Licking hands

Verona's

Hey mummies ,

My baby is 2 & half month old now ,i realised she started to look at her hand already most probably she is curious but after while she will start licking or just put her hand on her mouth & then rub all over her face . any mummies encounter this situation & what did you all do ? She will do that with or without her mittens :( Thanks !

apollo

ds started doing tt when he was 2mth old too.. and he slowly 'upgrade' to sucking his fingers/hands.. hehe..

woofy55

Louis also did it when he was around 2mths old.. and he just "upgraded" in this case, quoting apollo.. hehe.. he can suck until got sound as if it's the most delicious thing on earth.. faint. Bobian lor... try to change her mittens more often..

Verona's

Hmm so i should just let her be & change her mittens often ? She is very very unhappy & throw tantrum if i hold her hand tightly not letting her to suck alamak ..

ikastaatsmann

Hey mummies ,

My baby is 2 & half month old now ,i realised she started to look at her hand already most probably she is curious but after while she will start licking or just put her hand on her mouth & then rub all over her face . any mummies encounter this situation & what did you all do ? She will do that with or without her mittens :( Thanks !
haha...my baby same like u, also 2mth plus...
when she started to lick n put her hand or fingers into her mouth, i was kinda freakedout.. i called my sis n asked her what to do, n she said thats normal n gv pacifier. but she hates pacifier.,,,
now she still doing it, n her mittens always WET!

Ivy Miao

haha!! Dear son doing that too. Just licking and sucking. I wipe his face every time after he finished his licking. His hand full of saliva and wipe his face, little red dotes are coming out. I took his mittens away as adviced by other mummies. Cut his nails everyday and onli allow him to wear mittens when he's asleep. But when change his diapers at night, will change his mittens as well.

Just today, he made that loud sucking sound. I tried to pull his hand, he wasnt happy! So I just let him suck till he happy then wipe his hand and face again after each suck.

shiyi

last nite saw her doing that again i ate another side of her hand to tease her haha.. den squeze pacifier into her mouth!

Verona's

Ya ! it was licking just became sucking , even suck till red red , been wiping & wiping her face , let her suck all she want . After awhile her face all saliva have been repeating all the while , don't know should i give her pacifier , scare later will harm her gum when she start teething .. :(

Jonevieve

My baby not only sucking her hands but will also put her arm near her mouth and somehow seems like kissing and rubbing.. also seems like finding nipple during breastfeeding... Is that normal? Is she really finding nipple? Or just seeking comfort from doing that?

angelwendy

i thought licking hands try not to put mitten already?? as mitten will have fur... then when lick sometime will have some on their mouth?? my boy is beginning to lick sometime but not much.. as he is only 6 weeks old... so i think he will be sucking & licking his hand soon.. soon i cut short his nails.. & don't put mitten anymore?? how old then we stop putting mitten on them??

venus_mars

i thought licking hands try not to put mitten already?? as mitten will have fur... then when lick sometime will have some on their mouth?? my boy is beginning to lick sometime but not much.. as he is only 6 weeks old... so i think he will be sucking & licking his hand soon.. soon i cut short his nails.. & don't put mitten anymore?? how old then we stop putting mitten on them??
HI

You can stop letting the babies wear mittens from 6th weeks, so that they can learn to grab and feel things. My son also likes to suck his thumb and sometimes put a few fingers into his mouth then wipe across his face.

My advise is to remove the mittens.
>> My son has infantile acne and the problem worsens and i discovered is cos of the mittens despite I change it frequently. Maybe when he sucks on his hand, it dries up easily but the saliva stuck onto the mittens and worsen the face condition. The moment i remove his mittens, his face cleared up.

soapsoap

my gal gal is 3 moth old and she like to suck her hand, this few day i notice that the corner of her mouth is red red with some small dote like rashes like tat, should i bring her see doc?