can keep your cool at times. Altot i also feel irritated at times but control becoz they are our elders.

Anything just rant here and we are all ears and all mummies here understand how you feel!!

:)

hugz
:wong19:
now most impt is your dear son get well soon.....
i know everyone has diffe opinion but very funny lo, hubby's ah ma and aunt INSIST i should use their method!! even mil also told them every babies is diffe, no point using the same method, same thing...

like for nappy cream, she intro me GAIA cos ds butt redness and she told me desitin lousy not good... only those organic one good..but aft using still same lo so i change to desitin and so far so good, at least better than the one she gave me (cross my finger)

every brand i use on ds, she'll say LOUSY just becos her daughter dun suit and INSIST me to CHANGE and even volunteer to buy for me... i told her ds dun suit that brand and she always dun believe! keep say impossible that ds dun suit cos her daughter suit!!

apollo

your baby def not fat!! my baby at 4 mths now is 9kg!!
pd also say is okay as long as he's drinking well, pooing well, shsh-ing well...

they just keep criticise how fat is ds and how come that time aunt's daughter not so fat, must be i overfeed and FORCE him to drink.. told me cannot force him! he's me precious ds leh! how can i force him???

austrina

just tel your hubby aunt dat each individual is diff... doesnt mean enfalac or other things works on her daughter will definately work on your dear son... must also c whether e milk powder or e things used suit him not ... so navie 1 man...
so datz why some mummies keep changin milk powder until they find 1 datz suitable 4 their babies...
just ignore dem... do what you think is absolute rite & best 4 your dear son... hope ur ds gt well soon...
cheers...

Last edited:

MomoMummy

wah i will b damn stress when im already so troubled my child has to b admitted.

newborn to give breath right?? got use meh.. newborn nose so small the thing soo big. will make him more pek chek hw come got extra thing on his nose. better dun try cos later affect his breathing.
i went to GP for DD first hep B injection, the GP told us snoring is common. If there is pi sai inside his nose, he will use the mouth to breathe.

yr husband should just tell them to leave the matter to the parents and not add anymore fuel to the fire. if me, i off all phones. i handle the situation first den other pple wan talk wat after tt den talk.

i understand yr situation when u wan to quarrel or tell them off u cant cos they r yr in laws. whenever they say in the future will affect u also.. try yr best to ignore them or go into the rm if they visit u. tell yr husb to tell them nt to speak abt those things again.

hope yr son will get well soon

apollo

just tel your hubby aunt dat each individual is diff... doesnt mean enfalac or other things works on her daughter will definately work on your dear son... must also c whether e milk powder or e things used suit him not ... so navie 1 man...
so datz why some mummies keep changin milk powder until they find 1 datz suitable 4 their babies...
just ignore dem... do what you think is absolute rite & best 4 your dear son... hope your dear son gt well soon...
cheers...
whenever i dun follow the way she told me, grand mil will say me... if nth happen to ds okay la but now ds in hospital den she keep say he got reflux, colic ALL BECOS I DIDN TLEARN FROM HUBBY'S AUNT!!

hubby and me only follow what pd said.. if he said don't do this, we will follow...

apollo

wah i will b damn stress when im already so troubled my child has to b admitted.

newborn to give breath right?? got use meh.. newborn nose so small the thing soo big. will make him more pek chek hw come got extra thing on his nose. better dont try cos later affect his breathing.
i went to GP for dear daughter first hep B injection, the GP told us snoring is common. If there is pi sai inside his nose, he will use the mouth to breathe.

your husband should just tell them to leave the matter to the parents and not add anymore fuel to the fire. if me, i off all phones. i handle the situation first then other pple want talk what after that then talk.

i understand your situation when you want to quarrel or tell them off you cant cos they are your in laws. whenever they say in the future will affect you also.. try your best to ignore them or go into the rm if they visit you. tell your husb to tell them not to speak about those things again.

hope your son will get well soon
ya i got so stress up and cried alot upon knowing that ds gonna be admitted.. cos his pd is not tt kind who will admit baby easily...

not only my hubby, even mil also tell grand mil that now the time is diffe from the past alrdy!

fil same blood grp with grand mil and aunt la... they breath in the same air so listen to each other..

my mum used to tell me to REN not matter what his aunt said.. but when she knows that she actually said all these stuffs to me instead of consoling when i was alrdy so stress up, my mum said she felt extremely offended (esp when she said I DID NOT eat good food, cos i'm staying with my mum etc..).. now, she asked me to just shoot her back if she ever dare to criticise me again... becos of her extra words, grand mil keep reprimand me for not doing a good job on taking care ds..

last night i came bk home to rest while hubby took over in the hospital... she called hubby again and keep asking y i dun wanna let ds change milk powder... hubby got so pissed off and told her we'll seek for pd's intructions and ask her not to wry!

SunShine07

poor thing...already so sad still need to face these.....very 'fan' hor these ppl....ignore them lah...as long as u follow what the PD said. That time my son also snore, but i also ignore, now he dun anymore. My mother said dun give bb water as it cause bloated, but my hubby and fil said give him plenty water, but i believe my mother heheh....and true enough, i saw on news that giving water to bb below 6 mths will cause heat problem! wow that time i feel so lucky that i choose to listen to my mother leh....lolz

dun wry too much lah. do rest well so that u could take good care of ur ds when he discharge....hope ur bb get well very soon....

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
*hugs*

I practice one ear in; one ear out. But its really hard sometimes.

You've got a great hubby who's supporting you and loving you.

Hope your ds gets better real soon.

*hugs*

autumn82

so far so good.. hopefully can be discharge tml.. but will be quite tedious cos after feeding gonna tilt him up for at least 30min.. cannot keep shift him cos scare he'll vomit =(
Usually after milk, try to keep the baby upright for at least 15min while u're burping him and of coz, don't move ard carrying baby.. Heh. My MIL loves to do that to Iggy and Iggy will be merlion after that.. :embarrassed: Take good care of yourself and sonnie! :) *pats*

Ting

regina, your grandma in law n hubby's aunt is really a PITA.
omg, if its me, i would hv blasted at her alr, n ask her to STFU.
honestly, i think its really none of her biz how u take care of ya son.
tell her, u r the mother, u decide, ask her to mind her own kid can alr la.
diff kids diff situations wat.
omg, she really damn annoying.
hope ya son is doing well now.
just try to ignore those annoying ppl~

wenz

Hey dun be dishearted by them... always rem our son is our son, we went thru preg and labour and bring them up...
So we know better then anyone else how to take care of our children...

let them say whatever they wan and dun be bother by them...

take care especially now as baby need u the most...
*hugz*

CanCanMum

brainless people are around everywhere~~~ignore them~~~one ear in one ear out~~~doesnt mean they are old and experienced and they are right all the time~~~*sayangz* feeling beta mahh? :001_302::001_302: