Lil Stevlynn Arrived on 17/11/09 Sharing the Same Bday as Daddy

adelynn

Check Up at 37 Weeks shows that I am already 4CM dilated. Had actually scheduled to induce labour on 19th Nov (Hubby & I wanted this date initially) but as i am GBS+ and am already 4CM dilated, my gynae does not recommend waiting any further; thus scheduled to be admitted on 17th for induction.

7AM: Admitted to KKH Delivery Suite
7:30AM: Gynae came to check and break my waterbag. I am already 5CM dilated & in 'active labour' with some slight contractions. Gynae went ahead to break my waterbag. Oxytocin given to increase contractions

Antibiotics given via IV for GBS+

Started feeling increase contractions and was in pain.

10:30AM: Gynae came in to check and i was only 6CM dilated. Said that my muscles were too tensed with the contractions thus not dilating well. Asked if i wanted pain relief (Epi) to get the dilation going without having to bear the pain of the contractions

(Yes, i'm bad at tolerating pain, haha. To think i even considered going all natural~)

11:10AM: Epi done and i felt comfortable immediately. (Haha). Oxytocin dosage increased to bring on dilations and regular contractions. I took a nap during this time to 'store power'

11:30AM: Antibiotics given via IV for GBS+

12:30PM: Dilated at 7CM

2:50PM: Dilated at 9CM but baby head still quite high. Was asked to sit upright so that baby would 'move down'

3:30PM: Fully dilated but baby head still as high. Baby heart rate dropped slightly, so oxytocin dosage reduced. Started some pushing to bring the baby's head down.

3:50PM: Stopped pushing cuz felt like vomiting, and vomited out some gastric juice. Antibiotics given via IV for GBS+

4:05PM: My epidural was turned off to allow me to feel some pain during my contractions to aid my pushing efforts.

4:20PM: Stopped pushing again cuz vomited out more gastric juice. The funny thing was that as i was vomiting, the mid-wifes commented that my baby was moving downwards. My vomiting actions was aiding my girl down the birth canal

Gave 2 pushes to bring my girl down

4:40PM: Gave another 3 pushes and she was out :)

shiseru

Congratulation!! Wow same birthday as the daddy~ double good news for you and your hubby~

Take good care and have a good confinement. Enjoy the motherhood!